Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

BigChuck
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Post by BigChuck »

sportygrl wrote:I seriously applaud the Wheelersburg program. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to take away from their hard work and dedication. With that being said. I now want to tell the Ironton players to keep their heads up. It's not the kids fault because they have not one actual coach. It's Ironton's little political name game and I will not mention names; but come on, just because you want your relative to get the or your friend doesn't make them equipped for the job. Can I hear that we need an overhaul on our sports programs starting w/ AD. I don't want to hear that they are a great coach because I'm yet to see him beat Chesapeake, much less the teams we face from up North. We no longer hold a name of recognition and pride. The current people starting w/ our super whom bragged about hiring our AD, now that AD wants nothing but to get rid of the super. Neither have had much respect for their positions w/ all the stuff and people they have DID while holding their positions. With the war they have raged against one another, the AD has resisted everything to do w/ our football program. The Ironton people need to stand up and show a force of hand and demand the schools hire someone outside their little circle for all positions including coaches. That way there is no favoritism and then our programs will grow again. The kids are here. We just need to assure them that they all are getting an unprejudiced chance if they want to come out for a sports and the positions aren't going to be filled by sons, daughters, cousins or nephews. Go Tigers! Lets get back to what our name insinuates. Let's put the fight back into our fighting tigers. These adults that are over these kids have broken them. They need strong leadership that demands respect.
Sounds to as though you need to be going to the next school board meeting. Myself, I just think all the ironton people need to get used to the fact that you all now have "just another team".

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Yabbadabbado: Just don't become the IBBTT of Wheelersburg.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I won't bash the Ironton kids I will bash the BOE that has allowed this to happen. And that includes the AD that said we have winning programs. Really do we other than winning the OVC in football what else did we do in boys sports.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg is dressing their freshman this year for the first time I can ever remember in the 45 years I have lived here, but some of the frosh are playing too think because they are that good. Even without the frosh dressing they would have close to 60 players.

The Pirates will be loaded for a few years. Both QB's are juniors, Holden is a sophomore, and the backs may be juniors as well.

This is coaches third year I believe dressing freshman at home games- would love to see them travel to all games that's pretty intimidating seeing that many players on the field at once!!! Go Burg ;)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

85yards wrote:Yabbadabbado: Just don't become the IBBTT of Wheelersburg.

Seriously???? That made me LOL!!!!

How in hades does what I said even compare to what that clown was putting on here???

SMH

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

Burgball#1 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg is dressing their freshman this year for the first time I can ever remember in the 45 years I have lived here, but some of the frosh are playing too think because they are that good. Even without the frosh dressing they would have close to 60 players.

The Pirates will be loaded for a few years. Both QB's are juniors, Holden is a sophomore, and the backs may be juniors as well.

This is coaches third year I believe dressing freshman at home games- would love to see them travel to all games that's pretty intimidating seeing that many players on the field at once!!! Go Burg ;)
You can only play11 at a time.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jukeboxer wrote:
Burgball#1 wrote:

You can only play11 at a time.
That is true but you can play as many as you want over the course of the game. The more you play without any drop off the better. I can only think of 3-4 players that went full time both ways for the burg Friday night. Even the few players that were going both ways got series off.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this is exactly what I thought would happen. I could definitely see the decline in ironton football. as well as gahs and Portsmouth. after I had to swallow my own pride about joining the ovc I realized how smart it actually was.it was actually pretty clever indeed. every team is on the same plane right now. same kinds of athletes, same kinds of enrollments, economical levels. it truly is going to be wide open. and as I thought, the numbers are up. I felt that would happen because of the interjection of the 3 new teams. the fact there were not people on irontons schedule anymore like Hartley, desales, Watterson. those days are distant in our rear view mirror now. and hot dang what a ride it was. some of the most exciting times of my life were spent with my pappy/family at these games. we have the history. but that don't feed the bulldog right now. I don't even see us as the league favorite now to repeat.as someone stated here, or another topic. we are just another team right now. and everybody wants some of us right now. how will ironton respond. the discipline thing began well before coach lutz left. and has only gotten worse. ------------today, this morning at church, our music co-ordinator. who is a waverly guy. he asked if anybody had the wheelersburg/ironton score at church this morning in piketon. I responed ,we need to move the service along. then I said we thought we had burg right where we wanted them at the half, up by 42. we were wearing them out for the 2nd half. it got a big laugh. but it's true. anybody that ever played under bob lutz would know this. would we ever see a time where a piketon redstreak or a waverly tiger teased us over a Friday football performance. yet that is now the case.============ hey we still love our fighting tigers, and I rode people ragged playfully about it for decades.============now the shoe's on the other foot.now what is fighting tiger nation going to do to change the fact they are getting man-handled. you could not have a more perfect league sizewise, potential wise as far as parity. so talks of winning districts, regions. that's hogwash. nothing is more important right now than a ''come to jesus'' talk and the hardest week of practice they ever seen. and go to ky. and just shread the red devils. because like it or not now sister.---------------- they have to be a heavy favorite, to beat us again.but I know this town/tiger football. nobody responds better or are more dangerous than when they are down. I hope Friday it's a horse of a different color in Russell. because they are drooling on themselves. just like any other town, we're fans win or lose. we just hain't used to losin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:Ironton had their speed back out, Scott, and he wont play until the Burg game. Ironton also had Carico out who would be the only returning starter in the backfield. He also wont be returning until the Burg game. Pleasant didn't play. He is one of the two starting linebackers, while Scott is the Starting Safety and Carico is one of the starting corners. Ironton also had out two of their starting linemen for that game who also wont be playing until the Burg game. This game was a nice game for some of the fans to see the orange and black jerseys get out on the field and have a few of the kids work on some plays that they needed to work on in a practice situation. It also gave some of the kids a chance to show the coaches that if they were needed down the road for certain roles how they might react against varsity competition. Some were ready while others weren't quite there yet. Scrimmages are just that. To some people it is their super bowl any time they get a shot at beating a team like Ironton or Wheelersburg even if those teams aren't at full strength or giving a full effort at winning the scrimmage. With two weeks left to go, at this point after seeing the talent in the OVC and most of the SOC, I am thinking Ironton will be the team in Southern Ohio to beat. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be a toss up for second, while Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Minford, Piketon and Chesepeake will be a toss up after that. I can see Ironton getting the one seed this year in the computer poll going 10-0 as Ashland now has no backfield or line, Russell is down and after seeing Burg they just wont compete athlete wise. Burg and Portsmouth both will either go 9-1 or 8-2 barring a major bad game. Among the next group of teams I would have to give the nod to Minford or Chesepeake. I believe Chesepeake's size will hamper them by the end of the season and keep them out of contention.
You guys have to go back and re read this thread. :D

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Hahahahaha ^

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

burg has become the beasts of the southeast now. and we cain't say a dang thing about it. outside of a possible playoff re-match.------------ (that I hope does not happen.) let somebody else play them 1st. I know when to say uncle.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote:
IBTT wrote:Ironton had their speed back out, Scott, and he wont play until the Burg game. Ironton also had Carico out who would be the only returning starter in the backfield. He also wont be returning until the Burg game. Pleasant didn't play. He is one of the two starting linebackers, while Scott is the Starting Safety and Carico is one of the starting corners. Ironton also had out two of their starting linemen for that game who also wont be playing until the Burg game. This game was a nice game for some of the fans to see the orange and black jerseys get out on the field and have a few of the kids work on some plays that they needed to work on in a practice situation. It also gave some of the kids a chance to show the coaches that if they were needed down the road for certain roles how they might react against varsity competition. Some were ready while others weren't quite there yet. Scrimmages are just that. To some people it is their super bowl any time they get a shot at beating a team like Ironton or Wheelersburg even if those teams aren't at full strength or giving a full effort at winning the scrimmage. With two weeks left to go, at this point after seeing the talent in the OVC and most of the SOC, I am thinking Ironton will be the team in Southern Ohio to beat. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be a toss up for second, while Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Minford, Piketon and Chesepeake will be a toss up after that. I can see Ironton getting the one seed this year in the computer poll going 10-0 as Ashland now has no backfield or line, Russell is down and after seeing Burg they just wont compete athlete wise. Burg and Portsmouth both will either go 9-1 or 8-2 barring a major bad game. Among the next group of teams I would have to give the nod to Minford or Chesepeake. I believe Chesepeake's size will hamper them by the end of the season and keep them out of contention.
I'm just a fan but after watching the game Friday night I thought the burg held their own "athlete wise"

BurgFan101
Waterboy

Post by BurgFan101 »

The freshman have dressed for home games the last couple of years. This year they will travel and dress for every game.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

JTEK wrote:
wobycat wrote:
I'm just a fan but after watching the game Friday night I thought the burg held their own "athlete wise"
Russell and Ashland both will beat Ironton. Where this idiot gets Ashland and Russell are down I have no clue? Both QBs from Ashland and Russell will run through that defense. Plus, both Ashland and Russell have better backfields than Ironton. Guy is just lost. I don't think he could spell football if you spotted him all of the vowels.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TINY RACELAND, KY. JUST BEAT ASHLAND BUT THEY HAVE A FINE PROGRAM GOING OVER THERE.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Holy Cow man it is time to lock this thread up.

Time for Week 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yet you posted abe

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This will make its way off the front page

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

noreply66 wrote:This will make its way off the front page
Hahaha. Are you kidding? This thread is like the nugget that just won't flush!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at's a hoot snoop.

Return to “Football”