Wheelersburg 35 Valley 13

piratepride86
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 35 Valley 13

Post by piratepride86 »

Pirates on fire Good luck to Valley the rest of the way.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Coop,Pmow3 you guys know I am not a chest thumper..but I was told before the season from a coach this was the best defense scene he had been there And we all know what wins championships .Oh! and I also plan on being in the Shoe rooting on the Indians in the DVI title game

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Didn't someone on the old board take Valley with a 17 point spot? Looks like they didn't cover that bet. Seems a little too convenient for someones wallet this site crashed...

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Pirates are definitely for real. The rest of the SOC2 better step it up or they may go on another championship run like they did in the 90s. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. There's one thing about the Valley fans they win and lose with class.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Tribal Force wrote:Burg is a very good team. I was extremely impressed by their defense. Their defense is for real. Valley didn't have any luck at all. Seems everything went against them and They looked hung over, maybe from the bye week. They could not get in sync offensively at all and way too many mistakes. Not being aggressive enough on onside kicks hurt. Burg was just more aggressive and wanted it more. I love coach Crabtree but I think Valleys coaching staff was just out coached last night. Grads on the win Burg. Wishing my Indians Good luck and they will pull it together and bounce back.

I appreciate any and all comments. I think there is a small level of truth in all thoughts. But I just want to throw out another thought on some of Valley's troubles Friday night.
(Taking absolutely nothing away from wheelersburg's very good team)
You have to have commitment from everyone on the team in Valley to compete in that game. Top to bottom.
The coaches can't physically put players in film study. It is on the players to be as prepared as the coaching staff for that game. They all need to see as much film and practice for it at a top level to stay with good teams.
So. Unless that happens from here on out, I worry there will be an earlier exit in the playoffs for this team than I had hoped.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

And yes... I am saying there were some who didn't go to see film that week or take it as seriously as they should have.
And the reason I bring it up is to make a point that there is always more to a story than the simple plays on the field everyone sees.
Football takes commitment on so many levels.
90% of it being preparation and technique.
Last edited by pmow3 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Great game by Burg Friday night. Valley will rebound and go back to work today in preparation of Minford on Friday. Best of luck to both teams as you continue what is hoped to be a long playoff run.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

pmow3 wrote:And yes... I am saying there were some who didn't go to see film that week or take it as seriously as they should have.
And the reason I bring it up is to make a point that there is always more to a story than the simple plays on the field everyone sees.
Football takes commitment on so many levels.
90% of it being preparation and technique.
I noticed something on valley's game highlight. Two kids did not participate in the huddle when they ran out to the field. They just walked over to the bench. I know it's minor but for some reason it didn't sit well with me.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

im hearing that I may have been wrong (to some degree) by my statement that kids missed film.
If I was told wrong, I apologize.
But I do know that the team needs to take things with more seriousness and ramp up their attention to detail if they expect to keep this season special.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

pmow3 wrote:
Tribal Force wrote:Burg is a very good team. I was extremely impressed by their defense. Their defense is for real. Valley didn't have any luck at all. Seems everything went against them and They looked hung over, maybe from the bye week. They could not get in sync offensively at all and way too many mistakes. Not being aggressive enough on onside kicks hurt. Burg was just more aggressive and wanted it more. I love coach Crabtree but I think Valleys coaching staff was just out coached last night. Grads on the win Burg. Wishing my Indians Good luck and they will pull it together and bounce back.

I appreciate any and all comments. I think there is a small level of truth in all thoughts. But I just want to throw out another thought on some of Valley's troubles Friday night.
(Taking absolutely nothing away from wheelersburg's very good team)
You have to have commitment from everyone on the team in Valley to compete in that game. Top to bottom.
The coaches can't physically put players in film study. It is on the players to be as prepared as the coaching staff for that game. They all need to see as much film and practice for it at a top level to stay with good teams.
So. Unless that happens from here on out, I worry there will be an earlier exit in the playoffs for this team than I had hoped.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

I believe Valley's coaches had their Team Ready for this game.. Had 2 weeks to prepare.. I believe The Burg was just that much better than this Valley Team on the Front Line...Valley will bounce back this week and into the playoffs like last year.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I don't doubt one bit that Wheelersburg is better.
I'm not saying that. Never said that at all....This is more of a reflection for what I hope to see out of Valley going forward.
And I'm only bringing it up in hopes that they get serious the rest of the way.
You can be as talented as you wanna be, but it takes the mental game to become great. Period.

On a side note, the game was exciting and the crowd was great!! It was great to see old friends.
I'm done talking about the game now. :)

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Valley has a great program. We are seeing one of the best Burg teams ever.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

pmow3 wrote:I don't doubt one bit that Wheelersburg is better.
I'm not saying that. Never said that at all....This is more of a reflection for what I hope to see out of Valley going forward.
And I'm only bringing it up in hopes that they get serious the rest of the way.
You can be as talented as you wanna be, but it takes the mental game to become great. Period.

On a side note, the game was exciting and the crowd was great!! It was great to see old friends.
I'm done talking about the game now. :)

I agree with it takes the Mental game to become great..

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game Pirates. Defense rose to the occasion and kept Valley QB running all night.

Good luck to both teams tonight and in the playoffs. Look for long playoff runs out of both teams this year.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Where is ' crabs brother' he is yet to congratulate Burg on the victory?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

callie15 wrote:Where is ' crabs brother' he is yet to congratulate Burg on the victory?
he hasn't joined yet..

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Why does one "have" to do that.? I mean really? Just curious. But yes, he is not back on here yet in case there is some contractual agreement I'm not aware of. :D

Just kidding man. I can promise you Valley is impressed by Wheelersburg and wishes them luck the rest of the way.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

pmow3 wrote:Why does one "have" to do that.? I mean really? Just curious. But yes, he is not back on here yet in case there is some contractual agreement I'm not aware of. :D

Just kidding man. I can promise you Valley is impressed by Wheelersburg and wishes them luck the rest of the way.
I just want to say how impressed I am with the Indians for the way they have propped up the SOC2! I sure didn't expect it but it made the league a lot better! I'm not gonna speculate on whats been said on this thread. Just want to be positive and say I believe it was a great choice to move Valley to the 2, and they have proved their might. As for last Fridays game, it is what it is. Valley showed tonight there are no reasons to doubt this team. Burg outplayed them for sure but Valley can regroup and did. Good luck in the playoffs Indians!!! Lets see how far we can go!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg is great.
Valley is really good.

Simple as that.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

That may be true Coop.

But Crabs Brother didn't say so.... So it's not good enough....

Way to go Crabs...
What a disgrace. How dare you not get on here and admit that Wheelersburg beat Valley and Valley couldn't beat Wheelersburg this year....
How the hell can you ever raise your head above the sand? I am appalled. I mean, you got on here before the game with the belief that your team was good enough and would be right there in this game. I just can't believe you would do that. And then, after the crash, Not rush right back on here just to please these faithful that demand you own up to this giant miscue!!! You should be hunted down. You should have to walk to Wheelersburg (Some fans are into that for some reason) and You, my friend should have to apologize directly to whoever it is that is so upset that you haven't rushed your a$$ back on here and said to the Wheelersburg faithful that you are so sorry... They will not sleep until Everyone on here says it.... Jolly P will not sleep. (Not sure he actually does) D-5 will quit putting up 8-7 predictions..! MAD-DOGG will not put up the Wheelersburg fight song!!!!! Burg Grad 53, 62,64,65,79,81,83,85,92,94,97,99,00,02,03,04,06,07,09,10,12,13,14,17,20,24,25,28,and 29 and 30 Will not post again until you've righted your wrong... Eddie will change his name to Edward. Yabbadabbadoo will buy a gas peddle and brakes for his car instead of using his FEET..!!!!! I'm telling you!! Wheelersburg will not be the same!!! Ed Miller Stadium will start selling beer!!! (Wait, That would be amazing!!!) But you get my point !!! This is very serious and very important to these guys!!!
Last edited by pmow3 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”