when will we know the dates and times of the playoff games? I know some games are played on saturdays

8332 Granite St
JV Team

when will we know the dates and times of the playoff games? I know some games are played on saturdays

Post by 8332 Granite St »

when will we know the dates and times of the playoff games? I know some games are played on saturdays or is that after rd 1. Just curious

theburgtheword
Varsity

Re: when will we know the dates and times of the playoff games? I know some games are played on saturdays

Post by theburgtheword »

Friday games are 7:30
Saturday games are 7pm

Pol pot
SE

Re: when will we know the dates and times of the playoff games? I know some games are played on saturdays

Post by Pol pot »

DII, III, V, VII - Friday at 7:30

DI, DIV, DVI - Saturday at 7:00

SportFan2013
Waterboy

Post by SportFan2013 »

Pol pot wrote:DII, III, V, VII - Friday at 7:30

Can the two competing schools agree to change playing times or something though, due to travel times or other problems?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what he said

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

SportFan2013 wrote:

Can the two competing schools agree to change playing times or something though, due to travel times or other problems?
I've never heard of playoff games being changed to another date or time. Since OHSAA is heavily involved now, I would say those times are set in stone no matter what the schools would like to do

SportFan2013
Waterboy

Post by SportFan2013 »

tubby wrote:
SportFan2013 wrote:

I've never heard of playoff games being changed to another date or time. Since OHSAA is heavily involved now, I would say those times are set in stone no matter what the schools would like to do

That really sucks. This may mean Rock Hill is out of the playoffs... There have been times where they have actually cancelled field trips that fall on weekdays because they don't have enough buses & drivers to run the regular routes. I'd hate to see this happen since it will be on a Friday.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

SportFan2013 wrote:
tubby wrote:
SportFan2013 wrote:

That really sucks. This may mean Rock Hill is out of the playoffs... There have been times where they have actually cancelled field trips that fall on weekdays because they don't have enough buses & drivers to run the regular routes. I'd hate to see this happen since it will be on a Friday.
What are you talking about? ???????

You can't handle the truth
SportFan2013
Waterboy

Post by SportFan2013 »

gametime wrote:
SportFan2013 wrote:
tubby wrote:

What are you talking about? ???????
You can't play the game if you can't show up. I'm worried Rock Hill will not have enough buses available on that Friday so that they can make it to the game.

Blaze12
Waterboy

Post by Blaze12 »

Two words. Charter bus. Albany isn't that far. Wouldn't be terribly expensive.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Trying to start something, that's unbelievable :roll: :roll:

SportFan2013
Waterboy

Post by SportFan2013 »

gametime wrote:Trying to start something, that's unbelievable :roll: :roll:
Not trying to start anything. I'm dead serious. Rock Hill has had busing problems in the past.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

SportFan2013 wrote:
Not trying to start anything. I'm dead serious. Rock Hill has had busing problems in the past.
:roll: :roll:

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

SportFan2013 wrote:
They've made it to every game this season. And every game that I can think of in past seasons.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

www.ohasa.org

They generally have this information on hand...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

SportFan2013 wrote:
I will bet my paycheck that they will make the trip lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

They can use the play off money to charter a bus.Lot of people don't know that each school gets around 40 dollars per player from Ohsaa for just making the play offs.It comes from the gate money because ohsaa gets most of it not the schools.Trimble uses their money to buy the boys state jackets.If you make to the finals you have to buy your own runner up and championship ring,I think that's wrong,ohsaa makes a ton of money from these play off's.

:roll: cats :roll:
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

ttomcat 80 wrote:They can use the play off money to charter a bus.Lot of people don't know that each school gets around 40 dollars per player from Ohsaa for just making the play offs.It comes from the gate money because ohsaa gets most of it not the schools.Trimble uses their money to buy the boys state jackets.If you make to the finals you have to buy your own runner up and championship ring,I think that's wrong,ohsaa makes a ton of money from these play off's.

Rings and gifts are responsibility of the schools at every level. OSU won the National Title they have to purchase the rings themselves, whoever wins this year has to buy their own. That is not the OHSAA being cheap, that's just how things are done, you also have to realize there are financial limits on dollar amounts for gifts. Schools get a percentage of all per-sale tickets, $4 a mile for team, $15 per player stipend for food, $200 incidentals just for the team, then mileage and food for cheerleaders, and mileage for the band, that adds up. Those are last years figures, they haven't went down I'm sure.
Last edited by Pol pot on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Rock Hill don't have bus issue, someone is starting stuff on here trying to knock the hill down or something. Rock Hill will be there and ready, riding in a big yellow Bus

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gametime wrote:Rock Hill don't have bus issue, someone is starting stuff on here trying to knock the hill down or something. Rock Hill will be there and ready, riding in a big yellow Bus
A magic school bus!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”