Total votes: 68

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC2 2016

Post by smurray »

Burg is by far the heavy favorite!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

osu 77 wrote:West will win the SOC this year
and then west wakes up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Muletown has 8 votes???? Have they ever won the soc??? Twice maybe??? Ok maybe one time?? Lmao.....no way falcon fans sorry....same ole story.

BURGerBoy
Waterboy

Post by BURGerBoy »

Burg by 30+ running clock all 4 games. I think valleys disciplined system will be 2nd even though I think waverly is 2nd in talent.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

BURGerBoy wrote:Burg by 30+ running clock all 4 games. I think valleys disciplined system will be 2nd even though I think waverly is 2nd in talent.

I believe the consensus choice for the SOC 2 gold football is the Burg. Everyone else will be competing for the runner up spot. Their continual success since the 1969 (one year before Ed Miller) season is hard to fathom.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Storm02
Waterboy

Post by Storm02 »

Burg wins it this year. Like them or not they have a great system and everyone wants to be Burg.

North West moved down I thought as a restructuring for a couple seasons?
East is good but the end of this borrowed talent run is coming for them.
Green has dominated peewee and Jr High in recent years. IF, and it's a BIG IF, all there talent sticks with it through highschool they could start making some noise.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Storm02 wrote:Burg wins it this year. Like them or not they have a great system and everyone wants to be Burg.

North West moved down I thought as a restructuring for a couple seasons?
East is good but the end of this borrowed talent run is coming for them.
Green has dominated peewee and Jr High in recent years. IF, and it's a BIG IF, all there talent sticks with it through highschool they could start making some noise.
This is a soc2 forum but since you brought up about East and Green we can talk again come November.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Wow so Minford developed a kid at QB for 2 years as a very raw underclassmen, and he up and goes to Eastern.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I'm hearing nothing but good things coming out of Waverly. From the facility (more upgrades on the way to compliment the new turf field and new stands) to the coaching staff, to the players, everything looks promising. This should be a fun season.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

so the burg looses 16 seniors, starting QB (who was the offense player of the year), 4 offense starting lineman, TE, RB and they are loaded? I don't see it? Varsity and JV are too different teams and hard to compare. I believe the SOC 2 is a toss up between Minford, burg, waverly and West. Valley will be hurting.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

marshallman wrote:so the burg looses 16 seniors, starting QB (who was the offense player of the year), 4 offense starting lineman, TE, RB and they are loaded? I don't see it? Varsity and JV are too different teams and hard to compare. I believe the SOC 2 is a toss up between Minford, burg, waverly and West. Valley will be hurting.
I'm not going to name them all but looking at last years roster I count 11-12 kids returning that saw a lot of playing time. There are a lot of athletes that didn't see much time that should be as good if not better then some of the players there replacing. There are a couple kids they lost that will be tough to replace.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Toast,
I think there is a new "attitude" at Waverly. 7-3 was very realistic last year but 5-5 wasn't bad considering everything they went through.
I have counted right at 50 kids out and they are working hard. They just got a WR/DB move in from Lebanon who looks to help out.
Clayton Howell will be the QB from day one so the controversy leading into the opening game last season won't be there this time.
QB, RB's, WR's will be SOLID. A couple starting lineman return so some promising younger guys get their turn.
Not sure about the D-line but linebackers and DB's should be pretty solid.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

fbnut wrote:
marshallman wrote:so the burg looses 16 seniors, starting QB (who was the offense player of the year), 4 offense starting lineman, TE, RB and they are loaded? I don't see it? Varsity and JV are too different teams and hard to compare. I believe the SOC 2 is a toss up between Minford, burg, waverly and West. Valley will be hurting.
I'm not going to name them all but looking at last years roster I count 11-12 kids returning that saw a lot of playing time. There are a lot of athletes that didn't see much time that should be as good if not better then some of the players there replacing. There are a couple kids they lost that will be tough to replace.
I look for either a 9-1 or 10-0 record. I think the only challenge until the playoffs will be jackson

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

burg coaches always seem to find a qb. the burg has graduated a lot of very good qb's the last decade but they never seem to miss a beat at that position.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Burg runs a fancy looking offense, but those hosses they had up front made the team go the last couple years. Very underrated quarterback and running back graduated also. The backups looked good, but they were doing that after the starters had the opponent already beat down. And truthfully football was so bad around here last year that most of the opponents weren't anything more than glorified jv teams anyways. Burg will still be good and could still go undefeated, but they won't be near as dominate themselves and the area teams should be better.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
fbnut wrote:
I look for either a 9-1 or 10-0 record. I think the only challenge until the playoffs will be jackson
If I am reading the Jackson 2016 thread/topic correctly it indicates they have had a transfer and now I guess an unfortunate injury of two of their All-Ohio players from last year. So they may not be as much of a challenge, but 9-1 or 10-0 is pretty much the expectation.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

fbnut wrote:
The Burg program has evolved to the point of not only physical dominance but also mental dominance in southern Ohio. Simply put, the Pirates expect to win, their opponents do not. That alone will give the Burg the edge against SOC foes who may have somewhat comparable talent and experience.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I'm a Burg fan and it will be hard to duplicate the defense that the Burg had last year. They have some nice players coming back but Hall Darnell and several others will be hard to replace. It will take a few games to see how this years defense stacks up. I think the offense could be as good as last years.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Another league with a bunch of teams I like.

I agree the Burg takes this league.

I would love to see Waverly have one of those season, that shocks not only the area but the state.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be extremely difficult to handle on the offensive side of the ball if they can put together a line. They have plenty of lineman to choose from but they've not been put in the starting role. Defense will be just as good. They kept their d line and linebackers from last year. Darnell was great. Hard to replace him. Burg is good for the next two maybe three seasons then they thin out a little. Way to far in the future to predict what will become of those classes but right now burg is the favorite for soc and region.

Return to “Football”