8%
Frontier
4%

Total votes: 48

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by J_Manziel2 »

Tanner Clark and Chance Rucker should also be in the debate. Rest of the PVC glad they are done with them.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote:Darell Brooker 2 time all state LB best Fort Frye football player ever. Also best player since 2000- Chandler Lang 93 tds in 4 years took Cadets to back to back state playoff appearances. Other names include All-State DT Anthony Winters, Eric Henniger, Matt Tulliis, Tanner Robinson , and Colt Skinner.
Darrell and Chandler were the first two who came to mind

tomahawkchop
Riding the Bench

Post by tomahawkchop »

I see a lot of the posters are not aware of football prior to 2000. Hard to say the best that you have picked is better than Darrell Shipp, Lance Lafollette,of the old Woodsfield teams. Joey Adamik,Allen Treherne and others from Meadowbrook. Tippy Reed from Shenandoah.Dale Harper from Caldwell. Lots of these younger players you all have listed would not be in top 30-50 if you went back a bit in the PVC.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

tomahawkchop wrote:I see a lot of the posters are not aware of football prior to 2000. Hard to say the best that you have picked is better than Darrell Shipp, Lance Lafollette,of the old Woodsfield teams. Joey Adamik,Allen Treherne and others from Meadowbrook. Tippy Reed from Shenandoah.Dale Harper from Caldwell. Lots of these younger players you all have listed would not be in top 30-50 if you went back a bit in the PVC.
Agreed. I don't think the level of talent nowadays in the PVC is anywhere close to what it used to be many years ago.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's just hard for me because I never saw them play I've only been watching PVC games since like 96 and even then I was 10 years old. I have decent memories of 2000 on.I would put Engle on the list he could take over games even though his teams were so bad. It's hard to run for 1000 and pass for 1000 on the same team as a freshman on a team that went 0-10. Most dominant 2 players that come to mind for me are Jed Stephens and Colby Street. Also Tyler Kitchen as a RB was a beast. Also being someone that was leveled by Gabe Gordon I have to say he was a beast. Mikey Habig was a tank. Joey Wheeler, Shane Crum , and Mike Fanfossen was a nice line of elite Rbs. Rucker was a stud but I think Ramage was better.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No order just a few names to come off top of my tongue. Brock Davis was also very good from Trail.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

04-05 Frontier team was special with Mossburg , Lutes , and Danny Reed.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

DJ Duke at DT was a true monster as well as Austin Shockling from Caldwell.

tomahawkchop
Riding the Bench

Post by tomahawkchop »

Brunoni from Frontier around 1982 was tough. When we played Fort Frye in the early 80's it was probably some of the hardest hitting of the season. Jon Knowlton of Woodsfield was tough. I still think Tyler Kinchen was better on defense than offense. Be nice to list the players from each decade for the pvc.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

EasternDspy wrote:DJ Duke at DT was a true monster as well as Austin Shockling from Caldwell.
No offense but schockling isn't even close to top 50 for Caldwell alone all time.
In my opinon:
Clark's numbers this year and career numbers probably won't be touched in the PVC for a long time. Rucker is a 2-time 1st team all-Ohioan.
Ramage was a beast as well playing better competition but how do you judge it?
Like I said before Jed Stephens was the best I have personally watched. After him, I have a hard time keeping Schumacher and Clark out of the next spots.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I just remember a few years back thinking Shockling had some games where he dominated. Maybe I just saw some of his better teams.Was Ramage not all Ohio? Logan Clark was a true stud he could of played so many spots.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I thought the majority of you guys were youngsters. If we go back that far you have to throw Frank Wise from Shenandoah in the hat. Also I played against Shipp he was something else Jr high and high school. Was Buckeye Trail in the PVC when Jeff Snedegar played? Josh Perkins was won of my favorite running backs to just go watch. Adamik and Treherne were good but Jody Stoldt is the best from Meadowbrook when they were in. Ron Street from Beallsville was good. Chris Stewart was good from their also.Was Barnesville ever in the PVC?

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

No, I do not believe Buckeye Trail was in the PVC when Snedegar played. I would need a Trail faithful to confirm that though.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I am pretty sure Buckeye Trail wasn't in The PVC when Snedegar played.

I remember a guy from Frontier, Ray Faust? Something like that. He tore Fort Frye up.

A little after that, I remember Jon Knowlton being pretty good.

When you go back very far, not only were a lot of us too young to be following closely, but internet message boards weren't keeping the players' names out there. You just see the teams for a week and forget them.

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

Snedegar never played in PVC if he did he would be number one and then number two would be a distant 2nd.

tomahawkchop
Riding the Bench

Post by tomahawkchop »

Rusty Stephens from Beallsville was a tough running back. Just hate seeing the players from the early years of the PVC forgotten.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Woodsfield had a big running back in the early seventies, played tailback. Can't remember his name, but he was good!

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

rockcoach wrote:Woodsfield had a big running back in the early seventies, played tailback. Can't remember his name, but he was good!
Dale Shipley

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

pvcguy wrote:
rockcoach wrote:Woodsfield had a big running back in the early seventies, played tailback. Can't remember his name, but he was good!
Dale Shipley
You mean Darryl Shipp? But I think he's talking about Pat Singleton. Shipp played in the eighties.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Who did Caldwell hire?

Return to “Football”