Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by formerfcfan »

I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into whose orange helmets are nicer!

For your historians out there, how many times has the Ironton-Burg game been played in the postseason?

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

i think northwest would be a tougher game

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Bait. I seen where you were bumping your gums on another thread about burg fans talking trash! I've seen plenty of post from tiger fans talking trash!! Pathetic. Here is a little trash for everyone!!! Ironton beat burg week one, in every aspect of the game...... except where it matters.... Burg is lucky to be 10-0 because the mighty tigers beat them. Ironton is luckier to be in the playoffs at all! I hope for the sake of the players that ironton can even make this a game this time around..
" Ironton beat burg week one,"

I knew you had it in you, I am glad you finally come around!!! :D

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Hahahaha

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Burg helmets are way nicer looking then the ironton ones. Until the this year I thought we played the browns.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

formerfcfan wrote:I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into whose orange helmets are nicer!

For your historians out there, how many times has the Ironton-Burg game been played in the postseason?
Burg's for sure :mrgreen:

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

P(irate) wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into whose orange helmets are nicer!

Burg's for sure :mrgreen:
that's two votes for Burg helmets lol

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

2014 all over. Burg rolls in this one.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

This is why a thread shouldn't start 2 weeks before the game.
I think all that is left in here is the two types of fans that make both schools look bad!
We all make predictions and say things about games not being close but to gloat, brag and chest pump....??

Those who know, keep their mouth shut & let the game play out! #StayHumble.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

IBTT wrote:Tigers will have the whole team healthy for this game. Everyone will be back for the first time since the Burg game. Take away two dropped punts and 93 yards of Penalties. Ironton controlled the line of scrimmage in the first meeting. This time the chop blocks will be penalized. Look for a Tiger win this week.
Who exactly is coming back this week that hasn't played in the past few weeks?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Bait. I seen where you were bumping your gums on another thread about burg fans talking trash! I've seen plenty of post from tiger fans talking trash!! Pathetic. Here is a little trash for everyone!!! Ironton beat burg week one, in every aspect of the game...... except where it matters.... Burg is lucky to be 10-0 because the mighty tigers beat them. Ironton is luckier to be in the playoffs at all! I hope for the sake of the players that ironton can even make this a game this time around..
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
pmow3 wrote:Don't worry about their stupid crap boys. And don't go over to the Wheelersburg post and say anything either.
That's all this last week has been. They want to bring up stuff from 40 years ago and 12 years ago.
Just take the high road and let them run their mouths.
That says more than a response.

hoss I think if anybody is running their mouth on the ironton/burg thread. I'd have to give that nod to the burg folks. in fact very few ironton posters are even posting. we're just glad to be there, and hope to mess up somebodie's Friday night. we done this a time er 3.
could this be what yer referring to grad. I have no problem standing by what I said. read some of the burg posts. we should not even show up and just forfeit according to some of ya'll/

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

People get way too butt hurt over a high school football game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

FOR REAL. IT'S HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PEOPLE. I HAVE NOT BEEN RANTING ABOUT THE TIGERS AT ALL. I KNOW WE'RE A SOLID UNDERDOG, AND BARELY MADE IT. BUT WE DID WIN 6 IN A ROW, AND WE'LL JUST HAVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THE YOUUNG'UNS WILL GET TO PROVE IT ON THE FIELD.AS IT SHOULD BE.TELL ME BURG NEVER GOT ANY POINTS FROM IRONTON AGAIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just hope we have a good competitive game from both squads and have an injury free, clean game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the better team will advance, and should have the other's full support.

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

Burg by 10 in a great game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fighting tigers shock the ohio high school football world.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

I look for Ironton to come out with great emotion but for Wheelersburg to pull out the win in the 2nd half. No running clock but if Ironton has to play catch up and turns the ball over it could be two or three scores.
Prediction: Cloudy with a chance of personal fouls.
Go Pirates.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

I know we are all excited for the game and who will win but could we talk about the strengths and weakness of the teams? what we think each team should do to be successful both offensively and defensively? Not real interesting just saying who will win. c'mon man

Return to “Football”