IRONTON TIGERS

IBTT
All Conference

Re: IRONTON TIGERS

Post by IBTT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:What grade is the 6'7 325 lb kid in. He's a big boy, I don't see him playing both ways though. It Sure was fun watching him and Webb going at it during one on one line drills.
He is also a senior. He was a beast the last couple of practices. With him and Webb at the tackle spots it could be tough for defenses to go up the middle. Our linebackers will be solid this year and the defensive backfield has a number of options, with everyone back this year from last season along with a couple of new faces thrown in the mix. Looks like our DE's will be solid as well.

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

How about a Roster?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Oak wrote:Three D1 players. Best running back in the state. Nasty defense with tremendous depth of players that can whip 4 guys a piece. What a team.
Slowly building sarcasm ending with a tinge of pen•* NVEE from a sapling.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

fbnut wrote:
Oak wrote:Three D1 players. Best running back in the state. Nasty defense with tremendous depth of players that can whip 4 guys a piece. What a team.
Go back to the old forum and read some of the posts from many of these same posters leading up to last season. Pretty much the same stuff, "10-0 season, best group of backs in the state, teams will fear for their life after a few plays,no one will be able to play with us", the same exaggerated weights, 40 times and recruiting stuff as well

Sometimes a bit of exaggeration leads to a slot 8 post season play. Just enough to dangle some meat in front of the youngsters!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

IBTT wrote:From what I saw out of the team, they have a lot of talent, the group has a chip on their shoulders this year with everything to prove. This group of seniors were looked on by many a few years back as the next great Ironton team. With a number of injuries and a few of them over the years deciding to play only one sport, this group has never come together. Until... I believe with the amount of kids who have made it back on the team this season who haven't played for a while, along with the younger classes having the wholes plugged in, it could get real interesting. Our receiving corps look great, the backfield looks awesome and the line may have a couple of spots filled with shorter, but very quick and strong kids. Let's all sit back and see what this bunch of kids put together this year. It is all up to them what happens from here.
You're always so positive & informed. I gotta give you props for that. But, being a tiger fan for many years, I'm gonna say:"we are JUST Ironton" & we Are still here.

Good luck to the network of ALL of the SEO kids involved. Here's a shout for injury free & a shout to all that support their school!!!

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

Who is 6'7"/325? Don't remember anyone of that height. Nice size bookends though.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jukeboxer wrote:Who is 6'7"/325? Don't remember anyone of that height. Nice size bookends though.
I don't know his name but he's definitely bigger than Webb. Watching them two going one on one was fun to watch.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Jukeboxer wrote:Who is 6'7"/325? Don't remember anyone of that height. Nice size bookends though.
I don't know his name but he's definitely bigger than Webb. Watching them two going one on one was fun to watch.

Does that make four D1 recruits now?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Abe Froman wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

Does that make four D1 recruits now?
I wouldn't go as far as to say that, he's a big boy though. It takes a special kind of player to make it to D1 and be successful.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Question is is it muscle or fat? The big boys from the Brug found out last year what it is like to play against 210 - 225 pounds of muscle in their last game. I do remember it was a running clock on them. If you have a hard body not only will you be hard but hard to beat too.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

One good thing about both of these two boys are that they both have good feet and both are quick for big men. I will have to say that Webb is in the best shape I have ever seen him in. He will be fun to watch this year. Both of these boys look like Giants. To Look at this group today at media day and see that we have over 50 kids on our team it was a good day for Ironton Athletics. To see that we have a very solid backfield with undoubtedly the quickest running back in southern ohio along with a couple of power backs and then other solid quick backs. To see that we have those two big boys on either side of the line with a solid big man in the middle and two very big powerful kids who are set to come off their injuries just before the burg game. Our receivers are solid, with having the top two back from last season. Defensively our team looks to be much quicker and tougher. This should be a good year folks. Can't wait to see what they will do.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

Roster?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

some big ole boys and with 51/52 out. hope that relates to some much needed depth.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree discipline will be what makes this Ironton a very good team or a mediocre team.
Penalties lost focus killed them last year and can do the same this year if they do not get it together.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED DISCIPLINE WISE. BUT IT HAS GOTTEN WORSE. THIS NEEDS TO BE A YEAR OF CHANGE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Is Ironton playing in a jamboree game?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

No discipline will kill a program ! Back in the day Buddy Moore for GAHS did not put up with any BS ! He would be in jail today / With all the new rules ! Made me a better person.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote:Is Ironton playing in a jamboree game?
The Fighting Tigers have a scrimmage away this Friday.

Pop80
Waterboy

Post by Pop80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
wobycat wrote:Is Ironton playing in a jamboree game?
The Fighting Tigers have a scrimmage away this Friday.
Against Westfall.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED IT. VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE A 2ND SCRIMMAGE IN MY OPINION.

Return to “Football”