Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Buckeye09 »

May make you easier to find than an orange hoodie. Don't think it's going to be cold. Have at it!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Tigers will have the whole team healthy for this game. Everyone will be back for the first time since the Burg game. Take away two dropped punts and 93 yards of Penalties. Ironton controlled the line of scrimmage in the first meeting. This time the chop blocks will be penalized. Look for a Tiger win this week.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

IBTT wrote:Tigers will have the whole team healthy for this game. Everyone will be back for the first time since the Burg game. Take away two dropped punts and 93 yards of Penalties. Ironton controlled the line of scrimmage in the first meeting. This time the chop blocks will be penalized. Look for a Tiger win this week.

22 and 85 are in this game ????

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So what you're saying is that ironton was cheated out of a win in the first game? Burg had just as many penalties, and mistakes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I hope so. That way there's no doubt when the game is over.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

wobycat wrote:So what you're saying is that ironton was cheated out of a win in the first game? Burg had just as many penalties, and mistakes.

I think he meant burg chopped blocked like 10 times(I think that was right count) , burg had 1 bad call in that game that I seen (pass play around goal line)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I want to know who counted those? Burgs not been penalized for that once this year, at least not the games I've seen. I bet ironton jumped 5 times before they started to call them. You see how this can go both ways? I can't stand when people say they were cheated by officials. It's a game of making plays and capitalizing on opportunities.
Last edited by wobycat on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgFan101
Waterboy

Post by BurgFan101 »

How do you think a running back that has sat out most of the year will be able to come in and make a difference against a very good defense? I just don't see him being a factor in this game.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

wobycat wrote:I want to know who counted those? Burgs not been penalized for that once this year, at least not the games I've seen. I bet ironton jumped 5 times before they started to call them. You see how this can go both ways? I can't stand when people say they were cheated by officials. It's a game of making plays and capitalizing on opportunities.
I didn't say they was cheated , but I can see how some of these zebras need re trained LOL

it usually equals out I agree with that

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

wobycat wrote:I want to know who counted those? Burgs not been penalized for that once this year, at least not the games I've seen. I bet ironton jumped 5 times before they started to call them. You see how this can go both ways? I can't stand when people say they were cheated by officials. It's a game of making plays and capitalizing on opportunities.
An Ironton coach made a whole 5 minute video of all the illegal blocks by the linebackers during that game. It was awful. The official gave the excuse that he had called it once already. Vass said back to him then you should have been calling them all because you know they are illegal.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton's biggest problem in the game was the blocking back getting illegally chopped. He couldn't do his job because the linebackers were doing what they did. Even though, Ironton still out gained Burg. Two dropped punts and two other turnovers along with 93 yards of penalties. Truthfully, I was shocked that this Burg team has gone undefeated, however their competition wasn't very tough this season.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I do not think you'll see Palladino 22 or Lucas Campbell 85.
Campbell's injury was season ending... Busted knee...
Palladino could play, it all depends...
Perhaps Levi Langdon on the line will return. He's a huge blocker in tha big left or right side. He left with a tweaked ankle in the last home game. He hobbled off the field quickly without help. a young sophomore whose name escapes me has stepped up nicely for him & he will be nice to have out there too. Some1 help me with his name. Levi langdon's replacement. I just don't understand why they've not used all those 6 foot 200+ running backs that are sophomores in OVC play? Perfect time to discover the next new star. It was good to see them get the passing game down, special teams polished, , pat's & several 30+ field goals. That soccer player from Ironton St. Joe finally got it down.
GOTIGERSGO.
Good luck to both for no injuries so the advancing team reps SEO to its fullest.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Coach vass's comment in today's tribune about injured seniors:

Vass credited the seniors with the team’s turnaround after the rough start and all the injuries that have taken their toll.

“The seniors are a special group for me. The majority have been three-year starters. Some are hurt and out for the year and that’s unfortunate. But they kept us together and they made this season mean something,” said Vass.

- See more at: http://www.irontontribune.com/2015/10/3 ... CphUP.dpuf

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Buckeye09 wrote:Especially ole Jolly. I'm sure he will the most chiseled, well toned man in the place. Cause I'm sure he played HS football down there and was a Legend! Score 6 touchdowns in one game for Polk High, errr I mean The Pirates. Just poking fun Jolly. I'm really learning this sense of humor stuff the more I read. LoL
6'4" 235. I'll be there after halftime. I gotta work a shut down all day Friday. Prolly looking like I just walked out of a saw dust factory. You are getting the humor thing. Lol. Keep practicing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironton posters be like :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I have been reading the thread from last year's playoff game and let me tell you, it is better than the comic section. We should really get a TV show. Ha-ha. This has yet to get to that point but it looks like CG is taking it in that direction with all the excuses he's making. I wonder what the excuse will be this time? Or will it be that Ironton got out played? I don't think #22 coming back now would benefit much at all. If there is still a ? About his health then he shouldn't force it. There is life after High School football. Be that as it may, he's going to do what he feels is right.

Burg's defense has played lights out all year. They are aggressive and very fast. The way they diguise the blitz is amazing. The defensive line is solid. I think I heard that they have played 13 different kids on Dline this year. So it seems they have a lot of depth and can just plug and play. II am looking forward to watching another whipping come Friday night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:
An Ironton coach made a whole 5 minute video of all the illegal blocks by the linebackers during that game. It was awful. The official gave the excuse that he had called it once already. Vass said back to him then you should have been calling them all because you know they are illegal.
How many times did the ironton backs leave early? How many times do you think the burg coaches complained? You don't think a back getting an extra step is an advantage?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:Ironton's biggest problem in the game was the blocking back getting illegally chopped. He couldn't do his job because the linebackers were doing what they did. Even though, Ironton still out gained Burg. Two dropped punts and two other turnovers along with 93 yards of penalties. Truthfully, I was shocked that this Burg team has gone undefeated, however their competition wasn't very tough this season.
I hope you have the courage to come back on here after the game and give burg it's credit with a statement like that.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

IBTT wrote:Ironton's biggest problem in the game was the blocking back getting illegally chopped. He couldn't do his job because the linebackers were doing what they did. Even though, Ironton still out gained Burg. Two dropped punts and two other turnovers along with 93 yards of penalties. Truthfully, I was shocked that this Burg team has gone undefeated, however their competition wasn't very tough this season.
And we are all shocked ironton won a game....... you see how stupid that sounds?? Everyone from Burg knows that the tigers are coming to burg ready to play.. and as far as penalties in week one. I'm shocked ironton only had 93 yeards.. it was bad... both ways. As a matter of fact. Ironton only scored because of 2 holds that were not called.. I think ironton had a solid team week 1 but, they were never going to win... and they will not win this friday.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

Watched practice yesterday, we looked really focused with a lot of mental reps and drill work. talked to a couple of the players and they said we know ironton will come ready to play and we will too but we are focused on us and getting better today for ironton. we are not thinking about Friday yet. I was impressed. This will be a great game with many chess pieces being move and countered throughout the game, always is

Return to “Football”