Logan Football

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: Logan Football

Post by Jim Ryan »

Orange and Brown wrote:We have a poster with multiple accounts.
These fake accounts are getting old as well.
I've heard about those fake accounts. Heard some guy named O&B has one. Of course it's a fake account so it doesn't work. :lol:

palodin
Waterboy

Post by palodin »

Paladin wrote:Saw Logan beat Gallia. How did they look ?
I thought they looked slow on film but that is what I think everytime I watch anyone from southeastern ohio.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

palodin wrote:
I thought they looked slow on film but that is what I think everytime I watch anyone from southeastern ohio.
One thing for sure. Come Monday it will be basketball season at both Logan and Gallia.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When everything is up to speed they will be gone. {Rules}

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

noreply66 wrote:
When everything is up to speed they will be gone. {Rules}
I sure hope so cause those hoodlums are a threat to world order. If we can get rid of them we can go back to reading about how weak the TVC is, how tough the SEOAL is, and last but not least the pee pee contest between Paladin vs Dandy don/Ground Chuck. Cause that stuff is important. :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2016 Schedule

VS Dublin Jerome
AT Teays Valley
AT Meigs
AT Cambridge
VS Nelsonville-York
VS Athens
AT Jackson
VS St. Francis DeSales (Columbus)
VS Hamilton Ross
AT Warren

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

loganlocos wrote:2016 Schedule

VS Dublin Jerome
AT Teays Valley
AT Meigs
AT Cambridge
VS Nelsonville-York
VS Athens
AT Jackson
VS Hamilton Ross
AT Warren
With what the Chiefs lose I look for maybe a 5-5 or 6-4 season

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

5/5 at the best

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

5-5 6-4 sounds about right. most of the line will be gone to graduation.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan played a lot of linemen this year which will help next year. What worries me is the backfield. Minor? look like he could be good if he can get better hitting holes. He looks to have speed. Not much playing time came from the back up QBs.
I have heard some talk about Cummins..what do people think of his chances to be the QB starting sometime next year.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

noreply66 wrote:5/5 at the best
I believe you are underestimating the current state of your program, coming from someone on the outside looking in.

Your junior high and freshman teams were not very good last year. In fact the 7th/8th were downright bad. So imagine the surprise this year when we played and the entire, and I mean entire mentality of the kids and teams were different. My assumption is that Burke is "trickling" down his philosophies and expectations and the staff are buy in 100% and the kids (Logan always has athletes) thereby have bought in. I am not sure who your 8th grade coach was lol, but he was intense and the kids definitely wanted to play hard. We won by 30+ last year and this year we won by 2 as I recall with Logan on our 5 yard line ready to score when the game ended. Totally different team.

Before I get blown up with that is middle school not high school, my point her is fellas that there is new life and new energy in Logan. If it trickled down to 7th/8th grade levels it sure as he!! didn't skip over the frosh-sophomores-juniors.

7-3 is the pick.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Logan played a lot of linemen this year which will help next year. What worries me is the backfield. Minor? look like he could be good if he can get better hitting holes. He looks to have speed. Not much playing time came from the back up QBs.
I have heard some talk about Cummins..what do people think of his chances to be the QB starting sometime next year.
I seen Cummins play this year. He's a smart (QB) player, has some moves, some speed and can throw the ball. I'm like doubleplay, hard to go on watching these younger kids because they all mature differently by the time they reach varsity, but Logan has some goodies coming up the ladder. That's easy to see.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I see a possible 7-3 with that schedule. I predicted at least 7-3 for this year and said 8-2 might be doable. Guess what ?

Have gun, will travel
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

loganlocos wrote:2016 Schedule

VS Dublin Jerome
AT Teays Valley
AT Meigs
AT Cambridge
VS Nelsonville-York
VS Athens
AT Jackson
VS Hamilton Ross
AT Warren
Very solid schedule.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:5/5 at the best
I believe you are underestimating the current state of your program, coming from someone on the outside looking in.

Your junior high and freshman teams were not very good last year. In fact the 7th/8th were downright bad. So imagine the surprise this year when we played and the entire, and I mean entire mentality of the kids and teams were different. My assumption is that Burke is "trickling" down his philosophies and expectations and the staff are buy in 100% and the kids (Logan always has athletes) thereby have bought in. I am not sure who your 8th grade coach was lol, but he was intense and the kids definitely wanted to play hard. We won by 30+ last year and this year we won by 2 as I recall with Logan on our 5 yard line ready to score when the game ended. Totally different team.

Before I get blown up with that is middle school not high school, my point her is fellas that there is new life and new energy in Logan. If it trickled down to 7th/8th grade levels it sure as he!! didn't skip over the frosh-sophomores-juniors.

7-3 is the pick.
doubleplay -

I don't get to see the JR High or even freshman teams, so this is good to hear. Logan's "Program" is getting back on the right track. Kids are hitting hard and wanting to compete, which is great.

A lot of the Jr. High coaches are former players in the program (I know Coach Pack and Coach Jon Huntsberger coach 8th grade I think). Those guys know what the expectations for the program have been in the past, and if they can get that expectation back it will only benefit the program.

8th grade just finished a 4-2-1 season - losses to Jackson and Zanesville I'm pretty sure.

Logan has some work to do to find ball carriers (and linebackers) and a QB. Receivers should be a solid group. Not sure what happened to all the RB/LB's over the past 2 years, but I can list 6-7 kids who were on the roster that aren't anymore.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

The 8th grade this year Loco went 6-2-1. They had an extra game with Groveport Madison.

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

7-3. Locks will work hard

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

let me guess.......slow on film?

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!

Return to “Football”