Wheelersburg 38 Fairland 7

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK2 BURG @ FAIRLAND

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH SNAP, THAT JUST HAPPENED.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL PLAYED FAN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

tigerfan98 wrote:BURG IS SO GREAT WHY NOT SCHEDULE A BIG BOY HERE. BISHOP HARTLEY, OR SOMEONE THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY HELP IN THE PLAYOFFS. IRONTON USE TO SCHEDULE AT LEAST 2 BIG ONES NOT JUST BEAT UP TEAMS THEY ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING.

Yeah ,then when your great coach gets run out of town and all them players quit coming to play for us all and. You start getting pounded , You all can join the OVC to try to pick up a couple wins and talk about yesteryear

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

P(irate) wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:It is games like these that put the Pirates behind the 8 ball heading into week 14.
Who you gonna play that gets you 30 points better to beat coldwater?
No one from the OVC. That's for sure.
I agree , the soc will prepare them

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Sider95 wrote:Burg by 7...............................touchdowns
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Noitall wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:
I agree , the soc will prepare them
We can't do anything about our conference. We can however drop a few teams. I know we pick up Watterson next year. That will be a great improvement to the strength of schedule.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

P(irate) wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:It is games like these that put the Pirates behind the 8 ball heading into week 14.

No one from the SOC either. That's for sure.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg by alot

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

People want Burg to play bigger schools why? I think they wanr them to get beat to make themselves feel better. The Burg is a small div 5 school why play bigger school to risk injurys like Hartley did a few years ago did in the playoffs. Play the soc schools, play who'll play you and let them come up to your level or cry when you get run over.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Fisher kid is a nice player but having said that, this one is a laugher. Burg by however many they want.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

callie15 wrote:People want Burg to play bigger schools why? I think they wanr them to get beat to make themselves feel better. The Burg is a small div 5 school why play bigger school to risk injurys like Hartley did a few years ago did in the playoffs. Play the soc schools, play who'll play you and let them come up to your level or cry when you get run over.
You play a better schedule to make yourself better to better prepare yourself for the types of teams you will see if you make a long playoff run. Better teams will expose weakness that you might be able to correct before its 1 and done. teaches you not to panic in close games. running clocks in the second half don't help you much

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

JTEK wrote:
callie15 wrote:People want Burg to play bigger schools why? I think they wanr them to get beat to make themselves feel better. The Burg is a small div 5 school why play bigger school to risk injurys like Hartley did a few years ago did in the playoffs. Play the soc schools, play who'll play you and let them come up to your level or cry when you get run over.
You play a better schedule to make yourself better to better prepare yourself for the types of teams you will see if you make a long playoff run. Better teams will expose weakness that you might be able to correct before its 1 and done. teaches you not to panic in close games. running clocks in the second half don't help you much
Plus the speed of the game is totally different. Playing weak slow teams like we did Friday breeds a comfort level and decision making at that speed. Then when you see a real team with speed it can be a shock to your system.

If you have prepared and played against faster and better teams you yourself will be faster and better.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Firebreather wrote:Fisher kid is a nice player but having said that, this one is a laugher. Burg by however many they want.
Fisher is good and #1 is really good. In fact they may be the two best players on the field. Quarterback is good too. They just have little outside of that and definitely no depth.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Everyone keeps saying Burg needs to upgrade the schedule. Who they gonna play?

With the Burg being in Southern Ohio, any decent team will be at best 2-2.5 hours away. Even though Burg has a great following those years they played in Martin's Ferry and St. Clairsville from what I heard not a lot of Burg fans in the stands. That is close to a 4 hour drive and unless you have a kid playing or cheering, that is a stretch to go watch a HS football game.

Burg played Johnson Central, KY a few years back and lost to them but for some reason that was only a 1 game deal. JC left with some key injuries that cost them there game the next week, so maybe that is why they haven't played since. Who knows!!!!

Watterson next year will be a good upgrade. They are usually D3 to D4 so should be a great matchup.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Everyone keeps saying Burg needs to upgrade the schedule. Who they gonna play?

With the Burg being in Southern Ohio, any decent team will be at best 2-2.5 hours away. Even though Burg has a great following those years they played in Martin's Ferry and St. Clairsville from what I heard not a lot of Burg fans in the stands. That is close to a 4 hour drive and unless you have a kid playing or cheering, that is a stretch to go watch a HS football game.

Burg played Johnson Central, KY a few years back and lost to them but for some reason that was only a 1 game deal. JC left with some key injuries that cost them there game the next week, so maybe that is why they haven't played since. Who knows!!!!

Watterson next year will be a good upgrade. They are usually D3 to D4 so should be a great matchup.
Have your Ad call our Ad lol
I've wanted to see NY and burg play for years.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Everyone keeps saying Burg needs to upgrade the schedule. Who they gonna play?

You found the answer. Burg should keep scheduling the CCL whenever possible. They have more open weeks than the SOC II teams do.

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Does faitland not have any fans on here? I seen the film of the game against west. Fairland looks like they have good size and fast athletes.
Bg6 you get ur scouting report from IBTT

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

jager1979 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Does faitland not have any fans on here? I seen the film of the game against west. Fairland looks like they have good size and fast athletes.
Bg6 you get ur scouting report from IBTT
LMAO no. I seen their film. I don't think this game will be close by any means. But, fairland does look to have a couple quick athletes and some decent size linemen

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

That RB looks like a bruiser too. Lol. They do have some athletes on the field. The offense they run looks to be very predictable and simple. Spread formation with traps, screens, bubbles and hitches. They try to go short and make something happen afterward. I didn't see much of a verticle attack. Defense looks pretty good on the run, but pass coverage is wide open. I look for Burg to extend the field and drop some bombs come Friday night.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

#2 receiver for Wheelersburg is a giant! I don't see anyone matching his size in the secondary, anywhere. Wheelersburg blew me away Friday night with all of the speed and playmakers. This team is dangerous and a treat to watch.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Something else I would like to add, a lot of animosity towards the Pirates for being so good. What the hell? Instead of be upset, look at the great bar they have set. Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, and Ironton all three used to run the show around here. Wheelersburg has taken it a million steps forward with the constant success and deep playoff runs, especially recently. Let's not be mad the Pirates are this loaded. What if this entire area worked as hard as the Pirates? Our local teams would all benefit and we'd gain even more respect from the big bad north come playoff time.

Return to “Football”