Off-Season Coaching Changes

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Off-Season Coaching Changes

Post by petesweaty »

I think Brent Daniels did a good job at Minford. How many years was he the head coach? What did his record end up? Also, how many playoffs?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I would love to see someone from within take over, but I think the options are thin when you get past Matiz since he isnt interested.

Hey Josh- if we get a petition with 25 signatures on it, will it change your mind??? ;)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LHS 72 wrote:I still say Nathan White will be the next head coach at Nelsonville-York
He's the next Athens coach. Why would he coach a D6 school over a D3 school

Also NY people like three yards and a cloud of dust. He runs a spread. I heard Hinton will be the next NY coach

Sparty
Waterboy

Post by Sparty »

Raider6309 wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:I still say Nathan White will be the next head coach at Nelsonville-York
I heard Hinton will be the next NY coach

Why Hinton?

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

GotoHellSEOPS wrote:His site is filled with geniuses who have all the answers about how a program should be run

Why don't ou guys apply? Then we would have multiple state champs in every sport
I hear paladin may apply but he wants to see film to see how fast they look

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Raider6309 wrote:
He's the next Athens coach. Why would he coach a D6 school over a D3 school

Also NY people like three yards and a cloud of dust. He runs a spread. I heard Hinton will be the next NY coach
Hinton comes from an outstanding coaching family!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

But that's just a rumor I heard. No one really knows

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I heard Kelly will take the NY job since Philly fired him.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

heard he bought bus tickets to NY last night

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Bleeding Red wrote:I would love to see someone from within take over, but I think the options are thin when you get past Matiz since he isnt interested.

Hey Josh- if we get a petition with 25 signatures on it, will it change your mind??? ;)
Ruby will most likely be the one within to apply.........

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

falcon1 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I would love to see someone from within take over, but I think the options are thin when you get past Matiz since he isnt interested.

Ruby will most likely be the one within to apply.........
Isn't he the one that kept lobbying for the spread offense?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote:heard he bought bus tickets to NY last night
GO Bus just dropped him off at Hocking. They sent a pickup truck to take him to his interview.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

Whoever implemented the spread . Need to sit down and take a good look at the past year .. Probable the worst offensive production in history of Minford Football .Just shock me going from WingT to complete spread . The kids and community deserve this job be open to all interested .. Good luck Falcons

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Falcon 89 wrote:Whoever implemented the spread . Need to sit down and take a good look at the past year .. Probable the worst offensive production in history of Minford Football .Just shock me going from WingT to complete spread . The kids and community deserve this job be open to all interested .. Good luck Falcons

I agree 100%.

It was an experiment that backfired not just last season, but the season before as well. Whoever succeeds Daniels will have big shoes to fill. Hopefully the selection process is open to all possibilities and not just the in house people.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Falcon 89 wrote:Whoever implemented the spread . Need to sit down and take a good look at the past year .. Probable the worst offensive production in history of Minford Football .Just shock me going from WingT to complete spread . The kids and community deserve this job be open to all interested .. Good luck Falcons

I agree 100%.

It was an experiment that backfired not just last season, but the season before as well. Whoever succeeds Daniels will have big shoes to fill. Hopefully the selection process is open to all possibilities and not just the in house people.
it sure has been kept quiet......nothing posted on here about Minford looking for a Head Coach ! :oops:

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I hope the new coach dumps the wing-T in the toilet! that needs put on the shelf with the wish bone and the veer. You can't be successful in playoffs as well as the conference schedule with out being 50-50 balance now. I believe it was showed time and time again in the play-offs, 5 trips and 1 win. The spread option or some version of it is what needs brought in and don't say we never had the players to run it, we had numerous players with speed that were never used in the right way. 3 yards and a cloud of dust went out with Woody. Minfords offense was so predictable fans could call the plays before the ball was snapped. I even heard from some Minford players who said the teams we played against would call out our plays before we ran them. Time for a change!

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

marshallman wrote:I hope the new coach dumps the wing-T in the toilet! that needs put on the shelf with the wish bone and the veer. You can't be successful in playoffs as well as the conference schedule with out being 50-50 balance now. I believe it was showed time and time again in the play-offs, 5 trips and 1 win. The spread option or some version of it is what needs brought in and don't say we never had the players to run it, we had numerous players with speed that were never used in the right way. 3 yards and a cloud of dust went out with Woody. Minfords offense was so predictable fans could call the plays before the ball was snapped. I even heard from some Minford players who said the teams we played against would call out our plays before we ran them. Time for a change!
Bishop Hartley just won a state title with the wing-t.....they ran it right down Stubenville's throat the whole game....Football is still more about blocking schemes and EXECUTION no matter the system/style

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

There is nothing wrong with the wing-t offense as such, so long as a team has the athletes to run that style. Where most programs run into trouble is with the wing backs or linemen not having the size necessary to pull off some of the blocking schemes, power for example. I have not seen the teams being discussed here, but have experience of moving an offense from a wing-t to a more spread style. The initial problems lay in the fact that those backs have not necessarily been trained, or taught, to be receivers, so the transition can be a little rough at first.

Monroe Central is a good example of a team that was a traditional wing-t style, but now is more of a spread offense. Circosta has been very good at adapting to the talent pool available to him in a smaller school.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

What is the word on the Warren Head football coaching job?

dodgecity15
Waterboy

Post by dodgecity15 »

Westfall is open

Return to “Football”