Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

IBTT
All Conference

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by IBTT »

P(irate) wrote:
IBTT wrote:Hey boys, I'm not saying Ironton is the greatest team ever by no stretch. They have places that definitely need work. As far as teams at Ironton in the past ten years, this is probably our best. We will have to have a good game against Burg to win. Should this game go without a bunch of turnovers and penalties I do believe Ironton is the better team. Is that saying that Ironton is the best team ever. Not hardly. Burg this year is way down from last year. Let's all get real. Burg was great the past two seasons and this year look to be in a building year. With that being said, I would still put them in the top three area teams.
Here's the thing IBTT. People have said that for the past 4 years. But let me tell you my friend. Burg is reloaded. Yes there are things that they need to polish up. But as I told BurgGrad6 earlier. By the end of the regular season Burg will be running like a well oiled machine. Right now they need work, even with that said, there is no one around that can knock them off. Just wait and see. You may have a kid on the team (complete guess but seems legitimate) and I hope he has one heck of a game. But in the end, Burg is going to have their way.
Russell people say they won 10-7 over the starters. You do know they lost their whole line last season due to graduation. I know it was a scrimmage, but Burg is beatable.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
IBTT wrote:Hey boys, I'm not saying Ironton is the greatest team ever by no stretch. They have places that definitely need work. As far as teams at Ironton in the past ten years, this is probably our best. We will have to have a good game against Burg to win. Should this game go without a bunch of turnovers and penalties I do believe Ironton is the better team. Is that saying that Ironton is the best team ever. Not hardly. Burg this year is way down from last year. Let's all get real. Burg was great the past two seasons and this year look to be in a building year. With that being said, I would still put them in the top three area teams.
Here's the thing IBTT. People have said that for the past 4 years. But let me tell you my friend. Burg is reloaded. Yes there are things that they need to polish up. But as I told BurgGrad6 earlier. By the end of the regular season Burg will be running like a well oiled machine. Right now they need work, even with that said, there is no one around that can knock them off. Just wait and see. You may have a kid on the team (complete guess but seems legitimate) and I hope he has one heck of a game. But in the end, Burg is going to have their way.
Russell people say they won 10-7 over the starters. You do know they lost their whole line last season due to graduation. I know it was a scrimmage, but Burg is beatable.
Russell is just trying to scare you. Don't feed into any of. That's what we do with you and it works perfectly.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

From Bluegrass Prep Blog-evidently what some "other" Russell people say:

"Wheelersburg,Ohio would beat West Carter, but I agree West is a decent team but not Wheelersburg good who Russell led 10-7 at halftime and lost 21-10 in varsity action."

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

I'm just wondering when the Ironton cramps are scheduled for?

Also wondering what famous excuse will it be this year from the Tiger Faithful..... Not disciplined enough? Coaching problems? Too Hot? Referees? First game jitters?

I know which one won't be used........."The Better Team Won Again".

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

P(irate) wrote:Is it conceded? Or is it fact? Name the team to do it.
How about ColdH2O.. Did you forget that butt beating already.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

After the last few years Burg has been the team to beat but I will always support my Tigers whether they win or lose. 1st game of the season anything can happen it usually is close I expect nothing different this year here is to hoping to a injury free game for both teams and hope it gets back to the competitive series that it used to be right down to the wire. GOTIGERSGO

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

knightruner wrote:
Evidently you can't read. If you read earlier posts, you will see where he said teams around here. We will worry about coldwater when we get there. Until then... bye

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

IBTT wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

knightruner wrote:
I was referring to teams around here. But since you brought it up. No, actually I didn't. I venture to say, not many have. But here's the thing night rider, Burg got there to play while everyone else was sitting on the couch. That was worth every second.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

P(irate) wrote:
knightruner wrote:
I was referring to teams around here. But since you brought it up. No, actually I didn't. I venture to say, not many have. But here's the thing night rider, Burg got there to play while everyone else was sitting on the couch. That was worth every second.
Yes, Burg made it there last season. Lets all see who from this region is going to make it there this season to the semi-final game. I will always cheer on our team in this region no matter who it is. I feel like this will be Ironton this yea, and hopefully they will get to the Championship Game and win for the third time.

We are still the underdog and need to prove what we have until we will get the respect. I think this year will be that year, as Ironton has finally broken out of the funk that they have been in for a number of years. This isn't going to be a team that quits in the second half. This will be a team like Ironton is used to seeing. Can't wait for the game to start. If the kids play anything like they have been practicing, this should be an exciting ballgame for the Fighting Tiger Fans.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
knightruner wrote:
Yes, Burg made it there last season. Lets all see who from this region is going to make it there this season to the semi-final game. I will always cheer on our team in this region no matter who it is. I feel like this will be Ironton this yea, and hopefully they will get to the Championship Game and win for the third time.

We are still the underdog and need to prove what we have until we will get the respect. I think this year will be that year, as Ironton has finally broken out of the funk that they have been in for a number of years. This isn't going to be a team that quits in the second half. This will be a team like Ironton is used to seeing. Can't wait for the game to start. If the kids play anything like they have been practicing, this should be an exciting ballgame for the Fighting Tiger Fans.
One must play the first game to get out of one's funk.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

P(irate) wrote:
IBTT wrote:
P(irate) wrote: I was referring to teams around here. But since you brought it up. No, actually I didn't. I venture to say, not many have. But here's the thing night rider, Burg got there to play while everyone else was sitting on the couch. That was worth every second.

One must play the first game to get out of one's funk.
I would have to agree, however, you can almost tell before the first snap of the first game how a team is going to react on the field by how they have practiced in the preseason. A lot depends on the attitude and the heart of the players. Not just one kid or two, the team. This year's team seems to have great chemistry, this has been missing from Ironton football for a long time. This group of players seem to have that thing that makes a team run. During the Raceland 7 on 7, there was a lot of fire in these kids. That is something I haven't seen for many years and it was contagious. This bunch gets behind each other and pushes each other to do better. We will all know come Friday night.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Beach trips are over time for some Football
Go Pirates...

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

If the Ironton Tribune article is correct; I'm surprised Wheelersburg plays so many guys both ways with the number of players they have.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Westfan wrote:If the Ironton Tribune article is correct; I'm surprised Wheelersburg plays so many guys both ways with the number of players they have.
I just read that article. Lol it's not correct. We have so many different packages on offense.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

http://www.irontontribune.com/2016/08/2 ... ng-tigers/

here is the link to the article....

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

Westfan wrote:If the Ironton Tribune article is correct; I'm surprised Wheelersburg plays so many guys both ways with the number of players they have.
Burg has 8 or 9 one way players

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IS THIS A 7PM GAME OR 7:30

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:IS THIS A 7PM GAME OR 7:30

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigChuck wrote:I'm just wondering when the Ironton cramps are scheduled for?

Also wondering what famous excuse will it be this year from the Tiger Faithful..... Not disciplined enough? Coaching problems? Too Hot? Referees? First game jitters?

I know which one won't be used........."The Better Team Won Again".
IF THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG. IF IT IS. OF COURSE IT WOULD BE DISCUSSED.AS FAR AS DISCIPLINE, COACHING, PLAYERS EFFORT. EVERYTHING ELSE DOES NOT MATTER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”