JV Team

Re: OVC 2016

Post by knightruner »

They were 3-2 against the SOC

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Only one game so far against a weak Valley team but, Portsmouth is heading in a good direction. Line play looked great and Parker can break it anytime.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think so as well xplosion. I hope my tigers get going in the same direction.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

The OVC is going to come down to Portsmouth vs Peake. From what I've seen they are the only two teams with skill players.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I'm not ready to anoint the Trojans as front runners just yet. We've got a lot to work on.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Buramgerdin wrote:The OVC is going to come down to Portsmouth vs Peake. From what I've seen they are the only two teams with skill players.
Wow !!!!! I guess coal grove , Rock Hill , and Ironton just need to stay home.

You can't handle the truth
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

I agree completely gametime, the OVC is a wide open league with a anybody can beat anyone vibe....And while I will in no way discredit Portsmouth or Chesapeake's skill players, these other teams also have nice players in the backfield and at the receiver positions....I like RH's power attack backfield and #32 the FB, showed an unbelievable burst of speed on the 60 yard TD Sprint for RH.....

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

I agree, this team going to get better with #3 getting more carrys also

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:I agree completely gametime, the OVC is a wide open league with a anybody can beat anyone vibe....And while I will in no way discredit Portsmouth or Chesapeake's skill players, these other teams also have nice players in the backfield and at the receiver positions....I like RH's power attack backfield and #32 the FB, showed an unbelievable burst of speed on the 60 yard TD Sprint for RH.....

this is exactly what I thought would happen. I could definitely see the decline in ironton football. as well as gahs and Portsmouth. after I had to swallow my own pride about joining the ovc I realized how smart it actually was.it was actually pretty clever indeed. every team is on the same plane right now. same kinds of athletes, same kinds of enrollments, economical levels. it truly is going to be wide open. and as I thought, the numbers are up. I felt that would happen because of the interjection of the 3 new teams. the fact there were not people on irontons schedule anymore like Hartley, desales, Watterson. those days are distant in our rear view mirror now. and hot dang what a ride it was. some of the most exciting times of my life were spent with my pappy/family at these games. we have the history. but that don't feed the bulldog right now. I don't even see us as the league favorite now to repeat.as someone stated here, or another topic. we are just another team right now. and everybody wants some of us right now. how will ironton respond. the discipline thing began well before coach lutz left. and has only gotten worse. ------------today, this morning at church, our music co-ordinator. who is a waverly guy. he asked if anybody had the wheelersburg/ironton score at church this morning in piketon. I responed ,we need to move the service along. then I said we thought we had burg right where we wanted them at the half, up by 42. we were wearing them out for the 2nd half. it got a big laugh. but it's true. anybody that ever played under bob lutz would know this. would we ever see a time where a piketon redstreak or a waverly tiger teased us over a Friday football performance. yet that is now the case.============ hey we still love our fighting tigers, and I rode people ragged playfully about it for decades.============now the shoe's on the other foot.now what is fighting tiger nation going to do to change the fact they are getting man-handled. you could not have a more perfect league sizewise, potential wise as far as parity. so talks of winning districts, regions. that's hogwash. nothing is more important right now than a ''come to jesus'' talk and the hardest week of practice they ever seen. and go to ky. and just shread the red devils. because like it or not now sister.---------------- they have to be a heavy favorite, to beat us again.but I know this town/tiger football. nobody responds better or are more dangerous than when they are down. I hope Friday it's a horse of a different color in Russell. because they are drooling on themselves. just like any other town, we're fans win or lose. we just hain't used to losin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

I agree bait , I believe ironton and Portsmouth got into the ovc at the right time , if u have 5 teams that could win the ovc is not bad , not every team is going to compete every year. This year I believe is going to be fun to watch. Jmo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I too believe it will be up for grabs gametime.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

If ironton or Portsmouth win the OVC then it only proves how weak that league really is

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Noitall wrote:If ironton or Portsmouth win the OVC then it only proves how weak that league really is

lol the soc is no different, with the 1 exception being Burg. and they truly have become the new ironton in that they are getting all the best athletes transferring in from their neighboring schools...ironhalfton can complain all they want about coaching and problems in their program but the real #1 reason they are no longer the dominant team they once were is that they no longer get the top tier athletes from their neighboring schools. Yes Ironton still gets a few transfers but they are mediocre talent coming in now....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigChuck wrote:
Noitall wrote:If ironton or Portsmouth win the OVC then it only proves how weak that league really is

lol the soc is no different, with the 1 exception being Burg. and they truly have become the new ironton in that they are getting all the best athletes transferring in from their neighboring schools...ironhalfton can complain all they want about coaching and problems in their program but the real #1 reason they are no longer the dominant team they once were is that they no longer get the top tier athletes from their neighboring schools. Yes Ironton still gets a few transfers but they are mediocre talent coming in now....
Man you really need to check facts. Only one student transferred/moved in, the rest of them have been playing since pee-wee or junior high.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

wobycat wrote:
BigChuck wrote:

Man you really need to check facts. Only one student transferred/moved in, the rest of them have been playing since pee-wee or junior high.

Who was the one move in?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigChuck wrote:

exactly.
the soc is no deeper in my opinion.

Ptowntrojan61
Waterboy

Post by Ptowntrojan61 »

My OVC prediction after week 1
1 portsmouth
2 peake
3 rock hill
4 gallia
5 ironton
6 coal grove
7 southpoint
8fairland

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Way too early for me to forecast a OVC title for the Trojans.......there's still 9 games left. Are the Trojans better? Yes. OVC title better? Too small of a sample to tell. We Trojan fans are giddy about our 1-0 start, but it's only 1-0 and we've played 0 OVC games. Hopefully our kids will keep focused on getting better each week, and if they do that, a league title and playoffs could be within reach.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Trojans are still young. You have to factor in a game or two that they maybe shouldn't lose, but slips away due to a mental error. Let's see how the next couple weeks play out. If the Trojans contiune to improve, stay healthy, and execute the gameplan, the sky's the limit.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think RH has a better chance of winning the OVC than anyone. They are fairly solid from top to bottom. They looked good and executed well Friday night. But I would have to agree with Pope Snoop on this one. It's WIDE open. Not taking anything away from Ptown at all. They won handily, but mistakes aided them there. I want to see what happens when they have to fight for 4 quarters.

Return to “Football”