Post by Dandy Don »

Poo Bear wrote:1. Wheelersburg Pirates

2. Athens Bulldogs
3. Jackson Ironmen
4. Rock Hill Redmen
5. Nelsonville York Buckeyes
Wrong TVC team Poo.

Try Meigs not Athens.

Rock Hill and NY may be a stretch as well.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Top 5 rankings

Post by Poo Bear »

I'm not sold on any of them except for Burg. Will know more after Friday

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

1. Wheelersburg
2. Fort Frye
3. Jackson
4. Chesapeake
5. Athens/Meigs/ NY

Hard to rank now

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:1. Wheelersburg
2. Fort Frye
3. Jackson
4. Chesapeake
5. Athens/Meigs/ NY

Hard to rank now

Way too early yes, but Athens should beat Canal Winchester, Jackson should beat Chillicothe both this week. If they struggle then probably re-evaluate. Meigs plays Logan next week and they struggle maybe they not as good as I think. NY plays Newark Catholic this week if they win or compete then they belong in the early discussion.

I think Meigs beats the three BIG SCHOOLS this year in Logan and Athens and Jackson. Little ole TVC Meigs slaying the former "giant" SEOAL dragons lol.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I think Canal is Athens toughest game. They are huge on the line. This was a loaded class for them but Bishop Hartley got the QB and Desales got the RB

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:I think Canal is Athens toughest game. They are huge on the line. This was a loaded class for them but Bishop Hartley got the QB and Desales got the RB

This is Alonzo Booth's second year at DeSales. He was offered preferred walk-on at OSU next year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If this is just a top 5 for the area teams?
I will give a top 3 based on post season teams that will matter.
1. Burg
I made a topic earlier about this years burg team
Having a chance to maybe get to the final due to some possible things going against Coldwater this year. After seeing more of them and other potential Mac winners, burgs chances are not as good as I thought. Coldwater def is not as good as last year, they miss post and shanehair in the running game, and only have one top tier wideout. Big but here, qb is a lot better than hemmlegarn and they have 6 quality wr and often is calling a more pass heavy off.

2. Massie
Could see them go 10-0 probably beat league teams bad being last year for them. They won't get out of there region I have alter as best team in d4 this year.

3. Jackson
First they have to beat burg, if they can they will have a good run if not they will struggle in the post season

I don't see any real contenders other than these three so spots 4 and 5 don't really matter

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Rolltanks wrote:If this is just a top 5 for the area teams?
I will give a top 3 based on post season teams that will matter.
1. Burg
I made a topic earlier about this years burg team
Having a chance to maybe get to the final due to some possible things going against Coldwater this year. After seeing more of them and other potential Mac winners, burgs chances are not as good as I thought. Coldwater def is not as good as last year, they miss post and shanehair in the running game, and only have one top tier wideout. Big but here, qb is a lot better than hemmlegarn and they have 6 quality wr and often is calling a more pass heavy off.

2. Massie
Could see them go 10-0 probably beat league teams bad being last year for them. They won't get out of there region I have alter as best team in d4 this year.

3. Jackson
First they have to beat burg, if they can they will have a good run if not they will struggle in the post season

I don't see any real contenders other than these three so spots 4 and 5 don't really matter
Clinton Massie is not as strong as previous years they beat Blanchester 33-29 last week and Blanchester was up before half. Wilmington returns alot both sides of the ball. They are better than Massie IMO.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

1. Wheelersburg
2. Jackson
3. Nelsonville
4. Meigs
5. Athens/Washington CH /Miami Trace/ Waverly 5 wide open but I wanted to throw some teams out there

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I am going to step WAY out on a limb, and I guarantee I get trolled hard for saying this but I feel Rock Hill has a great shot at going 10-0 and winning the OVC. Big games vs. Chesapeake and Ironton are at home. If the can just win at Portsmouth, I think they could have the momentum and confidence to run the table. I am not just saying this because they took my Falcons out to the wood shed.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

NewEra wrote:I am going to step WAY out on a limb, and I guarantee I get trolled hard for saying this but I feel Rock Hill has a great shot at going 10-0 and winning the OVC. Big games vs. Chesapeake and Ironton are at home. If the can just win at Portsmouth, I think they could have the momentum and confidence to run the table. I am not just saying this because they took my Falcons out to the wood shed.
Rock Hill has experience in the playoffs and returned a lot of talent. It's not crazy to think at all. In fact, I felt it was a slap in the face to them not being voted favorites to win the OVC. They play hard hitting football and are fundamentally sound. They will crush Ironton. I will predict 9-1 with the hopes the Trojans can give em a little payback for last year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Going off week one performances, Rock Hill and Portsmouth played the most fundamentally sound out of the OVC teams. It will be a fun game in Portsmouth between these two barring everyone stays healthy.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NewEra wrote:I am going to step WAY out on a limb, and I guarantee I get trolled hard for saying this but I feel Rock Hill has a great shot at going 10-0 and winning the OVC. Big games vs. Chesapeake and Ironton are at home. If the can just win at Portsmouth, I think they could have the momentum and confidence to run the table. I am not just saying this because they took my Falcons out to the wood shed.
I have been thinking the same thing. But I don't see them beating Ptown in Ptown. I think they finish 9-1 and I hope we get to see them play Burg.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

P(irate) wrote:
I have been thinking the same thing. But I don't see them beating Ptown in Ptown. I think they finish 9-1 and I hope we get to see them play Burg.

For the shear enjoyment of a Week 11 Ironton-Burg Thread I hope Rock Hill is #7 seed and Ironton is #8 seed and Burg #1 seed.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Burg is 1 in SE Ohio without question based on Week 1 and the remnants of a Week 14 appearance.

Not sold on Jackson yet.

I think Meigs is the Cinderella, maybe even Marietta as I was talking to someone yesterday that thought they would be a lot better than usual. But that was a player's Dad so take that with a grain of salt.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote:Burg is 1 in SE Ohio without question based on Week 1 and the remnants of a Week 14 appearance.

Not sold on Jackson yet.

I think Meigs is the Cinderella, maybe even Marietta as I was talking to someone yesterday that thought they would be a lot better than usual. But that was a player's Dad so take that with a grain of salt.

Jackson is replacing almost the entire defense and most of the offense . This is for sure a transition season for Jackson as there is a lot of young kids starting and the 9-10th classes for pretty deep. But having said that Jackson expects to win each and every Friday .

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Abe Froman wrote:
P(irate) wrote:

For the shear enjoyment of a Week 11 Ironton-Burg Thread I hope Rock Hill is #7 seed and Ironton is #8 seed and Burg #1 seed.
:)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1. Wheelersburg
2. Jackson
3. Alexander
4. Fort Frye
5. Zane Trace

Return to “Football”