2016 Logan Chieftains

Paladin
SEOP

Re: 2016 Logan Chieftains

Post by Paladin »

Heres the deal, Locos..... I said 6-4 with a shot at 7-3. I understand we have got some ATHLETES.... players . However, I judge both Jerome & DeSales as a major step up. TV and Jackson is competitive, but could lose either or both. The rest we should win , on paper. Hamilton Ross is a white boy suburb of Hamilton playing in the SouthWest Ohio Conference, going 5-5 last year as a D-III ( formerly a D-II and playing a D-II & III schedule) . They have moved around alot in different leagues as a D-II & III, trying to find a place where they can win. tHEY HAVEN'T BEEN VERY GOOD , WHIPPING UP ON SMALLER TEAMS BUT GETTING BUTT KICKED BY mT. hEALTHY, hARRISON, cIN. nORTHWEST, etc. Ross recently played against Niles McKinley in a NEO-SWO series and wasn't overly impressive. Cambridge has been down ( 3-7 in 2015) and doesn't appear to be anything special this year. SEO is what it is... Athens, N-Y, Meigs, etc.

Experience is over rated if you have some athletes. Play a couple of scrimmages, play some good teams early and experience is no longer a factor. If you don't have athletes, that does not apply and it could be a long season. I hear just the opposite. Is there word Logan is going to run Option ? Change the O and tweak the D ? Good coaching and some athletes can take you way down the road. I wouldn't sell Logan short. I still like my outlook .

Have gun, will travel
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

5 SURE wins?? And 7-3?? Cmon. Logan needs to replace 90% of their offensive production from last year as well as huge holes on defense as well as finding two LBs that can stop the run; something we struggled with last year. Logan will have a new QB, a new RB, 1 or 2 WRs with playing time from last season and the strongest asset will be a line that had alot of time last season together. I agree with Locos and no disrespect to Warren, but thats the ONLY game I would bet the farm on.

Live Like A Champion!
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

After reading some of this I decided to look at Ross on film via Hudl. I noticed that they too look really slow on film. So with the talent Logan has coming back and the superior coaching I now think the Chiefs will beat them relatively easy. So that's 6 wins. I still think Jackson is a toss up so there's 7 wins if we win that toss. Since we've beefed up the schedule, something most SEO teams are afraid to do, I think 7 gets us into the dance. Once we are in who knows.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Correct ,KD -- a LINE with SIZE and EXPERIENCE. But also a QB who is an athlete, some RBs with some talent and a couple or WRs. All are athletes. The D is expected to be QUICKER this year. Some size on the line but again, some athletes who will play LB. Logan should have decent DBs again. Coaching makes the difference this year, with athletes who can play.

So, you heard it here first -- 6-4 with a shot at 7-3.

P.S. -- BTW, I was CORRECT last year with my pre-season projection of a minimum of 7-3 with a shot at 8-2, despite the pessimism . The rest is history.

Have gun, will travel
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

SEOALlives wrote:After reading some of this I decided to look at Ross on film via Hudl. I noticed that they too look really slow on film. So with the talent Logan has coming back and the superior coaching I now think the Chiefs will beat them relatively easy. So that's 6 wins. I still think Jackson is a toss up so there's 7 wins if we win that toss. Since we've beefed up the schedule, something most SEO teams are afraid to do, I think 7 gets us into the dance. Once we are in who knows.

Ah; I am getting slow in my 40's. I get it now. :cry:

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Paladin wrote:Correct ,KD -- a LINE with SIZE and EXPERIENCE. But also a QB who is an athlete, some RBs with some talent and a couple or WRs. All are athletes. The D is expected to be QUICKER this year. Some size on the line but again, some athletes who will play LB. Logan should have decent DBs again. Coaching makes the difference this year, with athletes who can play.

P.S. -- BTW, I was CORRECT last year with my pre-season projection of a minimum of 7-3 with a shot at 8-2, despite the pessimism . The rest is history.
A line that returns one starter and two kids that had some playing time. Thats not alot of experience in my eyes. Athletes or not if you're replacing that much offensive production youre going to take some lumps. With 3 in a row on the road early on, Logan will need to come together quickly. You could be the greatest athlete at the school but if youve never played and cant make reads, then he is just the best athlete on the field imo.

Live Like A Champion!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Inexperience means turnovers and penalties

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not a problem. I predicted 7-3 last year with a shot at 8-2 and people thought I was nuts. But despite the pessimism, 8-2 it was. I'll live with my real early prediction of 6-4 with a shot at 7-3.

It helps to KNOW who you are playing too. :lol:

Thats part of the calculation. 8-)

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Week 6 should be a wild one. We know Athens will put up 50+ points. Have no clue what skill Logan has coming back. They lost a lot

PS Paladin, Athens has another Ohio University coaches kid at QB and one at Linebacker 8-)

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Paladin wrote:Not a problem. I predicted 7-3 last year with a shot at 8-2 and people thought I was nuts. But despite the pessimism, 8-2 it was. I'll live with my real early prediction of 6-4 with a shot at 7-3.

It helps to KNOW who you are playing too. :lol:

Thats part of the calculation. 8-)
Hmmmm... Looks like PowderPuff is saying that Logan has a weak schedule again. :mrgreen:

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

SEOALlives wrote:After reading some of this I decided to look at Ross on film via Hudl. I noticed that they too look really slow on film. So with the talent Logan has coming back and the superior coaching I now think the Chiefs will beat them relatively easy. So that's 6 wins. I still think Jackson is a toss up so there's 7 wins if we win that toss. Since we've beefed up the schedule, something most SEO teams are afraid to do, I think 7 gets us into the dance. Once we are in who knows.
Once we are in who knows? How about anyone not from Logan, that grew up and didnt think they were still in HS and have watched more than 2 minutes of football in their life knows. You have no prayer, no chance, you will never win a state championship or make a deep run, those are just facts and you need to face them.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LogangradKD wrote:
Paladin wrote:Correct ,KD -- a LINE with SIZE and EXPERIENCE. But also a QB who is an athlete, some RBs with some talent and a couple or WRs. All are athletes. The D is expected to be QUICKER this year. Some size on the line but again, some athletes who will play LB. Logan should have decent DBs again. Coaching makes the difference this year, with athletes who can play.

A line that returns one starter and two kids that had some playing time. Thats not alot of experience in my eyes. Athletes or not if you're replacing that much offensive production youre going to take some lumps. With 3 in a row on the road early on, Logan will need to come together quickly. You could be the greatest athlete at the school but if youve never played and cant make reads, then he is just the best athlete on the field imo.
Most of the time I disagree with you BUT you are correct with your outlook of the 2016 season, the other area of concern which has not been mention is special teams, improvement is a must especially the kickoff unit!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Slowly but surely, Chiefs are coming back, very noticeable good boys coming up. A look at the past and Chiefs don't forget. Know most are killing themselves and working real hard. Lots of underclassmen getting stronger and fast as he((. Look out Jackson LOVE!! We will see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5H77-8nQg

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Slowly but surely, Chiefs are coming back, very noticeable good boys coming up. A look at the past and Chiefs don't forget. Know most are killing themselves and working real hard. Lots of underclassmen getting stronger and fast as he((. Look out Jackson LOVE!! We will see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5H77-8nQg
Not to fast my buddy! we are in for a small bump this year but should improve as the year passes. Like I have said b-4 it is all about the defense this year!

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

2018!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LHS 72 wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:Slowly but surely, Chiefs are coming back, very noticeable good boys coming up. A look at the past and Chiefs don't forget. Know most are killing themselves and working real hard. Lots of underclassmen getting stronger and fast as he((. Look out Jackson LOVE!! We will see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5H77-8nQg
Not to fast my buddy! we are in for a small bump this year but should improve as the year passes. Like I have said b-4 it is all about the defense this year!
Diamonds in the ruff my friend. Where's Moonshine LHS72? You say it's all about the defense, and I think I heard you say it's also about special teams. ?? Do you know any of these sleeper kids coming up? I do!! Just checking buddy. :D :D :D Burke loves they're work ethic and see's some supreme athleticism. . Very hard 120% physical head hunters waiting behind the limelight. :twisted:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
Diamonds in the ruff my friend. Where's Moonshine LHS72? You say it's all about the defense, and I think I heard you say it's also about special teams. ?? Do you know any of these sleeper kids coming up? I do!! Just checking buddy. :D :D :D Burke loves they're work ethic and see's some supreme athleticism. . Very hard 120% physical head hunters waiting behind the limelight. :twisted:
My facts are just based on all teams (grades) performance over the last few years! I hope they never ever give up and they work very hard during the off season! Tell us about some of the sleeper's any size, speed ability?

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

I read that someone said that Jackson was slow, two running backs runs the hundred in 11 flat. I guess that is slow.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Texas 2 wrote:I read that someone said that Jackson was slow, two running backs runs the hundred in 11 flat. I guess that is slow.
You are wrong they are very fast and should run the table this year!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Texas 2 wrote:I read that someone said that Jackson was slow, two running backs runs the hundred in 11 flat. I guess that is slow.
Jackson should get those two out for their track team.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”