Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

IBTT
All Conference

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by IBTT »

Crab's Brother wrote:Do people really believe this crap?

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Do you have any idea how many 4.4 kids don't have recruiting profiles on the major sites? NONE! This young man may come home and dominate the OVC. I wish him the best. But "South Carolina wants him bad" is a complete load of crap. The SEC isn't offering kids without it getting picked up by a major recruiting site in this day and age. It amazes me that people actually believe this stuff.
Bud, you must not know as much as you think you do about football, at least high school football and how they get recruited. It has zero to do with recruiting sites. Absolutely ZERO!!! A kid could show up to the one day Ohio State football camp in June with no profile at all. Never played one game of football in his life. If he had one of the, and I didn't say the best, one of the best broad jumps out of the day, he is going immediately on their radar. If he impresses any coach during that camp for any certain reason, he is going on their radar. They again don't have to have a profile, recruiting profile whatsoever, just one good day at one camp. This goes for any college in the United States. If this kid runs a 4.4 at for instance, The Best of the Midwest combine in Indianapolis, he will be getting called by everyone.

This kid moved to this school late last year and he didn't get a lot of touches. He had a great average per carry when he did and shined on defense. His coach turned in his numbers to three schools after the season and they sent film. Those three schools are very interested in him, but as any school would do, they are awaiting his highlight tapes from this season. I expect a very good year.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Burg4 wrote:After watching politics and the Olympics for 2 straight weeks, I needed some diversion.

Sounds like the ninety boys suiting up for Burg next Friday will have a tremendous challenge against this year's Ironton team, who is represented to be reminiscent of the 1985 Chicago Bears. From everything I'm reading, I am seeing that this year's Ironton will be the greatest team in the history of Ohio High School Football, regardless of division.

We'll come back late next Friday night and see who was right. Prediction: Burg 42- Ironton 3.

Hee hee! Thanks for a much needed bit of laughter from all the bs posts.
I, too, have been watching tons of Olympics & speeches, liars, & hatred on tv. (Not saying you think there are liars in politics),
I decided to check in on things & I just got cow dung on my new shoes here in Orlando. That's some deep sh*t on here.
I heard the fighting tigers look pretty decent in practice. Several good BACK's, but NO1 with breakout speed, & they still Need some conditioning work & a shot of discipline or the air will have many yellow flags again.
I Trust my former tiger player's opinion who played in the state finals era again this year as He was dead on last year!!!
Gotigersgo!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

IBTT wrote:

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Do you have any idea how many 4.4 kids don't have recruiting profiles on the major sites? NONE! This young man may come home and dominate the OVC. I wish him the best. But "South Carolina wants him bad" is a complete load of crap. The SEC isn't offering kids without it getting picked up by a major recruiting site in this day and age. It amazes me that people actually believe this stuff.
Bud, you must not know as much as you think you do about football, at least high school football and how they get recruited. It has zero to do with recruiting sites. Absolutely ZERO!!! A kid could show up to the one day Ohio State football camp in June with no profile at all. Never played one game of football in his life. If he had one of the, and I didn't say the best, one of the best broad jumps out of the day, he is going immediately on their radar. If he impresses any coach during that camp for any certain reason, he is going on their radar. They again don't have to have a profile, recruiting profile whatsoever, just one good day at one camp. This goes for any college in the United States. If this kid runs a 4.4 at for instance, The Best of the Midwest combine in Indianapolis, he will be getting called by everyone.

This kid moved to this school late last year and he didn't get a lot of touches. He had a great average per carry when he did and shined on defense. His coach turned in his numbers to three schools after the season and they sent film. Those three schools are very interested in him, but as any school would do, they are awaiting his highlight tapes from this season. I expect a very good year.
Dude. You are digging a hole. You alone are bringing this site down. We get it ironton has improved. But to hear you talk, they can beat the seahawks. I personally hope this game is a close one. Although I think the pirates will come out on top. I have no problem if we lose to a team that is a good as you say. I have several friends in ironton. They say the Scott kid is good, but he's not d1good. As a matter of fact. They all agree that he's not even as good as palladino.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
IBTT wrote:

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Dude. You are digging a hole. You alone are bringing this site down. We get it ironton has improved. But to hear you talk, they can beat the seahawks. I personally hope this game is a close one. Although I think the pirates will come out on top. I have no problem if we lose to a team that is a good as you say. I have several friends in ironton. They say the Scott kid is good, but he's not d1good. As a matter of fact. They all agree that he's not even as good as palladino.
Oh you just took the lid off another can there BG6. (Cue a 3 paragraph response from IBTT.)

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

IBTT wrote:Bud, you must not know as much as you think you do about football, at least high school football and how they get recruited. It has zero to do with recruiting sites. Absolutely ZERO!!! A kid could show up to the one day Ohio State football camp in June with no profile at all. Never played one game of football in his life. If he had one of the, and I didn't say the best, one of the best broad jumps out of the day, he is going immediately on their radar. If he impresses any coach during that camp for any certain reason, he is going on their radar. They again don't have to have a profile, recruiting profile whatsoever, just one good day at one camp. This goes for any college in the United States. If this kid runs a 4.4 at for instance, The Best of the Midwest combine in Indianapolis, he will be getting called by everyone.

Stop, no one (I don't care if you go on first move and first body part to cross or laser this or laser that) that runs a 11.6 100 Meter runs a 4.4 40 Yd Dash.

They don't equate. Period. The end.

Chances are if you are a senior now and not on the radar, you aren't going to be, but whatever you say.

Do the kids a favor and let them compete next Friday and it is what it is. You will either be absolutely brilliant or we won't hear from you for a month or so lol.

Good luck to all the kids playing in this one.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

IBTT wrote:

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Right or wrong this is what I found on max preps
His team was 1-9, only win came against a 2-8 team, Avg score of the 9 losses was 47-6
they had stats from 5 games so I'm assuming that's how many he played in, he played in week 1 and 2 and not again until weeks 8-9-10
1rushing td, 1 rec td, 1 int ret for a td
141 rushing yds, 7 yds/rush
120 rec yds, 20 yds/catch
1 kickoff ret for 16yds
his last game he carried the ball 12 times for 12 yds
hope the young man has a good season with the tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
IBTT wrote:

400 lb benches?

4.4 40's?

Personally, I think he's going to be better than Palladino.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

11.6 100 Meter = 4.64 40 Yd Dash.

I can buy that.

Keep in mind 4.64 in High School is flying, so that is still very strong.

If he is better than Palladino then Burg has their hands full.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

IBTT wrote:Ironton this year will put a good team on the field that will be exciting to watch. They will be tough to beat. Can Burg beat them, of course. In high school sports anything can happen. Does Ironton have a much improved team this year? I guess we will know somewhat next Friday night, but to know this team will be to see where they are week 10. Burg and Ironton have always put a good product on the field, maybe Ironton has had a couple of down years the last 6/7 years. Even with that being said, many local teams would have loved to have been as good as Ironton was during the down years. Ironton made the playoffs almost every year in the last 7 years.

It is a stretch to ever think either team will blow either away. It has happened I think twice in all of the games between the two. This has became the rivalry game now to the kids playing above all other teams. It's for the season bragging rights while almost certain to face off again in the playoffs. This year I am going with the Tigers, it just looks like they have it together this year. You know what they say about opinions. This is mine.

As long as the numbers continue, it looks like to me that Ironton will be a good team for years to come with the talent coming up.
I know this is ironton and burg thread but to me and most of ironmen nation the Jackson Burg game is the biggest one of the regular season

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I'll be honest here...From what i've heard from several schools, the week their school plays Burg, that is their biggest game of the year.

The schools have their biggest pep rallies on the day they Burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg4 wrote:I'll be honest here...From what i've heard from several schools, the week their school plays Burg, that is their biggest game of the year.

The schools have their biggest pep rallies on the day they Burg.
I believe that how Burg gets stronger as the weeks go by. Everyone wants to be the one who knocks them off. They get everyone's A game, no matter how good it may be.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I have been told Patrick Lewis is the best back Ironton has had in several years and he went to Marietta. Palladino I understand received one offer and it was Not d1 but FCS.

I feel bad for the kid. He doesn't need some loud mouth writing checks for him that he might not be able to cash. Unfair to the kid, but of course it is coming from a clown so hopefully everyone considers the moronic source.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Buramgerdin wrote:I have been told Patrick Lewis is the best back Ironton has had in several years and he went to Marietta. Palladino I understand received one offer and it was Not d1 but FCS.

I feel bad for the kid. He doesn't need some loud mouth writing checks for him that he might not be able to cash. Unfair to the kid, but of course it is coming from a clown so hopefully everyone considers the moronic source.
For what it's worth I read a local papers preview and irontons coach mentioned a fullback and 3 halfbacks and the young man in question was not mentioned. There coach said they lost a lot of talent to graduation and they were going to be very young. A lot of that roster is freshman and sophomores and according to some on here some of the upperclassmen haven't played in years so not a lot of experience returning for the tigers.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Buramgerdin wrote:I have been told Patrick Lewis is the best back Ironton has had in several years and he went to Marietta. Palladino I understand received one offer and it was Not d1 but FCS.

Lewis hurt the burg but I think it might have been on special teams and a pick that went for a td. The ironton backs that have really hurt the burg over the years were there bigger power backs. They always used to seem to wear the burg down. Burg did a good job on the big FB last year though.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

A buddy of mine just told me that West and Ironton played tonight at Westfall. They played two quarters and West scored on Ironton twice and Ironton didn't score. He said the Tigers didn't look very good. I quess they wasn't showing anything tonight either.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

BigBlueNation wrote:A buddy of mine just told me that West and Ironton played tonight at Westfall. They played two quarters and West scored on Ironton twice and Ironton didn't score. He said the Tigers didn't look very good. I quess they wasn't showing anything tonight either.
Probably didn't play the D1's. If they play the Buckeyes don't have a chance.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Probably wests Super Bowl.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote:Probably wests Super Bowl.
:lol:

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Burg score is deceiving, Russell gave the burg all they could handle in the first half. Russell opened holes in the line Irontons band could have run through. Burg defense didn't cover the sweeps well either. Offense has a lot of skilled players but both lines have to be a concern

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

FCS is d1

Return to “Football”