League Rolette....happening all over Ohio

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: League Rolette....happening all over Ohio

Post by Ironman92 »

doubleplay643 wrote:I think varsity football travel presents the least travel issue. Friday nights with the weekend following would seem to be "doable" for the Jackson to CM/Wilmington trip.

So if that is the case then there is all the MS sports and the "weekday" varsity sports (basketball, volleyball, baseball, XC, track softball, etc.). Perhaps when you are considering the scheduling of a Jackson to CM/Wilmington trip for those sports you could simply schedule those for a Friday/Saturday or a doubleheader or round robin at a site in the middle (WCH for example) on a weekend. If there are two trips (use Jackson and CM) that are the worst then maybe the AD's can get outside the box so to speak when it comes to scheduling and move those to a Saturday, or a double header or tri-match at a middle site. There are a lot of different options I think that could happen for that longest travel game.

It will be an interesting vote, and I have no clue how it will turn out, but I am glad the SCOL is considering us again. Confident Jackson would be a member that would be loyal to the league and bring good gates and competition to the schools that are currently members.
In jr high we never played Warren or Marietta until the year end tournament. A jr high schedule could be done with Chilly, WCH, Greenfield, MT and pick up the rest....or even exclude completely.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Without a doubt Jackson would be a good fit for the SCOL as far as size, competition, facilities, fans. They bring a lot to the table. I see some of the travel solutions could be doubleheaders, round robin at another site, weekends, only play half the MS teams, exclude MS completely, so Jackson can join the league?? really, why?? I know Jackson fans are anxious for a league, but look at it from the SCOL point of view. It comes down to one issue, travel. Again, the SCOL has a great set up MS through HS, so why risk taking a step backwards and make current members look elsewhere? Read the initial article, this does nothing to address the original intent of expansion. Better to stay at 8 and see what happens in the near future.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Per SCOL Commissioner Jim Winner, no March 7 vote coming up. "Commissioner Winner said on Monday(2/8/16) there are no votes coming up for the league in the near future." per highland County Press.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They also excluded him from knowing about potential expansion a while back. I believe this is very hush hush on the SCOL end.

I doubt Jackson gets in but more SCOL schools are for it than one would guess.

Return to “Football”