WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

king kong
Freshman Team

Re: WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

Post by king kong »

moonshine wrote:I can not believe all the CHEAP A??? If the monies are used for athletics improvement such as turf replacement or equipment I would be willing to pay $2.00 to park! This is why we are refer too as radical southeastern Ohio crackers!
So you are OK with taking money from the district for educational purposes, OK with the high teacher to kid ratio, as long as the money is spent on permanent improvement for athletics first? Thats my gripe, if they were making wise decisions with their money and still had to charge to park, then I would say fine! But, to spend tens of thousands of dollars on unnecessary upgrades and bad hiring tells me this isnt for the betterment of the kids!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

king kong wrote:
moonshine wrote:I can not believe all the CHEAP A??? If the monies are used for athletics improvement such as turf replacement or equipment I would be willing to pay $2.00 to park! This is why we are refer too as radical southeastern Ohio crackers!
So you are OK with taking money from the district for educational purposes, OK with the high teacher to kid ratio, as long as the money is spent on permanent improvement for athletics first? Thats my gripe, if they were making wise decisions with their money and still had to charge to park, then I would say fine! But, to spend tens of thousands of dollars on unnecessary upgrades and bad hiring tells me this isnt for the betterment of the kids!
It is an athletic event and the facilities is use by the school system such as Band, Physical Ed. just like buildings upkeep and maintenance are required. I am a taxpayer are you or are you on welfare like most SEO people!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Wellston charges as well to park near the stadium. But you have the option to park off-site and walk two blocks for FREE.

It is $2 people, carpool and split it with a buddy. $1 each. For crying out loud big deal it is $7 to watch a game instead of $5. I bet all you 250 pound 5'-9" guys typing here and complaining about it could forego the bag of popcorn and pay the dang parking.

Unbelievable what some people will complain about. Won't hesitate to buy a $8.00 beer at a Reds game though will you.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

king kong wrote: The only street parking that is closer than the parking lot at Waverly is on the south side by the church off of 2nd st and mullins. The back gate that was near 5th st has been closed for years.

Waverly just hired a guy to be their "safety coordinator", he has no teaching credentials, getting paid well above starting teaching salary, and they gave him the jr hi AD and jr hi football, which were held by a long time teacher in their district. This new guy just so happens to have 2 very good sons who play football! That is where my beef is, why should I pay to support their bad habits.

You have teachers in their district with 35 + kids, who are rationed paper to use in their classrooms!
If this is true thats rediculous. And it isn't about $2. I have $2. It's the principal of it. And its like taxes or paying for your insurance at work. Once it starts it never stops. Couple years from now it will be $3, then $4, then $5. It will be like these local city taxes. Instead of using them to catch up on a debt, they figure it as normal income and keep asking for more.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

moonshine wrote:
king kong wrote:
It is an athletic event and the facilities is use by the school system such as Band, Physical Ed. just like buildings upkeep and maintenance are required. I am a taxpayer are you or are you on welfare like most SEO people!
What difference does it make if I were on government assistance? Do I only get 3/5ths of an opinion? This is about misspending of a school district that once again is asking for more money.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

king kong wrote:
moonshine wrote:
king kong wrote:
What difference does it make if I were on government assistance? Do I only get 3/5ths of an opinion? This is about misspending of a school district that once again is asking for more money.
WOW I even pay for Government assistance Then vote the school board out Oh wait a minute I bet you do not vote!

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

moonshine wrote:
king kong wrote:
moonshine wrote:
WOW I even pay for Government assistance Then vote the school board out Oh wait a minute I bet you do not vote!
First I must be on welfare, now I probably don't vote, what's next? Can't argue facts, so let's throw names out to try and belittle your opponent!

I stand by my points, I don't live in the district, but there are times I have in the past attended games at Waverly. After listing facts about misspending, I won't be going anymore. This will also carry over to basketball, when they host Sectional tournaments!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So, lets say you had to $2 to park at every game your team played during the regular season. That would be a 9 or 10 game season and that would come to $18 or $20. You really want to complain about spending $20 or less to get a spot close to the venue and to see some really good high school football when a lot of you probably spend that much at the concession stand each game.

Just makes you want to shake your head sometimes.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

king kong wrote:
greygoose wrote:You don't have to pay for parking at Waverly or at Jackson. There's plenty of places to park and walk yourself on into the game. For Waverly there's places along the streets to park where you'd actually be walking a shorter distance then parking in the lot. For Jackson, you can park down below the hill and walk your butt up it to save yourself the 2 dollars. Complain all you want about charging to park, in the end it is simply your choice as to whether or not you want to pay or not. You're not locked out from this event if you park where you don't have to pay they'll still let you in the gate I promise. You guys can keep complaining about it because well that's what a forum is for but just wanted to let you know you don't have to pay at all so this subject is basically a mute point. Everyone band together and don't park in those areas where you have to pay teach them a lesson.
The only street parking that is closer than the parking lot at Waverly is on the south side by the church off of 2nd st and mullins. The back gate that was near 5th st has been closed for years.

Waverly just hired a guy to be their "safety coordinator", he has no teaching credentials, getting paid well above starting teaching salary, and they gave him the jr hi AD and jr hi football, which were held by a long time teacher in their district. This new guy just so happens to have 2 very good sons who play football! That is where my beef is, why should I pay to support their bad habits.

You have teachers in their district with 35 + kids, who are rationed paper to use in their classrooms!
Sounds to me like you have a school board beef and should take your arguments there. Throwing a lot of stuff out there like you are right there in the know and I hope for your sake you are otherwise pretty shameful some of the things you're putting out there. Don't like it, don't pay mad about them hiring someone go to school board this is a football forum not a school board meeting. All you are wanting is for ppl to jump on your band wagon and they simply are not. As you keep repeating yourself over and over again with the same information. School Board meetings they have those good luck. Since you're claiming the $2 is going for everything the upgrades, the paving, the safety coordinator, exactly how many ppl do you think go to games?? Poor safety coordinator probably is paying for his position if this is where the funding is coming from. Yeah you're right those gates have been closed for years for being closer then the parking lot. However, there's PLENTY of other roads to park on so you can walk to the game 2-3 blocks at the most.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Heck look down on the ground ppl drop so much change you'll recoup your $2 before getting to the game. They have what 5 home games this year?? what 150-200 cars at most who will pay. So $400 a game times 5 games, $2,000 for the season they've recouped. I'm guessing that doesn't even cover the new bleachers going up on the visitor side let alone everything else.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

greygoose wrote:
king kong wrote:
greygoose wrote:You don't have to pay for parking at Waverly or at Jackson. There's plenty of places to park and walk yourself on into the game. For Waverly there's places along the streets to park where you'd actually be walking a shorter distance then parking in the lot. For Jackson, you can park down below the hill and walk your butt up it to save yourself the 2 dollars. Complain all you want about charging to park, in the end it is simply your choice as to whether or not you want to pay or not. You're not locked out from this event if you park where you don't have to pay they'll still let you in the gate I promise. You guys can keep complaining about it because well that's what a forum is for but just wanted to let you know you don't have to pay at all so this subject is basically a mute point. Everyone band together and don't park in those areas where you have to pay teach them a lesson.
The only street parking that is closer than the parking lot at Waverly is on the south side by the church off of 2nd st and mullins. The back gate that was near 5th st has been closed for years.

Sounds to me like you have a school board beef and should take your arguments there. Throwing a lot of stuff out there like you are right there in the know and I hope for your sake you are otherwise pretty shameful some of the things you're putting out there. Don't like it, don't pay mad about them hiring someone go to school board this is a football forum not a school board meeting. All you are wanting is for ppl to jump on your band wagon and they simply are not. As you keep repeating yourself over and over again with the same information. School Board meetings they have those good luck. Since you're claiming the $2 is going for everything the upgrades, the paving, the safety coordinator, exactly how many ppl do you think go to games?? Poor safety coordinator probably is paying for his position if this is where the funding is coming from. Yeah you're right those gates have been closed for years for being closer then the parking lot. However, there's PLENTY of other roads to park on so you can walk to the game 2-3 blocks at the most.
Like I said, I don't live in the district, however, I do have family that went to Waverly and who are currently in Waverly. I have friends who teach and work other jobs in the district as well. They know th things I have posted here, some have voiced complaints at board meetings.

You say what I am saying is shameful, no what is shameful is the amount of apathy displayed on this post about, oh it's just $2! Like someone said earlier, it isn't the money it's the principle. Tens of thousands of dollars being spent on 1 sports complex that hosts 4 sports, upgrading bleachers that were just put in 2 years ago to make them big enough to host playoff games.

Schools are a public entity, that means every penny they spend is public knowledge, there are websites and organizations that do such things. Anyone can ask for the board minutes which tells you where the money came from and what it is being spent on.

I haven't told 1 lie about the spending, yet like good sheep most Americans just put their head down and walk to slaughter.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

king kong wrote:
greygoose wrote:
king kong wrote:

Like I said, I don't live in the district, however, I do have family that went to Waverly and who are currently in Waverly. I have friends who teach and work other jobs in the district as well. They know th things I have posted here, some have voiced complaints at board meetings.

You say what I am saying is shameful, no what is shameful is the amount of apathy displayed on this post about, oh it's just $2! Like someone said earlier, it isn't the money it's the principle. Tens of thousands of dollars being spent on 1 sports complex that hosts 4 sports, upgrading bleachers that were just put in 2 years ago to make them big enough to host playoff games.

Schools are a public entity, that means every penny they spend is public knowledge, there are websites and organizations that do such things. Anyone can ask for the board minutes which tells you where the money came from and what it is being spent on.

I haven't told 1 lie about the spending, yet like good sheep most Americans just put their head down and walk to slaughter.
Well said!!

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

It's not about the money.
It's about misspending of it after its received.
I unlike some read your post and understand where you are coming from King Kong

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

If you are reading this $2 Parking thread from your place of work and posting about it, you have just cost your employer much more than $2 lol.

Hope all of you are retired or are self-employed lol.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

king kong wrote:
greygoose wrote:
king kong wrote:

Oh jeez, you don't even live in the district. Should stick to the politics in your own area then. If you read properly I said it was shameful if you weren't stating the facts correctly, only you know if you're doing that or not. I understand exactly what you are talking about it's not the money but the principal of the matter. I also know you are putting it out on a football forum where little to no one cares about the politics of it all that you are putting out there. If your "family" has gone to the school board and voiced their concerns then at that point it's on the school board who are elected. So if they'd like to see change then run for school board. Based upon principal then neither you nor any of your family members should be attending any football games, as it will be a total contradiction of principal. Good Luck making a change though, understand where you are coming from but like so many others who try and make a stand you are picking the wrong platform in which to do it.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Abe Froman wrote:If you are reading this $2 Parking thread from your place of work and posting about it, you have just cost your employer much more than $2 lol.

Hope all of you are retired or are self-employed lol.
Lol!!! :shock:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

TVC wrote:It's not about the money.
It's about misspending of it after its received.
I unlike some read your post and understand where you are coming from King Kong
Agreed.

If people would read his posts on this, I think they would see where he's coming from.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Let's be clear on a few things. Our football/soccer facility was in shambles just a couple of years ago. The field was an embarrassment and the stands had been declared unsafe. The locker rooms were appalling. We had one of the worst facilities in the State of Ohio. It was a sound decision to go with a new turf field. With soccer and football being played on the same field it would have cost thousands of dollars a year to maintain a grass field. And the new turf field is used by many of our spring sports also, when the weather presents a challenge. It's literally being utilized year round.

Waverly now has a good chance of hosting a first and second round playoff football game each year as a result of our turf field, additional seating and other upgrades. Those games will bring in thousands of dollars to our school and community. And most all of the labor associated with those games will be volunteer.

The downtown basketball gym was also badly in need of upgrades. We will now save thousands of dollars in heating and lighting cost. I'm glad we have a school board that took the bold step to address these situations. They could have went the "cheap route". But as we all know that usually ends up costing more money in the long run. High school sports are an important part of nearly all communities. The benefits are numerous and last a lifetime. I for one appreciate the improvements!

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Curious about the poster's other point. Did they hire an employee because his son's were good as was emplied?

Return to “Football”