Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

IBTT
All Conference

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by IBTT »

I see this as being a much closer game than the burg faithful expect. Ironton is, in my opinion, going to be a much better overall football team this year. Last year, Ironton had a lot of mental mistakes. This year, this group is very football smart. They have played together for years and they play well together. Some kids who hadn't played in a number of years are finally playing. This group was the best Ironton team in years when they were young, but many of the kids quit playing. If I am hearing things correctly, the pieces are coming together.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

P(irate) wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:cg you sir, need to take the arntun part off'n your name. you have went plumb atwixt with yer predictions man.
I guess we'll have to make you a believer agin.
He just doesn't want to walk to Burg again thus year.

that's a long haul afoot.
I would have thumbed there and had them let me off a block from the stadium. work smarter, not harder.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote:I see this as being a much closer game than the burg faithful expect. Ironton is, in my opinion, going to be a much better overall football team this year. Last year, Ironton had a lot of mental mistakes. This year, this group is very football smart. They have played together for years and they play well together. Some kids who hadn't played in a number of years are finally playing. This group was the best Ironton team in years when they were young, but many of the kids quit playing. If I am hearing things correctly, the pieces are coming together.

that will be awesome. but 1st and foremost we have to be way more disciplined than the past 7/8 years. and better coaching as well, especially offensively. football even in high school has changed a tremendous amount.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope this is a year of many victories, and playoff wins. but nobody is more important than burg right now.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

IBTT wrote:I see this as being a much closer game than the burg faithful expect. Ironton is, in my opinion, going to be a much better overall football team this year. Last year, Ironton had a lot of mental mistakes. This year, this group is very football smart. They have played together for years and they play well together. Some kids who hadn't played in a number of years are finally playing. This group was the best Ironton team in years when they were young, but many of the kids quit playing. If I am hearing things correctly, the pieces are coming together.
The Kool-Aid is ice cold and being poured in tall glasses down in I-Town. I love it, can't wait for Week 1 to get here.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Abe Froman wrote:
The Kool-Aid is ice cold and being poured in tall glasses down in I-Town. I love it, can't wait for Week 1 to get here.
I can't wait either :D

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Just sip on that ice-cold Kool-Aid for the time being, y'all. Don't want anyone getting any brain freezes and making crazy bets like walking down 52 this year.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Here we go again. I hope they don't drug test at your work.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I agree that Irontons backfield could wind up being the best we've had in quite some time . The big question will be the line, how tough will they be with 4 year starter Tyler Webb anchoring it.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

You have a better back than Palladino in your backfield this year?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

How far back are you talking because I've seen these kids play since jr high and they have never been anywhere near the way your describing them?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I ain't drinkin no kool said. just got a feeling.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Abe Froman wrote:You have a better back than Palladino in your backfield this year?
We have 2 RB's better than Palladino this year.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

I've heard such contradicitng reports on Ironton that it's hard to tell what to believe. Though im leaning heavily towards this is a 4-6, 3-7 type team based on returning starters from last year. The best backfield in years talk is quite a statement too.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:You have a better back than Palladino in your backfield this year?
We have 2 RB's better than Palladino this year.
So Scott I assume is one you reffering to but who would the other be?

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

JTEK wrote:
How far back are you talking because I've seen these kids play since jr high and they have never been anywhere near the way your describing them?
When this group was in the 6th grade they had close to 35 kids in the 8th grade alone. Ironton had two teams playing in the ovc grade school championship game. Ironton teams finished 1 & 2. They were six points away from each other. From end to end on the one team's line the average weight was over 220, this being in the 6th grade. Since then, these kids have had numerous injuries, kids have played one sport(baseball or basketball), or moved away. Now many of them have decided to finish strong and come back together as seniors. This group of kids have a good attitude. They are together as a team. Ironton hasn't had a close nit team for a few years. They want to win and believe they are going to win. This backfield is very solid and there are a number of returning starters.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Someone spiked the Kool Aid jug.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote:
JTEK wrote:
When this group was in the 6th grade they had close to 35 kids in the 8th grade alone. Ironton had two teams playing in the ovc grade school championship game. Ironton teams finished 1 & 2. They were six points away from each other. From end to end on the one team's line the average weight was over 220, this being in the 6th grade. Since then, these kids have had numerous injuries, kids have played one sport(baseball or basketball), or moved away. Now many of them have decided to finish strong and come back together as seniors. This group of kids have a good attitude. They are together as a team. Ironton hasn't had a close nit team for a few years. They want to win and believe they are going to win. This backfield is very solid and there are a number of returning starters.
What class are you talking about? I don't remember this years senior class ever being very good in anything. Saying they haven't been very good in football is being generous. I don't remember the junior class ever being that good in football either. It's quite a reach to say we're going to be successful because we had a hell of a team when they were in 6th grade.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Yall are weaving quite a Web here.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

ITBB has been dead on with his predictions over the years guys, Dead on the money.

Oh wait, that's right we heard this same stuff last year didn't we? And how did his predictions turn out last year? Teams were going to be terrified of that defense remember?

Return to “Football”