Nelsonville York Short List

NotBlizzardMan
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville York Short List

Post by NotBlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote:The school board is doing the right thing and keeping a lid on the search and application process.

Has there been any mention of at least date for a new coach to be named lately?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NotBlizzardMan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:The school board is doing the right thing and keeping a lid on the search and application process.

Has there been any mention of at least date for a new coach to be named lately?
I haven't heard a peep.
The weight room is open and active so off season workouts are going fine. They are taking thier time and keeping quiet about it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

This will be an interesting hire. Big shoes to fill at a school with a tradition like NY with everything the Boston family has done in Nelsonville. I don't mean to discount Meade nor Boston Jr. but they both have been blessed with great talent and let's keep it real the TVC has not been a good conference. Outside of Athens and Trimble's recent runs (I'm not counting Wahama) what has any TVC school done in the playoffs since the 81-82 NY state title team? I don't think their is a regional championship out there, but my history may not be that accurate. Nelsonville needs a coach who can take everything from strength and conditioning, to off-season preparation to in season practice to a whole new level. What about player development and fundamentals? We can't continue to rely on a great youth program to continue the winning tradition at NY. My knowledge and info are very limited as I have been removed from NY since 2000, but that's my unbiased opinion. My biased opinion would say that NY coaches and players have worked very hard for the successes they have had, but I think at a school like NY they need someone who lives and breathes football, strength and conditioning and more importantly can teach character and is a motivator.
Unless Ed is wanting to come back home to be near his family there really aren't too many people outside of the area that you can get to leave their current job, etc to move to Nelsonville to work. What about a guy like Ben Robey? I mean he knew very little about volleyball and studied it to the point he could teach it great and did wonders to turn around the volleyball program at NY as far as I remember it. I have a hard time bringing a Tomcat in to be the head coach at NY, Meade was an exception as he married into the Buckeye family and one of the greatest Buckeye families I can think of. Unless this tomcat is already on the inside at NY, but like I said what do I know, this is just my opinion.

One of the biggest issues I can see from this whole situation is who quickly people (probably mostly from the outside of NY) have discounted what Boston Sr. and Jr. have done and meant to the community. I'm not trying to discount the work or efforts of any of the previous coaches at NY for their efforts, but I played at NY and unless it greatly changed from when I was there there is another level out there I hope they can get to! Can't wait to see who is hired! As always... Go Bucks!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Since we don't have a lot to talk about since it's hush-hush... Let's do what if's... Do you see Boston Jr. getting back into coaching somewhere else? If so, Where? I don't think he has a teaching degree so he would be limited but his resume is very strong. I couldn't see Mike Chancey coaching anywhere but Meigs and now he is at Southern. Would Boston Jr. take a few years off and coach again too? I know he coached at Alexander before but they are 100% happy with their coach but honestly I can't see a hot shot like him staying around very long... Maybe he goes back to Alex? Waterford and Warren are open right now I believe... thoughts???

Dogpound81
Waterboy

Post by Dogpound81 »

I don't think coach Boston comes back to football. He told me last week he took a job in corrections and will be leaving by March. Don't think hush hush he told me everyone knows.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Some posters on various threads have discounted the players on the NY team as not being very good based on the previous season. However, two seasons ago, the Buckeyes made the playoffs with an almost all-sophomore lineup. Key injuries and the coaching situation contributed to a 1-9 season this past year, but you have to remember that the upcoming 2016 season seniors dominated on the field as freshmen and sophomores. The key players who were injured will be back at full force. Regardless of who the coach is, there will be stability on the coaching staff by the time the season starts. To assume NY will be an automatic win for any team on the schedule would not be wise. Having said that, NY does play a tough nonconference schedule as the Buckeyes always do. NY should be middle of the pack in the TVC standings at worst unless there are a string of injuries again.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

For Buckeye posters are numbers not high enough to field a JV team and a freshman team anymore? How do we get the numbers up and keep them around 60? What were the numbers this year? Is there a way to recruit more kids to play? I can think of a lot of kids who didn't play growing up. Are there more kids walking the halls that would help with depth, etc?

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

55buckeyes98 wrote:For Buckeye posters are numbers not high enough to field a JV team and a freshman team anymore? How do we get the numbers up and keep them around 60? What were the numbers this year? Is there a way to recruit more kids to play? I can think of a lot of kids who didn't play growing up. Are there more kids walking the halls that would help with depth, etc?
Yes NY has a JV team. But last years team had 6-7 seniors and 6-7 freshmen so There have been athletes walking the halls and not playing in the past few years. I think the right coach can get these kids excited about playing NY football again.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

We will see the numbers start to come up in the next couple of years.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

We don't need Boston back. But the new coach needs to bring back the one assistant coach who should have never been let go in the first place. That is what should happen if they want the kids to play.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Tick Tock

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Dogpound81 wrote:I don't think coach Boston comes back to football. He told me last week he took a job in corrections and will be leaving by March. Don't think hush hush he told me everyone knows.
If everyone knows who is this coach then? My comment about being hush hush had nothing to do with Boston. I was bringing up the Boston topic to waste time while we waited for the hire... We are all waiting for them to name a new coach.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Dogpound81 wrote:I don't think coach Boston comes back to football. He told me last week he took a job in corrections and will be leaving by March. Don't think hush hush he told me everyone knows.
If everyone knows who is this coach then? My comment about being hush hush had nothing to do with Boston. I was bringing up the Boston topic to waste time while we waited for the hire... We are all waiting for them to name a new coach.
I won't let the cat ;) out of the bag but you will all be very impressed when you hear who the new guy invited back on the staff. Oh, and you will also like who the new guy is, I think. It will be released soon, so hold onto your hats fellas the Buckeyes are baaaaaaaaackkkkkkk! Especially the defense if I do say so myself!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Ground Buck wrote:We don't need Boston back. But the new coach needs to bring back the one assistant coach who should have never been let go in the first place. That is what should happen if they want the kids to play.
Nelsonville-York does not need anyone from last years staff! New Blood New Era of N-Y football.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Buford T Rutter wrote:Is they gonna hire that one rutter. That boy was plum tough. He could get them bucks aplayin some ball. Heck, they might even beat us week 1 this year.
Just like last year!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

LHS 72 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:We don't need Boston back. But the new coach needs to bring back the one assistant coach who should have never been let go in the first place. That is what should happen if they want the kids to play.
Nelsonville-York does not need anyone from last years staff! New Blood New Era of N-Y football.
That is non sense. They have been very successful under the old staff. There is a lot of N-Y pride and football knowledge inside that program.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

MeyerSpread wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
That is non sense. They have been very successful under the old staff. There is a lot of N-Y pride and football knowledge inside that program.
Part of the problem at Nelsonville-York is that they haven't been able to keep the turnover down on the coaching staff. I would asse the new staff will be a mix of old and new.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The more of a past regime they can hire he better this will turn out

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Rumor on the streets over the weekend is that Boston Jr. will be rehired soon!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

moonshine wrote:Rumor on the streets over the weekend is that Boston Jr. will be rehired soon!
Boston is going back to corrections. I believe he starts back in March.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”