2016 Logan Chieftains

billcox
Varsity

Re: 2016 Logan Chieftains

Post by billcox »

Just for clarification:

Logan, Jackson and Warren will still compete for the SEOAL title in 2016?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Raider has his right wing pea brain suffering from the concussion Logan administered. To repeat --

Logan will struggle with Jerome and DeSales. Be competitive with Jackson and TV and could win either or both. The rest of the schedule, Logan , with better athletes have a chance to run the table, including Athens.. Minimum of 6-4 with a shot at 7-3. Jerome, DeSales, Jackson and TV are all better than Athens. Who is Athens toughest opponent ? Really begs the question.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote:Raider has his right wing pea brain suffering from the concussion Logan administered. To repeat --

Logan will struggle with Jerome and DeSales. Be competitive with Jackson and TV and could win either or both. The rest of the schedule, Logan , with better athletes have a chance to run the table, including Athens.. Minimum of 6-4 with a shot at 7-3. Jerome, DeSales, Jackson and TV are all better than Athens. Who is Athens toughest opponent ? Really begs the question.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Didn't Logan lose everything and their JV wasn't very good?

Did you recruit kids in :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Raider6309 wrote: and their JV wasn't very good?
And yet they still managed to beat Athens :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

cbolt wrote:
And they still managed to beat Athens :lol:
I mean this year. Last year was logan's dream team. All seniors. Athens was all sophomores and without it's QB. Athens lost the turnover battle 6-1. Even with 6 turnovers the Young Athens team scored 49.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:Didn't Logan lose everything and their JV wasn't very good?

Did you recruit kids in :lol:
Trust me Raider, those JV's will be much improved heading up the next ladder mixing in there.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:
cbolt wrote:
And they still managed to beat Athens :lol:
I mean this year. Last year was logan's dream team. All seniors. Athens was all sophomores and without it's QB. Athens lost the turnover battle 6-1. Even with 6 turnovers the Young Athens team scored 49.
Logan is getting back to the old Logan. Billy hasn't got them where he wants them yet, but it's on it's way.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

You can't always outscore someone, the days of a Burrow led offense with Williams, etc. are over. "Out-Athleting" (not a word) days are over.

Didn't Athens give up 400 yards to the Logan back last year?

The emphasis at some point needs to be on being more physical than the other team, defense, and controlling the LOS. Athens has always (at least recently) seemed to be more of an offensive mind set. The other side of the ball needs some attention also. Just my opinion.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Walsh is the expected QB this year or at least thats the last I heard. If that is the case he is bigger then Little and IMO more physical. The running game is a question. We'll have to see if we can find us another tank like McBride. The receivers should be good, we only lost Smith. 3 letter men are returning plus one that missed all last season do to injury. The O-line and D-line should fair well most were in the rotation last year. The linebacker play has to step up to stop the run and the running QBs. The secondary will be able to cover anyone from SEO.

AT THE RESERVATION
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Paladin wrote:My spies agree with me --- should be a winning season ( 6-4 with a shot at 7-3). I understand that they may change both O & D to take advantage of abilities & skills. Turn out could be interesting. I hear a lot may be out this year. Schedule shows only Jerome & DeSales that outclass the Chiefs on paper. Schedule shows some weak sisters but several others could be competitive with the Chiefs. On film these schools look slow.

Bring on the autumn leaves................

It's always good to get an opinion from someone who knows what's going on

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Paladin wrote:Ross historically hasn't been very good. They have bounced around several leagues for several decades trying to find a league they can win in instead of getting pounded. Flex back and forth between a D-II and D-III. Last year they were 5-5. As I watched them in film I just couldn't help but think they were like most southern Ohio teams, really slow on film. But one needs to look at who they beat and who and how they beat them. Beat 0-10 Oxford Talawanda in OT, 30-24. Beat New Leb. Dixie (1-9), 55-20. Little Miami (2-8), Casey Co., Ky (4-6) 15-8 and West. Brown, 48-46. Lost to "powerhouse" Goshen, 28-20, Northwest 46-6, Edgewood 49-6, Mt. Healthy 38-17 and Harrison 56-14. Suburb of Hamilton where best athletes are in Hamilton Senior or parochial Badin. They played a game with local Niles McKinley , who wasn't very good and was unimpressive. Logan should beat these guys.
Keep that good info coming

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

GotohellSEOPSs wrote:Better watch saying guys look slow. If certain mods see this they will flat out ban your ass.
I think it's hard to gauge speed on hudl

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Everyone..I have warned about repeating words that have to do with teams looking slow. We all know what you are doing when you say this. When I say everyone this even means the person that started it. I will delete any post that is off topic or has to do with 'Looking slow" on any topic.

If you have a problem with this PM me.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

noreply66 wrote:Everyone..I have warned about repeating words that have to do with teams looking slow. We all know what you are doing when you say this. When I say everyone this even means the person that started it. I will delete any post that is off topic or has to do with 'Looking slow" on any topic.

Help me out. What is it that "they" are doing?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Baldeagle wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Everyone..I have warned about repeating words that have to do with teams looking slow. We all know what you are doing when you say this. When I say everyone this even means the person that started it. I will delete any post that is off topic or has to do with 'Looking slow" on any topic.

Help me out. What is it that "they" are doing?
I know you are not on here much but reading the articles first will help you out.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Again, any news on 7 on 7 this summer?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Trust me Raider, those JV's will be much improved heading up the next ladder mixing in there.
I hope Logan has a decent team so it's a shoot out. I know Athens offense will be a machine but have no clue about Logan since they lost everything and the JV was ok. Logan JV beat Athens freshman 7-0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't know JV played freshman??????

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:Didn't know JV played freshman??????
Athens had 28 seniors from 2014. The varsity was basically sophomores and the JV was all freshman. Just like Athens basketball. Athens should have one of the better Olines and Dlines in SEO for 2016. Didnt Logan have a big senior class?

Return to “Football”