TVC Game of the Week Meigs vs Belpre

Eagle1990-93
Waterboy

Post by Eagle1990-93 »

I just don't see Meigs offence getting by the Belpre Defense. The defense is just to strong and fast. Keep English in line then we are fine. Defensive line for belpre is just to fast and strong. I could be wrong. I been wrong once or twice...lol
Belpre's defense is ranked #6 in all of division 5. Not to shabby for team that wan't suppose to have a winning season this year.

fasteach
Varsity

wrong

Post by fasteach »

i kinda meant north of say, athens. they got on me for a month. i got ripped for joking that we could win. they where extremely poor sports. felt that a drive for five was their right.

Gregg811
Varsity

Belpre Football

Post by Gregg811 »

Coaches...Team...Community...this is for all the marbles. A TVC-OHIO TITLE. What an accomplishment for a team no one expected to do anything this year. What a sense of pride the football team has given the city of Belpre.
SENIORS...this is your time to lead your team to the title.

FANS...this is your chance to watch a very good football team, to show your appreciation for their success this season.

Take care of friday night and the play-offs will take care of itsself.

GO EAGLES

Outsider Looking In
Waterboy

Post by Outsider Looking In »

I believe Belpre has shocked the TVC. Good Luck Seniors. You have had a wonderful season, one that you'll always remember. Don't get caught up in the HIPE just have fun and continue to play hard.
FANS GET OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I think all season long if Belpre is to win, it will be up to their defense (and this game will be no different).

I can see the speed of English giving the Eagles some fits, but with Story injured, you have to believe that the Marauders will be somewhat one dimensional.

Either way, I see this as a very close game. The difference will probably be how many big plays English will get (and how BIG those plays will be) ;-)

If the Eagles can hold him in check (combined with Story's injury) you have to like their chances.

fasteach
Varsity

very impressive

Post by fasteach »

ain't it amazing how many fans belpre has picked up from nelsonville. they must have really been impressive last week.
or maybe they are wishing for something else....

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Radio coverage?

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

While I would like to support Meigs for obvious reasons, I say Go Eagles!!!

You guys have worked hard and deserve it.

Good Luck to both teams on an injury free game.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I also want Belpre just because of the season they suffered last year ,worst to First :!:

Good luck , safe game to all :arrow:

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

This game will be no walk in the park for Belpre. For the Golden Eagles to win they have to be focused and play very good ball against a very tough Meigs team. Look for this game to be decided by 7 points or less.

Here is a little recap of the last 5 games played between these 2 teams.

2002 @ Meigs Belpre wins 24-22 Belpre finishes 8-2 Meigs is 4-6

2003 @ Belpre Belpre wins 39-24 Belpre finishes 6-4 Meigs is 2-8

2004 @ Meigs Meigs wins 21-13 Belpre finishes 4-6 Meigs is 6-4

2005 @ Belpre Meigs wins 28-7 Belpre finishes 4-6 Meigs is 7-3

2006 @ Meigs Meigs wins 20-0 Belpre finishes 2-8 Meigs is 7-3

As you can see, some close games played between these 2 teams, except for the last 2 years as Belpre has struggled.

It would be very nice to finish out the season with a win for Belpre and an outright title in the TVC Ohio, our first since 1988. It has been too long since the TVC title has resided in Belpre. Hopefully, this is our year to bring it back to Belpre and be greedy and share it with nobody.

I hear the Belpre teachers union is sponsering a tailgate party at 5:30 in support of the team, rain or shine. What a nice thing to do. Lets show up Belpre, have a pregame party and support our coaches and players for a great, unexpectedly wonderful season.

LETS GO EAGLES - MAUL THE MARAUDERS!!!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I take Meigs on this one, English is sooo fast and meigs defense is pretty tough.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Not so sure about the Meigs D, but they have been outstanding on Offense.

This will be strength vs strength, the Meigs Offense vs the Belpre Defense :!:

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

I believe Meigs can win this but they will need to play well to do it. Especially if Story plays @ QB. Although Jacob is also an excellent QB. It's just that he brings so much to the game at reciever. Meigs can threaten by ground or air. If they have a good mix...Meigs wins. But I hear BHS has a really good defense. Be careful of the big play, although Belpre has not beaten Meigs in recent years, when they have in the past, it was usually through a late big play. Good luck Meigs.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Less than 24 hours till game time. Should be an exciting atmosphere at Belpre friday night. Seniors Night...the town will be out in force to see these Seniors and the team win an out right TVC OHIO title. Seniors...RJ, mike j, bryan, mike w, kyle, zach, tyler, justin, paul, thanks for what will be a season thats talked about for many years to come. Way to go Seniors!!!! Coach Shriver and staff what a tremendous job you have done this year. Thanks. What a dream season, but there is still work to be done and i know that you are up to the task. The TVC title belongs in Belpre. i think there will be 25 football players wanting shakes after tommorrow night. you what needs done to get them.

Go Eagles

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Good Luck Meigs.... it should be a close game, but i think Meigs will pull this one out, but again, in a close game

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I am torn when it comes to this game. I have family playing for the Marauders so naturaly I want to see him win.....

BUT Belpre played so hard last week against the Buckeyes that there is a part of me that wants to see them win out (I know I am a Buckeye and I shouldn't say that, but I hate sharing a title and I am sure the folks from Belpre hate it also)

Obviously a Belpre loss gives NY a piece of the title and with family on the team, I gotta say Go Marauders....... But I won't cry :cry: if Belpre wins ;-)

RocketGoof
Riding the Bench

Post by RocketGoof »

BELPRE WINS!!! They don't deserve only a share of the title. They deserve the WHOLE thing!!! Coach Shriver for TVC COACH of THE YEAR, DISTRICT COACH of THE YEAR, and DIVISION 5 COACH of THE YEAR!!! Who else has don what he's done this year (22 Kids....come on!! are you serious?!?!?!) GO EAGLES!!!

-From the Cluttered Desk of
RocketGoof
fasteach
Varsity

well duhhh

Post by fasteach »

if you consider that the man wasn't even coach in july he clearly has done alot with a little. he and they could've mailed it in and nobody would have cared. so yeah.
but then i thought alexander played well also. much better than in previous years and DID finally win one so yeah.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

RocketGoof wrote:BELPRE WINS!!! They don't deserve only a share of the title. They deserve the WHOLE thing!!! Coach Shriver for TVC COACH of THE YEAR, DISTRICT COACH of THE YEAR, and DIVISION 5 COACH of THE YEAR!!! Who else has don what he's done this year (22 Kids....come on!! are you serious?!?!?!) GO EAGLES!!!

RocketGoof,
I am sure coach Shriver would greatly appriciate what you just said. I appriciate it as being a belpre fan. It is nice to see something good come about the sports in belpre as of late. Now if we could just get the administration to staighten up. (good luck there)

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

I won't be able to attend the game because of work, and since there is no radio coverage, I hope some kind fan will post as soon as possible.
Good luck Eagles.

Return to “Football”