Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

pirates87
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

Post by pirates87 »

I hear Burg will have at least one nice transfer for sure.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

pirates87 wrote:I hear Burg will have at least one nice transfer for sure.

We may be hearing the same one... Does the school he'd come from start with E?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbjunky81 wrote:
pirates87 wrote:I hear Burg will have at least one nice transfer for sure.

We may be hearing the same one... Does the school he'd come from start with E?
i heard one from ironton and one from ports

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Heard a QB (or two) may be coming Burg's way.*

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Seen on Thursday where Mike Scott which is Blain Scott (Sciotoville lineman's) dad looking at homes for sale in country side village. Wouldn't that be a catch. This would be huge for the Pirates. As far as the QB transfers I'm not sure they are better then our current prospects but we will takem lol.......

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

then what wrote:Seen on Thursday where Mike Scott which is Blain Scott (Sciotoville lineman's) dad looking at homes for sale in country side village. Wouldn't that be a catch. This would be huge for the Pirates. As far as the QB transfers I'm not sure they are better then our current prospects but we will takem lol.......
that could be a interesting pick up. i've heard from several people around burg that we are potentially gettin a transfer from ironton and p-town

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
then what wrote:Seen on Thursday where Mike Scott which is Blain Scott (Sciotoville lineman's) dad looking at homes for sale in country side village. Wouldn't that be a catch. This would be huge for the Pirates. As far as the QB transfers I'm not sure they are better then our current prospects but we will takem lol.......
that could be a interesting pick up. i've heard from several people around burg that we are potentially gettin a transfer from ironton and p-town
I found out today that Blain Scotts dad Mike Scott has lived in the burg district for a while so this is a dead issue. nothing to it.......

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

then what wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
I found out today that Blain Scotts dad Mike Scott has lived in the burg district for a while so this is a dead issue. nothing to it.......
should be a very interesting season

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Cupboard doesn't look to be empty for quite some time.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I know Burg is reloading consistiently as of late, but isn't CW going to have an untypical year of rebuilding than before?
I'm a little foggy but it seems from all the reading I did last year, their juniors & seniors weren't as dominant in league play as frosh/JV?

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

I don't think so---18 sr, 20 jr, 20 soph. approx

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Can't wait go Burg!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

8332 Granite St wrote:Can't wait go Burg!!
should be another interesting season at ed miller stadium

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i sure wish we could find someone diff for wk 2 and wk 4. we don't get much help from fairland and we didn't see much help from nch last yr. plus that's a long drive there and they have very little visitor seating

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Mad-Dogg wrote:i sure wish we could find someone diff for wk 2 and wk 4. we don't get much help from fairland and we didn't see much help from nch last yr. plus that's a long drive there and they have very little visitor seating
We diffently need more of a challenge during regular season.... Oak hill are not much better then northwest Imo.... We lost 16-18 seniors this year but the freshman team had 27 player's (big class) lol. How many freshman are we going to have this year? I don't know how big the 8th grade team was last year. Btw I was class of 2000 1999 last football season and we had like 32 seniors playing football I remember in grade school all the teachers talking about how big a class we was.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

There were close to 30 on the 8th grade, but only 18-20 on the 7th grade last year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:I thought this yrs D was better than the 2014 D. 4 of the 5 db's from 14 returned, linebacker play was much better in 15. D line wasn't as good, partly because they had more kids going both ways but they were still pretty good. Jackson returned a lot of kids this year and this yrs team handled them and last yrs team got handled. last year coldwater did to ccc in the state championship exactly what they did to burg this year. CCC knocked Hartley out in the semis the week after they beat the burg in 14.
CCC also played a beat up Hartley. Hartley's coach said after the game that they didn't have a chance after the way Burg beat them up. They knew they were done. Also, The Jackson game came at just the right time, The previous 2 years Burg rolled them, I heard the kids first hand, They were not mentally prepared for that game. They got knocked around and realized they weren't perfect. The result? A great run and some good hardnosed football. 14 was the better team, no doubt. 15 was great as well.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

P(irate) wrote:
fbnut wrote:I thought this yrs D was better than the 2014 D. 4 of the 5 db's from 14 returned, linebacker play was much better in 15. D line wasn't as good, partly because they had more kids going both ways but they were still pretty good. Jackson returned a lot of kids this year and this yrs team handled them and last yrs team got handled. last year coldwater did to ccc in the state championship exactly what they did to burg this year. CCC knocked Hartley out in the semis the week after they beat the burg in 14.
CCC also played a beat up Hartley. Hartley's coach said after the game that they didn't have a chance after the way Burg beat them up. They knew they were done. Also, The Jackson game came at just the right time, The previous 2 years Burg rolled them, I heard the kids first hand, They were not mentally prepared for that game. They got knocked around and realized they weren't perfect. The result? A great run and some good hardnosed football. 14 was the better team, no doubt. 15 was great as well.
You can come up with what ever excuse you want the 14 team was dominated by Jackson at the burg. They lined up and ran it down the burgs throat. The 15 team totally man handled a very good Jackson team at Jackson. I will still take the 15 D. Best linebacker play the burg has had since the late 90's.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

I agree with fbnut

Return to “Football”