Will Unioto leave the SVC?

Nickel back
Waterboy

Re: Will Unioto leave the SVC?

Post by Nickel back »

I don't see any changes for the Scioto Valley Conference in the near future.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

and some who should know say it is a done deal. What is the real truth?

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

the conversations are happening.

letsgolf
Waterboy

Post by letsgolf »

Rumblings out of Chillicothe is any discussion is very preliminary and nothing is remotely close.

I think this move makes a lot of sense, so that means it will not happen. While there are some schools who would support it, there are still a few "old guard" members who will fight it. If it doesn't happen, I think it makes sense for Unioto to jump. It makes no sense to stay in a conference where all of the other members are much smaller than you. Unioto now has a very good football coach but he has to build a program knowing that no matter how good they are, the odds of making the playoffs are slim due to their conference schedule.

Daryl Dixon
Waterboy

Post by Daryl Dixon »

Daryl Dixon
Waterboy

Post by Daryl Dixon »

Chillicothe gazette article leads us to believe that we won't be seeing a change in the SVC in the next year or so.
The Gazette reporter done a great job of pointing out that Chillicothe has been in 3 different leagues in the past 10 years.

Stability must be taken into consideration when making such a huge decision on the future of your athletic programs.
And then Unioto must look at: a 30 minute drive to its furthest SVC competitor would change significantly to where 40 to 50 mile away trips would be the norm for away league play. Not that big to football but for the teams that play on weekdays it does become a big deal.

Also financial factors need to be taken into consideration, The SVC polls some nice gates. Could the new league promise an increase in those gate revenues to cover the increase in costs?
Would the new league be willing to compensate Unioto for any loss of gate revenue?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Unioto will be / has been approached about joining the other 6 teams for a big svc division. If th do so decline then the other schools will start a brand new conference and seek to add a few teams.

It is Unioto right to decline this offer .
That is what's happening now . Nothing more nothing less

letsgolf
Waterboy

Post by letsgolf »

Daryl Dixon wrote:Chillicothe gazette article leads us to believe that we won't be seeing a change in the SVC in the next year or so.
The Gazette reporter done a great job of pointing out that Chillicothe has been in 3 different leagues in the past 10 years.

Stability must be taken into consideration when making such a huge decision on the future of your athletic programs.
And then Unioto must look at: a 30 minute drive to its furthest SVC competitor would change significantly to where 40 to 50 mile away trips would be the norm for away league play. Not that big to football but for the teams that play on weekdays it does become a big deal.

Also financial factors need to be taken into consideration, The SVC polls some nice gates. Could the new league promise an increase in those gate revenues to cover the increase in costs?
Would the new league be willing to compensate Unioto for any loss of gate revenue?
Increase in gates, are you kidding? These are larger districts with larger fan bases. Heck, just hosting Jackson or Chillicothe and one other team in football would bring in close to what they do for an entire season now.

It is just my opinion but I think Unioto would be well served to join a league of like sized schools.

letsgolf
Waterboy

Post by letsgolf »

Poo Bear wrote:Unioto will be / has been approached about joining the other 6 teams for a big svc division. If th do so decline then the other schools will start a brand new conference and seek to add a few teams.

It is Unioto right to decline this offer .
That is what's happening now . Nothing more nothing less
On another thread you said this was all but a done deal.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Buddy , like all us "undercover" reporters . We have to weed through the bull crap lol

letsgolf
Waterboy

Post by letsgolf »

Poo Bear wrote:Buddy , like all us "undercover" reporters . We have to weed through the bull crap lol
LOL...fair enough!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I do think my above post is accurate . And I would say Unioto will stay with svc .

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

My most recent source says that the svc had declined the offer for expansion. I would say the 6 teams will look to add 1-2 teams and then proceed to draft a league constitution this summer .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Daryl Dixon wrote:Image

HAHA!!

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

As I thought, just a bunch of talk. I am not surprised.

This article is just waste of space in the Gazette now I guess

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story ... /81558254/

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Bigdog wrote:As I thought, just a bunch of talk. I am not surprised.

This article is just waste of space in the Gazette now I guess

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story ... /81558254/

This is a talk forum. What do expect to happen on here ? Speculations and opinions

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

I meant the people that were talking, not the postings on bulletin boards.

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

I thought Dave Shoemaker's opinion in the Gazette was well thought out and very doable. Come on powers to be let's get it done.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Im glad the svc isnt changing. It is a stable league that doesn't need fixed. Why mess with it?

Return to “Football”