Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC? SEOAL?

Bird Dog
All Conference

Re: Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC?

Post by Bird Dog »

hannancoach wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:Gobigblack I assume you are a Point fan by your username.

Can you elaborate on why Point joined then left the SEOAL last time and if you think there would be any renewed interest again or are they simply looking at the TVC or OVC as an option.
They wrote the book on cut and run and then loaned it to Athens.
Oh Snap
Last edited by Bird Dog on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Roadhog wrote:Aw one more , let's go north, combine Jackson and Wellston call it Jackwell HS home of the Ironrockets!!
Great idea. As we all know the best thing about people from wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates. :lol:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Dandy Don wrote:Will someone please join the SEOAL so Jackson and Logan will quit whining.
I love this discussion. It's always interesting to see what people from schools outside the TVC think is "good for the TVC." And it's usually people from schools that want in the TVC. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like I said I really do not care what Logan does. Jackson and Logan plus Warrren do not need the TVC. Mainly Jackson and Logan should not go to any conference where the towns are getting smaller and smaller and will have to drop certain sports or consolidate. The TVC has Athens now and wonder where they would be if they hadn't brought in The Plains and Dover. They would have left the SEOAL earlier. I'm mainly a track and field person and I love all the schools that I keep stats on. Too much is put on football. Jackson and Logan will be fine. They are big boys and will manage. I would say they will be around long after some other schools in southeastern Ohio. I don't talk about Logan joining the TVC to help themselves. I really do think it would benefit if the TVC had another division. I bet if the TVC went to a third division you would see the OVC. SOC and SVC trying to get teams from the other to join them to make a 2nd or third division..which in the long run would have one of those three shut down.

Haven't looked it up but how many division I thur VII does each of the main conferences in southeastern Ohio have. TVC, SVC, SOC and OVC...Do we have conferences with schools that are too small to compete for a all/sports trophy?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wellston Ironman wrote:
Roadhog wrote:Aw one more , let's go north, combine Jackson and Wellston call it Jackwell HS home of the Ironrockets!!
Great idea. As we all know the best thing about people from wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates. :lol:
I know you are just having fun but if Jackson and Wellston went together Wellston fans would be out of a league.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Don't think it matters in 5 to 10 years. leagues will be different i every sport. You will have soccer, volleyball, and baseball leagues, and different leagues for basket ball and even more different leagues for football. It will make most since for everyone.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I would be very surprised to see Point in the OVC. I just dont see this from a cost standpoint, I like the league as it sets right now.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

noreply66 wrote:Like I said I really do not care what Logan does. Jackson and Logan plus Warrren do not need the TVC. Mainly Jackson and Logan should not go to any conference where the towns are getting smaller and smaller and will have to drop certain sports or consolidate. The TVC has Athens now and wonder where they would be if they hadn't brought in The Plains and Dover. They would have left the SEOAL earlier. I'm mainly a track and field person and I love all the schools that I keep stats on. Too much is put on football. Jackson and Logan will be fine. They are big boys and will manage. I would say they will be around long after some other schools in southeastern Ohio. I don't talk about Logan joining the TVC to help themselves. I really do think it would benefit if the TVC had another division. I bet if the TVC went to a third division you would see the OVC. SOC and SVC trying to get teams from the other to join them to make a 2nd or third division..which in the long run would have one of those three shut down.

Haven't looked it up but how many division I thur VII does each of the main conferences in southeastern Ohio have. TVC, SVC, SOC and OVC...Do we have conferences with schools that are too small to compete for a all/sports trophy?
Hope what's below answers your 1st question. As for the 2nd question, I don't think the SOC does All-Sports trophies, but I would like to see it happen, at least for SOC II, but for SOC I to do it, I thinkmore teams would have to add some sports like in Football, Boys Soccer, and Boys Tennis, and the SOC would maybe have to move South Webster down and add Ironton St. Joe in order for SOC I to do it. Also, it makes things difficult for SOC to do an all-sports trophy when SOC II schools compete in SOC I in certain sports to keep an even number of divisions. Examples include Valley and South Webster in Boys Soccer, South Webster in Boys Golf, South Webster and sometimes Valley in Track & Field, Northwest and Oak Hill in Football; Boys Soccer is understandable since Clay and New Boston are the only SOC I soccer schools, but the rest of the sports have at least 4 SOC I teams. I'm not sure about the other conferences, but I think they could all compete for an All-Sports Trophy right now if they wanted, if they're not already.

Mid-State League: Buckeye Division
Pickaway County:
Circleville D4
Logan Elm D4
Teays Valley D2

Ohio Valley Conference
Chesapeake D6
Dawson-Bryant D6
Fairland D5
Ironton D5
Portsmouth D5
Rock Hill D5
South Point D5

South Central Ohio League
Chillicothe D3
Clinton-Massie D4
East Clinton D5
Hillsboro D3
McClain D4
Miami Trace D3
Washington C.H. D4
Wilmington D3

SouthEastern Ohio Athletic Conference
Gallia Academy D4
Jackson D3
Logan D2
Warren D2

Southern Hills Athletic Conference
Fayetteville-Perry (OVAL in Football; joining SBAAC in 2017, Football only) D7
Manchester (OVAL in Football) D7
North Adams (Club Football, would be D6)
West Union (Club Football, would be D6)

Southern Ohio Conference
Division 1:
East D7
Eastern-Pike D7
Green D7
Northwest D5
Notre Dame D7
Oak Hill D5
Symmes Valley D7
Division 2:
Minford D5
Valley D6
Waverly D4
West D5
Wheelersburg D5

Scioto Valley Conference
Adena D6
Huntington D6
Paint Valley D6
Piketon D5
Southeastern D6
Unioto D4
Westfall D5
Zane Trace D5

Tri-Valley Conference
Hocking Division:
Belpre D7
Eastern-Meigs D7
Federal Hocking D7
Miller D7
South Gallia D7
Southern D7
Trimble D7
Wahama (WV) D7/A
Waterford D7
Ohio Division:
Alexander D5
Athens D3
Meigs D4
Nelsonville-York D6
River Valley D5
Vinton County D3
Wellston D5

Others
Crooksville (MVL) D6
Fort Frye (PVC) D6
Marietta (ECOL) D3

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Abe Froman wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
LetsGoPSU wrote:You need to be looking threw rose colored glasses to believe the SEOAL isnt on shaky ground

I think so as well.
What is shaky about Logan and Jackson and Warren YTB? Where are they going?
I don't know abe but I know they're trying to find homes all over.nobody in these parts big enough to be partnered up with them. you have to realize we just ain't talking football, but every sport. not to mention getting home at 1:30 in the morning after a game. especially on school nights.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Abe Froman wrote:Someone has been in the Christmas liquor.
I was gonna say somebody slipped some spirits into the egg nog.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Roadhog wrote:Combine Ironton and Rockhill ,call it Ironrock HS home of the Red Tigers!!!
this cat has been in the same egg nog, ain't ya hoggie.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MAYBE THE POST OF THE MONTH.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

The key factor in any team being admitted to a league is, "is it good for the league overall?" It would sure be nice to accommodate any team seeking league membership, but that is understandably the deciding factor.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Putting all jokes aside for a moment, I moved to Jackson a few years ago and since I've been here they have been one of the dominant teams in football only,and as I see it if they didn't have football,it would not be a problem to get in a conference,so someone tell me why don't they want them in there conferences!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

one Oak wrote:The key factor in any team being admitted to a league is, "is it good for the league overall?" It would sure be nice to accommodate any team seeking league membership, but that is understandably the deciding factor.
right on oak.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hog I think the problem lays in the biggest problem is Jackson, logan, and Athens are so much huger than our school districts in these parts. it's just litteraly just the incredible size difference does not lend much competition wise.especially in all sports.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there is an incredible size difference. and yet you have teams like ironton and wheelersburg that continued to play these teams in football in spite of the size differential with great success for decades. with the rural schools continuing to shrink. I think there are seven high schools in Lawrence county. it has just caught up with at least ironton. wheelersburg has become more competitive with some bigger programs. but all this generally runs in cycles. it will catch up to them as well in the future. but at least these programs continued to play them in spite of the size differential.-----------low numbers equates to poor depth in a team. where much larger schools have more depth, and a much larger talent pool to choose from.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there in lies the problem for logan, Athens and Jackson. Athens is in the tvc but still incredibly bigger than any other member in the league.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I understand that,but shouldn't that hold true to all sports not just football.Look at bucketball ,let's face it Jackson is not to good at it but all the teams will play them because of a win.It should be the same in all sports!!

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I guarantee they will not get in the TVC

Return to “Football”