Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

BigChuck
JV Team

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by BigChuck »

darn!!!! Ironton went to Georgia, found the reincarnation of Bo Jackson and brought him back. When is the 30for30? I can't wait to watch it!! And how are kids just showing up now from everywhere??? Somebody must have heard the whispers "If you turf it, they will come".

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Ironton better be careful. They will have them a thread on here about like the one for Massilon if they ain't careful.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Do people really believe this crap?

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Do you have any idea how many 4.4 kids don't have recruiting profiles on the major sites? NONE! This young man may come home and dominate the OVC. I wish him the best. But "South Carolina wants him bad" is a complete load of crap. The SEC isn't offering kids without it getting picked up by a major recruiting site in this day and age. It amazes me that people actually believe this stuff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

honestly I think the Georgia kid relocated here as a result of hurricane Katrina.at least that is what I heard. like I said , I know none of these young'uns anymore. probably know bout all the parents. but not the kids. and i'll be 56 in a few months.so it's been a bit.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

in my posts I've been as honest as I possibly could be.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:honestly I think the Georgia kid relocated here as a result of hurricane Katrina.at least that is what I heard. like I said , I know none of these young'uns anymore. probably know bout all the parents. but not the kids. and i'll be 56 in a few months.so it's been a bit.
The kid would have been 6 years old during Katrina.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

[quote="noreply66"]I have no bitterness towards Ironton many of times on here I have praised the Tigers. They left because they couldn't beat the big boys. Many of times on here Ironton has been mentioned to travel and play anyone so the travel thing doesn't really hold up. Teams beating Ironton while in the SEOAL the last time was Zanesville, Logan, Jackson and Chillicothe and some other were just close wins. And now if the league was still together you could add Athens to that. Ten teams and and five would beat you giving you four wins in the league and those 5 are the big boys.[/

the great thing about bein an American is we are all free to have opinions. and obviously this is yours. I still say it's a can that's better left with the lid on it. ----------------------------------------------- now back to ironton/burg.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Crab's Brother wrote:Do people really believe this crap?

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Do you have any idea how many 4.4 kids don't have recruiting profiles on the major sites? NONE! This young man may come home and dominate the OVC. I wish him the best. But "South Carolina wants him bad" is a complete load of crap. The SEC isn't offering kids without it getting picked up by a major recruiting site in this day and age. It amazes me that people actually believe this stuff.

I have a couple of friends in Ironton. This guy evidently is the laughing stock in town and everyone knows he is full of crap. Embarrassment to Ironton.

He predicted 35-0 last year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Crab's Brother wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:honestly I think the Georgia kid relocated here as a result of hurricane Katrina.at least that is what I heard. like I said , I know none of these young'uns anymore. probably know bout all the parents. but not the kids. and i'll be 56 in a few months.so it's been a bit.

like I said I have no idea. a lot of people relocated then. just what I heard -- possibly family in ironton.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

I bet Urban Meyer gets dropped down from a helicopter just to have a chance to recruit all these great athletes.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I don't want to take anything away from the kid and I hope he has a great year but the results and stats from his team last year certainly don't live up to the allworld hype the young man is getting on here.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
He did, he went to Ironton schools for several years before moving to Georgia.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

After watching politics and the Olympics for 2 straight weeks, I needed some diversion.

Sounds like the ninety boys suiting up for Burg next Friday will have a tremendous challenge against this year's Ironton team, who is represented to be reminiscent of the 1985 Chicago Bears. From everything I'm reading, I am seeing that this year's Ironton will be the greatest team in the history of Ohio High School Football, regardless of division.

We'll come back late next Friday night and see who was right. Prediction: Burg 42- Ironton 3.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Burg4 wrote:After watching politics and the Olympics for 2 straight weeks, I needed some diversion.

Sounds like the ninety boys suiting up for Burg next Friday will have a tremendous challenge against this year's Ironton team, who is represented to be reminiscent of the 1985 Chicago Bears. From everything I'm reading, I am seeing that this year's Ironton will be the greatest team in the history of Ohio High School Football, regardless of division.

We'll come back late next Friday night and see who was right. Prediction: Burg 42- Ironton 3.
Hey, at least you're giving our FG kicker some credit :)

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I'm not sure with half of the tigers starters returning next week how they could possible make it through the game on Friday. No way they will be in shape and if they don't start practice until Tues they will be sore and wont have any legs by gametime.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Okay I was buying into all this hype until you mentioned that Ironton would only score 3 points. Hahaha everybody knows that Ironton has never had a kicking game !!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironmen44 wrote:Okay I was buying into all this hype until you mentioned that Ironton would only score 3 points. Hahaha everybody knows that Ironton has never had a kicking game !!
We actually have a very good FG Kicker this year. He attended several camps this year and has vastly improved. I've watched him in practice kick 30 yarders with lots of room to spare.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

IBTT wrote:As far as the comment on special teams, Ironton has been working hard on that for weeks now. The game won't be lost on special teams this season. To go a step further, just remember me saying the name Scott. All I know is a burg fan/parent showed up at a practice this week and saw this individual and shook his head and said he too thought Burg would be pretty good this season until he got a look at this young man. His words were "we don't have anything for him". I watched him in pads today and Yes the boy is real good. With another 250 pound lineman starting practice today from West Virginia with a 400+ bench press along with 6 starters being available come next Tuesday.

The practice for once is rocking. There were 50+ people watching practice tonight. The kids are excited for the first time in years during practice. The kids all have competition for their positions. It all makes a big difference. The freshman team has right at 17 kids, four of them are second/third team. There are now 57 kids on this team with maybe one more senior lineman to join tomorrow. Did I mention this kid is a football player, not a track star. His two 4.4 times were after watching practice from the sideline for hours. Not stretched out, not warmed up. Watching him move, it will be a fun time watching this kid this year and many more to come.

Yes we know about the kid that is faster than Braxton Miller's 4.51 time at this year's NFL combine.

But the 400# bench press kid is a new one. Are you up to 5 or is it now 6 D1 college players on your team this year. I am losing track.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Yes we know about the kid that is faster than Braxton Miller's 4.51 time at this year's NFL combine.

But the 400# bench press kid is a new one. Are you up to 5 or is it now 6 D1 college players on your team this year. I am losing track.[/quote]

Again, high school 40s and NFL 40s are done completely different, but you know football and I shouldn't have to explain that to you. As far as the 400 bench, as of last football season before this kid had to move away, he was already benching 400 pounds. Very strong, hasn't had a lot of experience playing the game. He is a junior and just might help out this year. Doesn't hurt to add a big body to the team.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton this year will put a good team on the field that will be exciting to watch. They will be tough to beat. Can Burg beat them, of course. In high school sports anything can happen. Does Ironton have a much improved team this year? I guess we will know somewhat next Friday night, but to know this team will be to see where they are week 10. Burg and Ironton have always put a good product on the field, maybe Ironton has had a couple of down years the last 6/7 years. Even with that being said, many local teams would have loved to have been as good as Ironton was during the down years. Ironton made the playoffs almost every year in the last 7 years.

It is a stretch to ever think either team will blow either away. It has happened I think twice in all of the games between the two. This has became the rivalry game now to the kids playing above all other teams. It's for the season bragging rights while almost certain to face off again in the playoffs. This year I am going with the Tigers, it just looks like they have it together this year. You know what they say about opinions. This is mine.

As long as the numbers continue, it looks like to me that Ironton will be a good team for years to come with the talent coming up.

Return to “Football”