Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC? SEOAL?

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Re: Point Pleasant (WV) to the TVC or OVC? SEOAL?

Post by Bigboy97 »

fortdawg wrote:Could the PVC actually be considering adding 3 Div. III teams to a league made up of 3 Div. VII's and 2 Div. VI's or is this just Seops musing?

If you are Shenandoah or Frontier why would you vote for this?
If you think about it they will play the same small teams from the pvc already then add 2-3 of these other teams. Beat two of them and you have a really good shot at playoffs because of points. As long as the small schools look at it as we will really be challenged now so we have to work alot harder it could make it better for them.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Most of the teams in div.6 and 7 that make a run the playoffs have a couple d3 d4 teams on the schedule so it could help them in the long run

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I hope it all works out for Jackson, Logan and Warren. Sounds like Logan and Warren *might* have a conference to go to in the near future, although they would not be the same conference. Hopefully Jackson can find a landing spot if things work out for Logan and Warren.

Those three teams seemed to have followed the SEOAL path to the end of the road and now the road is branching into three different directions and each team will take a new path.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Thanos wrote:So with all this talk, where would Logan possibly go? The licking County league? I thought they was voted down last year around this time?

It looks like the MVL will have an opening if Morgan leaves.

The MVL has 9 teams currently. Morgan is the longest trip for about half the league. No one would kick Morgan out, but dropping to 8 teams would be great for the MVL. Also, if the PVC occurs as mentioned in the PVC 2016 thread, Coshocton and River View are hunting for leagues and Morgan leaving would make them more interested in the MVL (even if the MVL was possibly not interested in them).

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Yeah, I have to agree with Teach1Coach2, the MVL losing Morgan to the PVC wouldn't be the worst thing for the MVL as it would probably benefit all parties (Morgan, MVL, PVC), and Coshocton and River View could try their luck with the MVL again, and the MVL could choose to expand to 10 teams and do 2 geographical divisions or remain at 8 teams.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

This was posted on the MVL Forum by "the researcher"

"I talked with Morgan AD tonight after girls game (1/11/16). Morgan was invited to join the other schools mentioned in the PVC, but they are happy in the MVL and are staying in the MVL."

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

So some people in the SEOP Boys Basketball Warren and Marietta to the PVC forum think Meadowbrook won't join, and now news Morgan isn't joining. Coshocton and River View I think is a little too far to join, in my opinion, and Cambridge, Marietta, and Warren won't get invited unless there's 2 divisions for the PVC.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

loganlocos wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:So where is Logan going to? Their posters dont seem to know any information
Sometimes we know more than we post.
Lol, yes loganlocos being all 007 about this. Pretty clear he knows more than he is posting, but if and when he decides to let the cat out of the bag it will be an accurate and informative post.

He knows more than he is posting which of course is unusual lol considering most post more than they know, including sometimes me lol.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Must be big news if they're hiding it from us lol :P

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Must be big news if they're hiding it from us lol :P
I hope the Seoal sticks together as it is still a tough league

But Jackson will be alone soon

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

The SEOAL should stick together to represent the big schools of southeastern Ohio. Athens, Jackson, Logan, Marietta, Warren, and I would be alright with Point Pleasant taking Gallia's spot.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

That ship has sailed bro

Yes the would make sense but the way it is the tvc Ohio is a mixed bag is D3, D4, D5, and maybe even D6 schools
The old seoal Aka the big school league for our area is dead, soon the Ironmen will be the last man standing

Very sad indeed

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Still don't see Logan to the LCL, the PVC expansion proposal might be falling apart, and as far as I know (which isn't much), I think the MSL stillis looking at Logan like the SCOL is with Jackson. There's still a glimpse of hope for the league, but that's only if no one is picked up in this latest round of the fun realignment I call: Southeastern Ohio Musical Chairs lol but at this point, all we can do is wait and see what unfolds. I honestly think no league is currently safe right now from realignment.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

SCOL is not looking at Jackson, Fayetteville or Blanchester (IMO). SCOL best bet lies with teams like Circleville, Logan Elm, Unioto, Westfall, Adena, Madison Plains, London, Greenview, Southeastern, TV, Xenia.. I-71 and US 35 run right thru SCOL country

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

I still see the remaining SEOAL teams as being pretty much stuck. They are too far to travel to for other schools of similar size. This PVC big school expansion talk seems to be much ado about nothing, and I'll believe Logan in the Licking County League when I see it. I've said it before and I will say it again, there needs to be a viable league for the bigger schools in southeastern Ohio to play in. The remaining SEOAL schools need to be actively trying to recruit former members Marietta and Point Pleasant who both seem to be looking for a new home. I think a 5 team league of Logan, Jackson, Warren, Marietta, and Point Pleasant can work.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vegeta wrote:I still see the remaining SEOAL teams as being pretty much stuck. They are too far to travel to for other schools of similar size. This PVC big school expansion talk seems to be much ado about nothing, and I'll believe Logan in the Licking County League when I see it. I've said it before and I will say it again, there needs to be a viable league for the bigger schools in southeastern Ohio to play in. The remaining SEOAL schools need to be actively trying to recruit former members Marietta and Point Pleasant who both seem to be looking for a new home. I think a 5 team league of Logan, Jackson, Warren, Marietta, and Point Pleasant can work.
If fine with 3 teams for now . D3 size schools will need a league one day

But I look for 2 of the 3 to be gone soon

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Vegeta wrote:I still see the remaining SEOAL teams as being pretty much stuck. They are too far to travel to for other schools of similar size. This PVC big school expansion talk seems to be much ado about nothing, and I'll believe Logan in the Licking County League when I see it. I've said it before and I will say it again, there needs to be a viable league for the bigger schools in southeastern Ohio to play in. The remaining SEOAL schools need to be actively trying to recruit former members Marietta and Point Pleasant who both seem to be looking for a new home. I think a 5 team league of Logan, Jackson, Warren, Marietta, and Point Pleasant can work.
Don't forget about Athens, they'd be the center core of the league if they'd come back too for a decent 6 team league. Of course convincing them to join would be much easier said than done.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

For the SEOAL to survive the deal with Warren/Marietta to the PVC and Logan to the LCL will need to collapse and Marietta and Point will need to have some epiphany to join the SEOAL ranks.

If Marietta and Point made an overture soon to the SEOAL that they would consider this it may cause Logan and Warren some pause to cancel their current plans but maybe not.

With respect to Athens leaving, that isn't going to happen on their own accord, there would need to be mutiny within the current TVC to want their departure or at least enough pressure to add teams and get them into a "big" division. I think it is pretty clear there is no current interest in a third division at the present time.

It appears more likely than not at this point Jackson is on their own. I think the Logan deal from what I gather has some momentum and may happen.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

What is this Logan deal that I keep reading about?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Hope it works out for Logan
Great school with great tradition

Return to “Football”