Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by The pirate indian »

I predict a big burg win. Ironton plays to the burgs strength, with injuries and a very suffocating d this team will not have the success they are looking for with the run. Even with 22 at full health the lateral speed wasn't enough to get the edge. Ironton will be forced into passing on 3rd and longs, this is not their go to, the defense will be able to capitalize. We'll see spurts of success but not enough consistency to get points. I think this will play out similar to the minford game. Ironton scores once on the first string d then again when subs come in during the 3rd. 49-14 burg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:
P(irate) wrote:For me, I think Burg should utilize more of the power run game. In game 1 they ran mostly jet sweeps and inside jets. I think it will be more beneficial in utilizing the PA pass. Burg can also be successful spreading Ironton out and throwing the ball. Getting to the edges will be big as well.

Defensively I don't foresee much of a change from week 1. Maybe a little more pressure and blitzing. The defense plays fast and hard. If Ironton can exploit that then they have a chance. But they can't continue to try and run, run, run all night.
The burg didn't run up the middle because they couldn't handle D Young the middle backer. Burg couldn't block him, especially early in the game.
The Oline has gelled since game 1. They are doing pretty well with blocking assignments.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

My two cents worth Ironton and Jackson were the best the Burg played this year, Valley showed nothing. the score could have been 42 to 7. Burg ran the clock out at the end and the kickoff return was pure luck.

Tigerknight
Waterboy

Post by Tigerknight »

Burg by 18

Chop wood carry water
cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

if tigers can maintain 5-10 min drives and score! burg will not like the final score

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree they will only win by a touchdown or two when they know it could have been more. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope this is another knuckle draggin , smashmouth classic between these 2.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

I wonder how many Ironton players will have cramps during this game?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Ironton did a good job of controlling their emotions and not getting the personal foul calls against South Point. But then again they were winning and the main player who got them in most games was on the sideline. South Point had times that they stopped the Tigers in the first half and if SP can stop them then Burg should beat them easily. Brain says Burg but loyalty goes with the OVC.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Burg'10 wrote:I wonder how many Ironton players will have cramps during this game?

Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Burg'10 wrote:I wonder how many Ironton players will have cramps during this game?
we'll see!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I TELL YOU ALL THESE POSTS THAT BELITTLE IRONTON/COACHES/PLAYERS,ETC. I HOPE THEY TASTE GOOD GOING DOWN.
I'M NOT SEEING ANY IRONTON POSTERS DOING THAT.BUT I PERSONALLY KNOW THIS IS ALL IN FUN, AND WE HAVE GREAT PEOPLE HERE. BUT I'D SURE LIKE TO SEE THE FIGHTING TIGERS UPSET UNDEFEATED BURG, AND PUT SOME BASKETBALL IN THEIR HANDS SATURDAY'S. OLE BAIT IS FEELIN AN UPSET DOWN DEEP IN HIS BONES.
GO TIGERS GO.AND I'M GOING TO TAKE ALOT OF FLACK. BUT I HOPE THE TIGERS COACHING STAFF STAYS INTACT AND GETS SOME TACTICS IRONED OUT, I THINK THEY DESERVE THE CHANCE. LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED AT ROCK HILL, AND THEIR RESURGENCE.HOME GROWN BOYS KNOW THE COMMUNITY, AND THEIR HEARTS ARE IN THE PROGRAM. DEFENSIVELY WE ARE PRETTY SOLID. THE STAFF NEEDS TO OPEN IT UP OFFENSIVELY. BUT WIN, LOSE OR DRAW. I'M DANG PROUD OF THE FIGHTING TIGERS EFFORTS THIS YEAR AND THE STAFF. I GOTTA FEELING THINGS ARE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I TELL YOU ALL THESE POSTS THAT BELITTLE IRONTON/COACHES/PLAYERS,ETC. I HOPE THEY TASTE GOOD GOING DOWN.
I'M NOT SEEING ANY IRONTON POSTERS DOING THAT.BUT I PERSONALLY KNOW THIS IS ALL IN FUN, AND WE HAVE GREAT PEOPLE HERE. BUT I'D SURE LIKE TO SEE THE FIGHTING TIGERS UPSET UNDEFEATED BURG, AND PUT SOME BASKETBALL IN THEIR HANDS SATURDAY'S. OLE BAIT IS FEELIN AN UPSET DOWN DEEP IN HIS BONES.
GO TIGERS GO.AND I'M GOING TO TAKE ALOT OF FLACK. BUT I HOPE THE TIGERS COACHING STAFF STAYS INTACT AND GETS SOME TACTICS IRONED OUT, I THINK THEY DESERVE THE CHANCE. LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED AT ROCK HILL, AND THEIR RESURGENCE.HOME GROWN BOYS KNOW THE COMMUNITY, AND THEIR HEARTS ARE IN THE PROGRAM. DEFENSIVELY WE ARE PRETTY SOLID. THE STAFF NEEDS TO OPEN IT UP OFFENSIVELY. BUT WIN, LOSE OR DRAW. I'M DANG PROUD OF THE FIGHTING TIGERS EFFORTS THIS YEAR AND THE STAFF. I GOTTA FEELING THINGS ARE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL.
Obviously then bait your doin what's called selective reading. Cg/ironton fan has been belittling the ironton coaching staff since week 3. There has been other ironton posters who have done this as well. So why don't you stop with the whining about others and clean your own house before you point fingers at others. You demand that others respect ironton yet give none back to wheelersburg. Respect is earned continuously not just because of past events. Start respecting wheelersburg players who have worked their tails off to put in this great season and you might see some respect reflected back your way.... Obviously!

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I'm a fan of high school football in general. For the last 40 years I've listened to the rest of the state belittle southeast Ohio football. When the playoffs roll around, I support EVERY team from SE Ohio. Just so you all know, they consider this to be the armpit of the state. So you all bragging about who's the best is bragging about who is the best OF THE WORST. How bout whoever wins, we ALL support them and hope a state championship comes back to SE Ohio for a change. When was the last one - 1989?? By BOTH of these teams in the same year??? (I was there) Come on fellas - can't we all just get along?

Is Wheelersburg the favorite - Easy YES

Can Ironton win this game - Only if they bring their A+++ game and play mistake free

Please support whoever wins as they move forward - the kids deserve it from the entire SE community.

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

I predict the final score of Burg winning 28-6. I think the game will be close in first half and Burg will get a couple quick scores after halftime to begin to put it away....

I predict Burg wins the next 3 after this one and OHSAA realigns the pairings for Burg to face Coldwater in the state finals in the Shoe on December 3rd/4th....

I predict that Coldwater will enjoying reading this (guaranteed to be) 20 some page forum of Southern Ohio banter...

Hoping my predictions come true...one game at a time Burg!

F.B.T.= B.U.R.G.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I TELL YOU ALL THESE POSTS THAT BELITTLE IRONTON/COACHES/PLAYERS,ETC. I HOPE THEY TASTE GOOD GOING DOWN.
Obviously then bait your doin what's called selective reading. Cg/ironton fan has been belittling the ironton coaching staff since week 3. There has been other ironton posters who have done this as well. So why don't you stop with the whining about others and clean your own house before you point fingers at others. You demand that others respect ironton yet give none back to wheelersburg. Respect is earned continuously not just because of past events. Start respecting wheelersburg players who have worked their tails off to put in this great season and you might see some respect reflected back your way.... Obviously!
this coaching staff put 6 wins together, obviously there semi-qualified, but THANK YOU CAPT OBVIOUS FOR ONLY SELECTING ME TO POINT OUT!

I have strong suspicion you go to no tiger games cause if you do then speak the truth of what you hear in the stands!! what happened in game 4 could have been a serious disaster to the city of ironton but that don't belong on this thread. but for you to have the NERVE to ONLY SELECT MY NAME TO POINT OUT well that sums U UP!!!! there are numerous people saying what I have said

and just for your info CAPT its not just burg players working tails off I suggest you travel and be more opened minded= obviously capt is 1 more inflator of the burg regime

any burg poster that seen BURG staff doing numerous 3rd and long run plays , screens , etc etc would be saying same thing bout there staff!!!

I even praise burg staff on some of these threads as look at them as a model and see why there successfull
multiple formations
do both run/pass
burg=very unpredictable
special teams = expect anything at any given time

all that is recipe for success

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Cg I apologize for only posting your name. I didn't feel like going back and re-reading thousands of posts. My laziness has no bounds! I did at least state that you weren't the only one. Why are you so upset about it anyway? Stand by what you post. Does your opinion shift week to week? If that's the case then take a breath and reconsider what your about to type. I wasn't in no way, shape or form disagreeing with you about it anyway. Just pointing out to bait that he was obviously wrong. You are also correct about the tiger games. I've been to 4 games in the last 3 years. It is also obvious that I have the nerve to post whatever I like so no need to question that. At least I'll remain consistent with my opinions and not follow the latest trend. I'll give you and bait and anyone else some free advice. If you don't want someone talking about what you post, be that your opinions or personal medical stuff or whatever, then don't post it on here. Because OBVIOUSLY it is subject to re-examination and discussion. It would be great if this blog would only be about football knowledge and discussion about the game at hand but alas.... I've not yet seen a blog this year about an ironton game that wasn't turned into this kind of mess. It is obvious that I have typed way too much and I'm sorry I don't have any cool quotes from people throughout history to post. So in closing I will say that burgs defense will be too much for a run dominant ironton. As always ironton will play burg tooth and nail. Burg will outlast the Tigers and advance into the next round. Obviously!

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

my post have always been consistent about the staff!

as for this game there will be no prediction from me so the heater will stay intack!! I do happen to agree with bait as this is week 11 and anything can happen. only thing I can predict is 2 good teams will show up and 1 will play next week. if tigers can drive and score they will be in game to the end and if somehow tigers can get up 14 they will win. I sure hope tigers bring A game with penalties , clock , and play calling.

good luck to both and hopefully injury free game.
GO TIGERS

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Of course anything can happen, whether it's week 1 or week 10 or even that so hard to reach week 15. But I have to disagree with you on the 14 pts only needed for ironton to win. Neither team is the same team that played in week 1 that is obvious! Burg went from a team with an uncertain offense that didn't really take chances to an offense that will score from anywhere on the field. Ironton seems to have played their best game so far in week 1, hit a bad stretch, started spreading the wealth around and by doing that turned their season around. So back to anything can happen, " anything " is what they prepare for all week long, it's the variable that keeps all teams in games until it's obviously over. So who do you think will be better prepared for " anything"?? I agree that ironton had a chance and you can never count them out. But I also believe that burg is a team on a whole different level than any other team in this area this year. Their bench is ridiculous for a div5 school, the rotations just keeps coming and coming and fresh players are constantly pumped into the machine that is the burg team. So far no one has been able to keep up with them for 4 quarters. So what will ironton do differently than what they have always done to combat that aspect?? Tell me something to change my opinion that burg won't just roll over ironton? Don't talk about week 1, that was tried last year and we remember how that turned out. Just please tell me something that will actually make me think differently.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

And why are you on a heater man???? Obviously it's too warm outside for that, get off that thing before ya burn your brain!

Return to “Football”