IRONTON FOOTBALL 2016. WHATCHA THINK

PTrojan59
S

Re: IRONTON FOOTBALL 2016. WHATCHA THINK

Post by PTrojan59 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:WHAT IS THE BURG/PORTSMOUTH SERIES TOTAL. I KNOW THE BURG HAS BEEN WINNING MOST OF THEM LATELY. BUT I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW LONG THE 2 HAVE PLAYED.
24-11 Burg I believe

Who Dey!
cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

burg vs ironton game will be running clock huge burg win

tiger overall record looking like anywhere from 1-9 to 3-7

rock hill will dominate ovc in 2016

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the schedule should look like
1-wheelersburg
2-russell, ky
3-ashland, ky
4-coal grove
5-fairland
6-south point
7-gallipolis
8-rock hill
9-portsmouth.
10-chesapeake.

but I have no idea what order yet.=============.
only see 2 wins on that schedule for sure (fairland, south point)

5 losses for sure and 3 games I am not sure of

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow I sure hope you're wrong.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

The one thing I am happy about is st joes return to the gridiron. Even hear they may put our logo in one of the end zones to welcome us back to the tank.

Wanna B. Aamod
Waterboy

Post by Wanna B. Aamod »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:if things keep going like they are in ironton. I know you will.
Troll alert!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

somebodies trying to be a wise ---. putting part of a quote. but it's that time a year

the crap stirrers will be out. this quote was part of my reply when I was discussing with another poster about the ironton/burg series.he was saying that burg would even up the series quickly winning 2 times a year over ironton.

and what wanna be posted was part of my reply about if things didn't change win wise in ironton. I know they would close the gap. nothing derogatory there. just a fact.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigBlueNation wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Bait, what is the overall record now? Do you have it handy?

I think for the next 5-years Burg is loaded, and when will be able to close the gap.
Since Burg has been beating Ironton twice a year the gap is closing really fast. Sorry Bait! Just couldn't help myself. :lol:
that was my reply to this post.nothing more , nothing less.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Gonna take some time. If the tigers are to return to a prominent SEO contender, it will take some time. Right now burg has that mojo, ebbs & tides. The kids need a motivational leader that can coach & lay down some discipline. I talked to my aunt & her son says their is little interest.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's sad if that is in fact the case. if so, some young'uns need a ''checkup from the neckup''

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

does ironton have the 3 out of conference games locked up under contract for sure.
Ashland, ky
Russell, ky
wheelersburg

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Leadership.

Renewed interest at all levels throughout the program.

Realistic short-term goals (every kid gets better every day, compete in every game, win the OVC)

Buy-in for long-term goals (hands-down favorite in every game, feared amongst your rivals, OVC champion year in and out, playoff contender)

Results: Play-off wins and the repetition of success and a winning program.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Very well said dandy

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I can dig that again dandy myself.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton goes 8-2 or 9-1 wins OVC and gets knocked out of 1st round of playoffs. Burg could be a loss. Ashland and Russell have graduated a ton. Then in the OVC the only team I see that can compete with the Tigers are the Hornets.
Now saying that Ironton does need to change a few things around. Game plans need to be better as well as conditions and weightlifting. It that happens we can get back to the ground and pound like we know how to do. I will say this some sophomores will have to step up and become the backbone of this team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd like to see that as well cannon

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tigercannon71 wrote:Ironton goes 8-2 or 9-1 wins OVC and gets knocked out of 1st round of playoffs. Burg could be a loss. Ashland and Russell have graduated a ton. Then in the OVC the only team I see that can compete with the Tigers are the Hornets.
Now saying that Ironton does need to change a few things around. Game plans need to be better as well as conditions and weightlifting. It that happens we can get back to the ground and pound like we know how to do. I will say this some sophomores will have to step up and become the backbone of this team.
Can't see 8-2 or 9-1 if your relying on sophomores to be the backbone of the team.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Least amount they lose is 3 games. These predictions of 2-8 and 3-7 are way off.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The coach at ironton is around a 500 record. He loses his best two runners. It's going to be a down year.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

If the offense and weightlifting programs quickly get turned around, which currently is still not any better than last year, the athletes will be there to make this team possibly one to enjoy watching. As stated earlier though, if things aren't turned around real soon Ironton will be working on 2017.

Return to “Football”