Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg rolls. Running clock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well I declare you'd be plumb slap silly if you didn't realize how many brand new posters and fans burg picks up during ironton/burg week. it's like everybody wants to see them fighting tigers get beat. they musta wirebrushed a lot a team's tails in the past. it's plumb crazy how any/everybody all the sudden becomes burg fans.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg 35
Ironton 7
Final

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:OLE YTB'S EARLY PREDICTION::

THE FIGHTING TIGERS ARE SET TO LOAD UP THE OLE PIRATE SHIP IN A VIOLENT TAKEOVER OF THE SHIP. AND CLAIM THE NEW CAP'NS SEAT. THE TIGERS ARE READY TO ROLL INTO SCIOTO COUNTY AND KICK BUTT AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM, AND THEY'RE ALL OUTTA BUBBLE GUM.
Bubble gum is the consolation prize. No need to worry.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'll be surprised if burg wins by that much. I highly doubt they do. Going with
28-13 right now with burg sealing it late until I see more or hear more after Friday night.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:well I declare you'd be plumb slap silly if you didn't realize how many brand new posters and fans burg picks up during ironton/burg week. it's like everybody wants to see them fighting tigers get beat. they musta wirebrushed a lot a team's tails in the past. it's plumb crazy how any/everybody all the sudden becomes burg fans.
Old bait can't take all the truth coming his way. Lol who is new?

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

take some ear plugs and bring some extra ammo for that cannon!!!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I laugh at the preps score prediction. Hopefully I am not way off on this one, but until people see what Ironton has to match up with Burg this year they will only be going on last season and the prior couple of season's finishes. Seeing both groups of athletes myself, especially after Ironton adds the two speed backs and safety and corner, not to mention the defensive end, if Ironton don't blow it on dumb mistakes I believe Ironton could win this by up to three touchdowns.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

IBTT wrote:I laugh at the preps score prediction. Hopefully I am not way off on this one, but until people see what Ironton has to match up with Burg this year they will only be going on last season and the prior couple of season's finishes. Seeing both groups of athletes myself, especially after Ironton adds the two speed backs and safety and corner, not to mention the defensive end, if Ironton don't blow it on dumb mistakes I believe Ironton could win this by up to three touchdowns.
Your postings remind me of a song from the 70's.
The singers name was Gary Wright.
The song was DREAM WEAVER

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Now IBTT, come on. 3 scores? What are you smokin? I admit you are keeping thus thread interesting, however your outlandish documentation of your opinion has left me baffled. Please tell me how Ironton scores 3 more touchdowns than Burg. You have to remember you guys are coming to Burg, and there is no way Ironton wins by 3 TD's.
I'm going to pull a CG here. If Ironton wins by 3 TD's I'll DRIVE my happy a $$ to Ironton and take you to breakfast my friend.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Let's look at this objectively, not because I saw the athletes and compared them.

Coaching - advantage burg. Coach vass has not been given much help because Ironton has changed so much in the last 5 years. The population of students have dwindled to burgs size. Since then burg has had the advantage.

Special teams - advantage burg. Burg always has potential for element of surprise plus they execute it well.

Defense - advantage burg. I only give the advantage to burg here because of what I saw in Chillicothe scrimmage. They are very fast to the ball. I've not seen Irontons defense but until they prove they can defend the pass, burg gets the nod.

Offense - edge to Ironton. Ironton has the big line and I'm going on the fact that overall the backfield will be more physical according to the Ironton posters. I'm not buying Scott as good as Palladino until I see it. Palladino was really good. Burg is ushering in a new line and a new QB. For that edge goes to Ironton.

This will all be settled by the players on the field and not by us posters, whom honestly have no idea what will happen.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

If Ironton can play under control and is conditioned properly they can stay with the Pirates and possibly win a close game.
problem is Ironton has not played under control and been conditioned to stay with the Pirates.
This where Ironton sees a improvement in the coaching staff or a realization that this may not be the staff to lead Ironton in the future.
A close win or loss will be telling a Blow out to the Pirates will devastating to this Ironton coaching staff and team.
I root for a Ironton win but a close loss will hurt but may show where this team may be heading if they can build on that.
Wheelersburg quite simply is the Cream of the crop in Southeastern Ohio for this Division and a great measuring for a Ironton team.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

one wk away. time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

wobycat wrote:Let's look at this objectively, not because I saw the athletes and compared them.

Coaching - advantage burg. Coach vass has not been given much help because Ironton has changed so much in the last 5 years. The population of students have dwindled to burgs size. Since then burg has had the advantage.

Special teams - advantage burg. Burg always has potential for element of surprise plus they execute it well.

Defense - advantage burg. I only give the advantage to burg here because of what I saw in Chillicothe scrimmage. They are very fast to the ball. I've not seen Irontons defense but until they prove they can defend the pass, burg gets the nod.

Offense - edge to Ironton. Ironton has the big line and I'm going on the fact that overall the backfield will be more physical according to the Ironton posters. I'm not buying Scott as good as Palladino until I see it. Palladino was really good. Burg is ushering in a new line and a new QB. For that edge goes to Ironton.

This will all be settled by the players on the field and not by us posters, whom honestly have no idea what will happen.
Coaching, I will give it to you, as across the board Wheelersburg has a very strong staff that have prepared as well as they can for the whole year ahead, not just a short month or so. However, Ironton has improved on their coaching staff by bringing back Lutz's offensive coordinator in Mike Burcham for big games and his son working the press box.

Special teams Burg has been strong over the years, however for the first time in a while, Ironton has an equatable kicker who has been kicking 45 yarders. Also they will have a sure handed speed back who can change direction in Scott. Last year the whole momentum shifted after Ironton had held the Burg and then after a punt Ironton muffed it and turned it over. That was the difference in the game in my opinion. Burg followed it up with the go ahead score.

Scott, although he hasn't shown it in Ironton Orange and Black, I'm telling you, get ready. He is a beast. One fine athlete and a fine kid. He will be the top back in southern Ohio this year imo. His highlights from last year are amazing. So far in practice, the kid is everything we expected and more.

Defensively, Ironton is huge. Ironton will be fast. I know Burg is fast. I think both teams will be close here with Ironton being able to run on Burg enough. I doubt burg can score on the Tigers this year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:
wobycat wrote:Let's look at this objectively, not because I saw the athletes and compared them.

Coaching, I will give it to you, as across the board Wheelersburg has a very strong staff that have prepared as well as they can for the whole year ahead, not just a short month or so. However, Ironton has improved on their coaching staff by bringing back Lutz's offensive coordinator in Mike Burcham for big games and his son working the press box.

Special teams Burg has been strong over the years, however for the first time in a while, Ironton has an equatable kicker who has been kicking 45 yarders. Also they will have a sure handed speed back who can change direction in Scott. Last year the whole momentum shifted after Ironton had held the Burg and then after a punt Ironton muffed it and turned it over. That was the difference in the game in my opinion. Burg followed it up with the go ahead score.

Scott, although he hasn't shown it in Ironton Orange and Black, I'm telling you, get ready. He is a beast. One fine athlete and a fine kid. He will be the top back in southern Ohio this year imo. His highlights from last year are amazing. So far in practice, the kid is everything we expected and more.

Defensively, Ironton is huge. Ironton will be fast. I know Burg is fast. I think both teams will be close here with Ironton being able to run on Burg enough. I doubt burg can score on the Tigers this year.
Who TF ties your shoes?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

P(irate) wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:OLE YTB'S EARLY PREDICTION::

THE FIGHTING TIGERS ARE SET TO LOAD UP THE OLE PIRATE SHIP IN A VIOLENT TAKEOVER OF THE SHIP. AND CLAIM THE NEW CAP'NS SEAT. THE TIGERS ARE READY TO ROLL INTO SCIOTO COUNTY AND KICK BUTT AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM, AND THEY'RE ALL OUTTA BUBBLE GUM.
Bubble gum is the consolation prize. No need to worry.

i'll stuff my mouthpiece full a bubble gum if burg wins irate

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad6 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:well I declare you'd be plumb slap silly if you didn't realize how many brand new posters and fans burg picks up during ironton/burg week. it's like everybody wants to see them fighting tigers get beat. they musta wirebrushed a lot a team's tails in the past. it's plumb crazy how any/everybody all the sudden becomes burg fans.
Old bait can't take all the truth coming his way. Lol who is new?

I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, EH !!!!!!!!!!!! THEY OUGHTA SAY THAT IN A MOVIE.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

IBTT wrote:I laugh at the preps score prediction. Hopefully I am not way off on this one, but until people see what Ironton has to match up with Burg this year they will only be going on last season and the prior couple of season's finishes. Seeing both groups of athletes myself, especially after Ironton adds the two speed backs and safety and corner, not to mention the defensive end, if Ironton don't blow it on dumb mistakes I believe Ironton could win this by up to three touchdowns.
You say "Hopefully I am not way off on this one" ... and then predict an up to 3 TD win. Last time Burg got beat by 3 TD's at home was a couple years ago, Ironton has been on the 3 TD deficit multiple times per year for a while now. Don't get me wrong it could happen to Burg again I suppose, but I am just not seeing it coming from Ironton.

You say "Ironton adds two speed backs" ... I have been involved in this game for a long time and get a chuckle with your "speed back" terminology, but ok I get it, in practice and when in shorts and a tee shirt he is fast. News flash, the game is football not track, and we play in pads with 11 guys looking to knock your block off. There wont be cones set up for a forty-time Friday night, there will be 11 guys in pads looking to do damage though.

But again, I give you props for sticking to your guns.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Mad-Dogg wrote:one wk away. time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

THERES WHAT I BEEN A WAITIN ON, IT AIN'T A BURG THREAD WITHOUT DOGG'S FIGHT SONG. WE'RE GONNA FILL THEM TUBA'S WITH ORANGE BUBBLE GUM, AND KEEP THEM MILK JUGS QUIET THIS YEAR.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

YTB.... I would love to see Ironton win as I am an OVC fan so wanting the tigers to lose I don't want to happen. It just gets under my skin how irrational and big headed most Ironton Fans are, they are like UK Basketball Fans. Ironton proved nothing last year other than It could win the lowly OVC by the skin of their teeth. I get sick of hearing that Ironton has "Saved" the OVC... What does that even mean? And then this year for people to make assumptions they are going to roll burg or go 10-0 is way outlandish and very unlikely. Im not even sure where these ideas come from? How can you make those assumptions after being DESTROYED by Burg the past however many years, not being very good last year, and not looking very good in the pre season this year? I go back to the previews, ok I get you don't show much in previews and some starters were out but Portsmouth had starters out and didn't show much either but what Portsmouth did do was outwork and out hustle the Tigers on every Snap... I am sorry but if you cant get up and go hard every play when you finally get to see a different color jersey for the first time then something is wrong! If you don't play hard in a scrimmage are you playing hard in practice and are you going to play hard when the lights are on on Fridays? Something else Ironton really doesn't have going for them is Coaching staff! Their Coaching staff falls behind Chesapeakes, Portsmouths, Rock Hills, and possibly Coal Groves depending on how Kidd does this year. Their Coaching staff is par at best and I look for this to be their last year\.

Return to “Football”