Amanda 20 Meigs 14

Bird Dog
All Conference

Re: WK2 Amanda @ Meigs (1-0)

Post by Bird Dog »

Poo Bear wrote:He was responding to dandy Don who is a rocket fan .
That's fine but he was talking about Meigs and Bartrum so I replied. Same as you responding to my comment even though it was between me and Ironman. No problems it's done and over and hope Jackson rolls tonight. Would love to see our teams meet with great records and be a great game.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Bird Dog wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:He was responding to dandy Don who is a rocket fan .
That's fine but he was talking about Meigs and Bartrum so I replied. Same as you responding to my comment even though it was between me and Ironman. No problems it's done and over and hope Jackson rolls tonight. Would love to see our teams meet with great records and be a great game.
Ironman99 seems like he Will def stir the pot. He doesn't speak for Jackson nation. Jackson and Meigs will be a late season treat . Very evenly matched teams .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meigs falls a little short....hard to beat those team west of 22

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Meigs definitely over rated not very good at all but will get some wins because of how weak the league is amanda's defense was better and they had a better line imo.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Thanks for your opinion Ironman. Go Chilicothe :)

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
achs
Waterboy

Post by achs »

Ouch! Where'd the "easy win" and the "great coach whatever" go tonight?
QB isn't bad I'll give you that but he's not going to win a bunch of games on his own.
Game wouldn't have even been close if not for YOUR refs bailing you out time after time the first half. If that's how they are for all your home games I feel sorry for anyone in your league coming there to play!

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

No more stirring the pot both lost tough ones.on to week three.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Nice job amanda you are right about the refs but you still took it to them good luck the rest of the year.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

achs wrote:Ouch! Where'd the "easy win" and the "great coach whatever" go tonight?
QB isn't bad I'll give you that but he's not going to win a bunch of games on his own.
Game wouldn't have even been close if not for YOUR refs bailing you out time after time the first half. If that's how they are for all your home games I feel sorry for anyone in your league coming there to play!
It was a good game, I do believe if the Refs were in our pocket then they would have gave us the actual first down our QB got on our next to last series when he totally blew where he spotted the ball. We played a very bad game on both sides of the ball tonight.

I do think in the first half they did blow a fumble call, looked like he did fumble. But to say the game wouldn't have been close, that's crazy talk. We had some bad tackling and our offense was way out of rythem tonight.

I was impressed with Martin, he is one athletic kid.

And Not all of us said this was going to be an easy win and we all don't say our coach is the greatest.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

achs wrote:Ouch! Where'd the "easy win" and the "great coach whatever" go tonight?
I really don't want to hear what an Amanda-Clearcreek fan has to say about homer refs. AC has always had a homer ref reputation. Most Fairfield County schools do, for that matter. :mrgreen:

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Wow, it sounded like a good game. Shocked meigs didn't put up more points. Congrats to Amanda on a huge win.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Stone Cold wrote:Wow, it sounded like a good game. Shocked meigs didn't put up more points. Congrats to Amanda on a huge win.
It was a good game...Biggest factor was Amanda controlled Field Position the whole game, there kicker done an excellent job on 2 punts, one pinning us on the 1 yard line and a key one late in game pinning us at the 12.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Amanda is well Coached im shocked everyone thought Meigs would come in and roll over them. Amanda has a good team they have had some key injuries early on maybe kids are getting healthy.

Washington CH played them in the Jamboree and they looked tough.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

If meigs hadn't had so many key passes Dropped it would have been different .you would think who ever was calling the offense would quit throwing it to a kid that couldn't catch cold .

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ironman99 wrote:If meigs hadn't had so many key passes Dropped it would have been different .you would think who ever was calling the offense would quit throwing it to a kid that couldn't catch cold .
Yeah we had some important passes not completed, However, Amanda covered the deep routes pretty well.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

ACC is a solid team with a tough running and kicking game each fronted by impressive big guys! Meigs played hard with generally less talent, QB is an exception.

Marauders play each play like it's your last. Wishing you a great season.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Meigs could be pretty good if they had a running game but the line is not very big it could be the reason the running game isn't there

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

We will be okay, Our line is brand new this year, Hood and Acree were tailbacks and fullbacks last year, and this year on the line. last year they were linebackers, Bartrum was a Safety and Tracy was a Corner, Now Acree and Hood are on Line and Bartrum and Tracy are linebackers. So it's still a learning process, Kids playing new positions for the first times in their lives as Seniors...I'm impressed with out defense so far. We played solid last night, other then a few missed tackles, mostly in the open field. Yet we still didn't give up a 100 yard rushing to Martin, And I bet they didn't have 100 yards passing either. We just gave them short field on their touchdowns....Meigs has more talent then our QB. Amanda is a SOLID team.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

ma77ox wrote:
It was a good game, I do believe if the Refs were in our pocket then they would have gave us the actual first down our QB got on our next to last series when he totally blew where he spotted the ball. We played a very bad game on both sides of the ball tonight.

I do think in the first half they did blow a fumble call, looked like he did fumble. But to say the game wouldn't have been close, that's crazy talk. We had some bad tackling and our offense was way out of rythem tonight.

I was impressed with Martin, he is one athletic kid.

And Not all of us said this was going to be an easy win and we all don't say our coach is the greatest.
To put Cody under center and have him run was a ludicrous call. Meigs also is getting virtually nothing when running between the tackles. And the disaster that almost was with the ball on the Meigs 5 right before halftime. Sometimes I feel like the play calling is straight from a Maden video game. You know when you just randomly pick a play, because on Madden, it always works. I just feel we play way to risky with the ball. I don't know but I feel like there was no rhyme or reason for some of the play calling last night.I thought we played pretty good defensively.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Play calling sucked but those kids did play there butts off .I don't actually know who is calling the plays .but on another note have heard that meigs had four or five big kids that would have helped greatly on both sides of the ball .I think coaches had something to do with them not playing

Return to “Football”