THOUGHTS ON BEST FOOTBALL FACILTY IN THE OVC

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THOUGHTS ON BEST FOOTBALL FACILTY IN THE OVC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

biggdowgg wrote:Portsmouth is my favorite for 2 reasons....1 is obvious my home school and 2 is
..NO TRACK !! Complain about small vistor bleachers all you want but not many other places put you right on top of the game like Portsmouth does , besides that I've only seen the visitors side full to capacity a hand full of times since it opened and one of them was a play off game between burg and Ironton...bottom line I hate tracks around football fields lol

I'M WITH YOU THERE BROTHER. UNFORTUNATELY IRONTON HAS A TRACK AROUND THEIRS ON THE HOME SIDE. BUT THE WAY TANKS STADIUM IS BUILT ELEVATE SO HIGH FROM THE FIELD, IT ISN'T A PROBLEM. BUT I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I heard that bubblegum.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the last time I was at fairland, my son was on ironton's track team, and fairland needed a whole lot done. I mean a whole lot. but I have no idea if anything has changed there now or not. maybe a dragon poster can update us.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

^^^^ to give a little insite on fairland. i personally think the place is a joke. they upgraded the wood bleachers to aluminum but they only are like 4 rows. you have to walk all the way on the other end of the stadium for restrooms or concessions

it's been awhile since i've been to rock hill or south point. both are pretty nice facilities. with the upgrades and the new field turf tank in my opinion is one of the nicest around (i used to hate goin there). other than the seating the new p-town diggs are pretty awesome.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Portsmouth and rock hill also have excellent facilities. coal grove as well, but need way more visitor seating with aisles, and need more restrooms. I've not seen the new south point facilities yet what's it like. i have not been to fairland in years. gallipolis, did they ever finish the new field in centenary. Chesapeake has new facilities but I've not seen them yet either.
i've been by the new peake stadium. it's pretty nice

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Portsmouth and rock hill also have excellent facilities. coal grove as well, but need way more visitor seating with aisles, and need more restrooms. I've not seen the new south point facilities yet what's it like. i have not been to fairland in years. gallipolis, did they ever finish the new field in centenary. Chesapeake has new facilities but I've not seen them yet either.

GAHS is still playing at Memorial Field in town. There is no sign of a new stadium at the new school in Centenary in the foreseeable future.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Mad-Dogg wrote:

that's awesome MD, I was in the process of moving away from the area while that project was going on. seemed like parking and seating may have been issues if memory serves me right.

and rv raider. have they done away with the idea in centenary, what an awesome facility they could make there. you talk about a hamstrung place to try to get out of.i generally go to the lower lot and just wait till most everybody leaves.

I'm sorry to hear that about fairland, I hope with the transformation of the league that will relate to more fans, and they can begin to either rebuild/or update the facilities there. I know I was talking to rvraider. that's a facility I'd like to see , never been to river valley.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

are they at least planning on installing turf in the French city. like ironton it was a terrible place to play when muddy. yes I have evolved, because I use to love playing and watching in those conditions.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:

that's awesome MD, I was in the process of moving away from the area while that project was going on. seemed like parking and seating may have been issues if memory serves me right.

and rv raider. have they done away with the idea in centenary, what an awesome facility they could make there. you talk about a hamstrung place to try to get out of.i generally go to the lower lot and just wait till most everybody leaves.

I'm sorry to hear that about fairland, I hope with the transformation of the league that will relate to more fans, and they can begin to either rebuild/or update the facilities there. I know I was talking to rvraider. that's a facility I'd like to see , never been to river valley.

As far as I know, they are still wanting to go with a new stadium at Centenary. It just seems at this particular time it has been put on the backburner.

As for RV's stadium, and I may be a little bias lol, it is a nice and adequate stadium for RV and its size. The visiting bleachers are very small and not a lot of room, but other then that it is a nice stadium for a school like RV.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

I'm still going with Rockhill because of 2 concession stands and 3 bathrooms not a long walk to take a leak and no lines

You can't handle the truth
Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

I know this isn't ovc related but I think green has a nice football facility

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they do, but I have not been there since I was coaching youth football in the rock hill district. I always liked that community.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Has an automobile ever launched from the US 52 overlook down to the football field or visitor stands at Chesapeake?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is something I hope we never have to discuss. I know fans used to park along 52 and stand there and watch the games. very dangerous.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

They still do. Hard to believe a car hasn't flown off yet

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

how does the state patrol allow that. somebody comes through there gawking at the ballgame over the hill swerves right and it could be devastating. not to mention what it's costing them in revenue. that could be fixed by a simple sign that says --no parking anytime.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

A state highway patrol will pull over with his lights on and the people watching the game will get back in their cars and leave. Once everyone's left, the patrolman pulls off as well. It's only a matter of time before something happens

ROLL PEAKE
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

a hefty fine would take care of the situation

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

EXACTLY.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Judging with all the factors that have been talked about, here's my order.
1. Rock Hill
2. Portsmouth
3. Ironton
4. South Point
5. Chesapeake
6. Coal Grove
7. Gallia
8. Fairland

ROLL PEAKE

Return to “Football”