Vinton County Football Coach leaving

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: Vinton County Football Coach leaving

Post by vctransplant »

Bringdanoise wrote:Some of you have no clue. You think that looking at simple wins ands loses make a good or bad coach. Maybe take a look at the level of talent that each coach had while they were there. Look at the level of competition they had to play with said talent. Also, look at what some of these coaches have done since they have left. Get a clue people, there is a big world out there. What happened 20 years ago may not mean much in today's world of high school football.
I agree 100%! People grow and change with time. That's why I'd love to see Yates get another shot. He was on staff last year as OC, which means offense won't be brand new to the kids. He is from here and has two boy on the team, he has been around the majority of the team all their lives. Also I believe the time spen coaching under Bartrum was the best thing for him, as a coach and a man. He is not the coach or man from the mid 2000's! JMO

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Bringdanoise wrote:Some of you have no clue. You think that looking at simple wins ands loses make a good or bad coach. Maybe take a look at the level of talent that each coach had while they were there. Look at the level of competition they had to play with said talent. Also, look at what some of these coaches have done since they have left. Get a clue people, there is a big world out there. What happened 20 years ago may not mean much in today's world of high school football.
I think the number one thing they need to look at is the name of the coach. If he has a catchy name like Jesty, Testy, Rusty, Dusty, Dutch, Clutch that would be a good start. Slasher or Killer might be good too. How about Thumper? But the name has to be one that the guy is known universally by. After getting the guys with good names lined up and then find out which ones have a proven record of getting players to run through brick walls. That would be a good start.

NutBusterVC
Waterboy

Post by NutBusterVC »

^^^

That is exactly why i think someone needs to see if

WINGS TEAFORD

is available!

That guy had those racine kids breaking tomatoes on their foreheads!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Buzz Brickbuster

Bush Light
Waterboy

Post by Bush Light »

NutBusterVC wrote:^^^

WINGS TEAFORD

is available!

If that is all it takes hire me. I can get them to bust beer cans on their foreheads

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Bush Light wrote:
NutBusterVC wrote:^^^

WINGS TEAFORD

is available!

If that is all it takes hire me. I can get them to bust beer cans on their foreheads
A catchy name "Bush Light" and the ability to get players to smash beer cans with their foreheads is a great start. But you might want to switch to coke cans instead with the high school players. My guess is you were either coaching at a D1 university or a professional team previously, or maybe just a D1 talent scout, where beer cans were allowed, but high school is different.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

I still would use the best offense in football

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

I have to admit that my cat like reflexes and jaguar like speed has diminished over the years

But I can bust a tomato on my forehead with the best of them

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

NutBusterVC wrote:^^^Yes an everyone knows that looking at life through your legs is a guarantee of coaching success
I guess you are going to have to fill me in on the meaning of this comment. I do not fully understand the insult you are making.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Bringdanoise wrote:
NutBusterVC wrote:^^^Yes an everyone knows that looking at life through your legs is a guarantee of coaching success
I guess you are going to have to fill me in on the meaning of this comment. I do not fully understand the insult you are making.
I believe they are referring to Bartrum being a long snapper in the NFL.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

billcox wrote:With the late departure of the HC, where does this leave the Vikings in the TVC Ohio race? They may struggle to win a game in league play.
C'mon bill. You know one monkey doesn't stop the circus. The show will go on!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VC will be fine .
I see them being 4-6
Tvc win over Wellston

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Poo Bear wrote:VC will be fine .
I see them being 4-6
Tvc win over Wellston
I agree! May do better than that! But we will be ok!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Well we are supposed to have a decision tomorrow! Anticipation sucks! Just hope the school board truly has the kids best interests at heart, and vote accordingly. Fingers crossed!

NutBusterVC
Waterboy

Post by NutBusterVC »

I just hope they do whatever they gotta do to

BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!BRING BACK IRISH JACK!!!

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

any word?

wildcat76
Waterboy

Post by wildcat76 »

:D Queen

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Looks like board made a good decision! Good luck Vikes!

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

What about nutbuster VC or VCtrans? would they apply?

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?

Return to “Football”