SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

tigercannon71 wrote:Well Ironton will have to play mistake free to beat Logan. They need to tackle and not get down if something bad happens. Logan can be beat. They run well, but if you stop Frye you got a chance. Portsmouth if they would have caught the ball early tonight would have had a chance, but they made to many mistkes. If Ironton can limit the mistakes they can win.

I don't think catching passes early on would have equaled making tackles on defense. They struggled to make plays defensively from the get-go. A lot of times we agree, but on this one, I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think Portsmouth could have realistically done much different against this Logan team tonight. The Chiefs were just better all around tonight. But, Portsmouth will be fine and should still make some noise in the playoffs.

Up in Boone County, West Virginia
There lives the outlaw Jesco White
And the way he loves to dance
Makes all men want to fight...
bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

tiggercannon71 :?: Hard to catch the ball when your throwing the ball to the other team :roll: as far as your comment on stopping FRYE and you beat Logan hope ya come to the game cause you got more trouble than that :!: but I for 1 think you got trouble there too and our QB IS ON ''FIRE'' AND HARD TO WIN IF YA CAN'T SCORE :shock: :-D :!: 4 PETE FOR PETEYAND A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE ''tiggers'' 8) :lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Not what I saw tonight. Logan is more than beatable you just gotta execute.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

tigercannon71 wrote:Not what I saw tonight. Logan is more than beatable you just gotta execute.

I won't disagree with you there. But, it goes back to my original post on this thread where it concerns Ironton. Look at what Portsmouth did to them on the ground, and the Trojans are not a top-notch running offense. Then, look at what Gaiters and Zanesville did to them on the ground tonight. I believe there have been plenty of years, even recently, where Ironton had the type of defense that could play with this Logan team, but just not this year.

Up in Boone County, West Virginia
There lives the outlaw Jesco White
And the way he loves to dance
Makes all men want to fight...
osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

tru dat boys, my bad....last home regular season...thanks for the correction, i'm glad i'm wrong! haha

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

lets go ironton :!: end with a bang

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Having seen them both play...I just can't think of any area of the game that Ironton matches up well in. I hate that for the Tigers, and while I expect them to not back down and play hard, I just don't think they've got the horses this year to play at the same level Logan is playing at right now. I expected the Cheifs to be very good, but they far exceeded my expectations of them.

They're every bit as good as all the hype

THANKS JESCO.
IN ALL HONESTY, I HOPE ITS A GOOD GAME FRIDAY NIGHT. ALL THE FORMER PLAYERS, GRADUATES THAT HAVE MOVED OUT OF TOWN THAT ARE COMING BACK JUST FOR THIS GAME. WOW.. YOU ALL THAT ARE COMING FROM I-TOWN HAD BETTER GET THERE EARLY. AND I'M SURE ALL THE LOGAN FAITHFUL ARE HAPPIER TO BE PLAYING I-TOWN IN THE LAST REAGULER SEASON GAME ON THE HILLTOP THEM AS IT WAS IN THE 80'S WHEN WE PLAYED ATHENS IN THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND HOPE FOR NO INJURIES.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

There is A LOT more to Logan than just Frye cannon..if you stop him, you don't beat us. It's not like that this year.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Potter was and is a force for Logan also.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

Wright, M. Angle, P. Angle, Mays, Kissling, Morgan just a couple more names that come to mind when I think of "playmakers"..not just Frye and Potter this year.

Plus, the O-line has improved SOO much since week 1. They deserve credit too.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

YES HE IS A FORCE :lol: ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE ''DOGS'' ;-) WRIGHT-FRYE-ANGLE-KISSLING AND OF COURSE POTTER[AKA FAB 5 :shock: :-D :!: ;-)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

some Pfloyd ramblings ...

... I'd throw out the names of Neff,Mays,Adams as OFFENSIVE "defensive" threats as well as Wright - I don't know the official "napkin stats" BUT these boyz have outscored a few of our opponents from on the defensive side this year ... let's face it sports fans Logan IS a TEAM on both sides of the ball - if you concentrate on cutting off one of the HEADS you will get burned offensively IF a team attacks with the run as THE mode of travel Logan has the personnel to stop the exclusive run attack while going to the air plays into an experienced secondary that takes ANY marginal pass the other way ... this 2007 TEAM sits alongside of the 2001 Purple TEAM with overall talent ... I'll go a step further and put them ABOVE the 2001 Chiefs due to the play of QB Michael Angle - nothing short of outstanding the last 5 games ... hell Luke Wright last night in P'town took hold of being the winner of POY in the North Division of the SEOAL PLUS the POY in the SOUTH Division !!!! ... has anyone else noticed the outstanding play of the O-Line since Junior Derek Shirey was moved into the lineup ? ... rumor has it that NOT ONE Logan player was listed in the Gridiron Glory Top 5 Finalist list ???!!!!!!!! ... No Wright, No Angle, No Frye, No Potter, No Kissling all adds up to "No Excuse"/"No Credibility" to GIG once again - a joke ...............

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Logan wins in a blowout.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I like logan by as much as they want... however, next week is a completely different story :lol: ;-)

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

Looks like the Chieftains will continue and roll on to week 11.
Best of luck and stay healthy.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

LOGAN could score 100 in this game, and might.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... forgot ... the last game of the "regularly scheduled" Bill Sauer Farewell Tour ... the Purple are 5-0 in putting checks beside the other games on the tour Chilli, Picktown Norte, Gallia Academy, Warren, Marietta ... Ironton??? this will be a Waitress Game - "check please" 6-0 ... one dimensional Ironton vs multi dimensional Logan on offense ... the best defense in Southern/SouthEastern Ohio in Logan vs a not very good run defense for Ironton ... hmmmmmm adds up to the Logan Victory Bell sounding for the last time in the "regular season" at Bill Sauer Field ... I would like to see ALL of the football alumni in attendance take part in the Senior Walk at the end of the game led by this years senior group ... should be a special week on the Hilltop in preparation for this one ... take Logan BIG in this one ...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

If Ironton wants to be playing week 11 they have to win this game. So the playoffs start now for them.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Logan just to much for anyone in our league this year........this is gonna get ugly.......

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

first off...conrgats on the victory last night
that was total domination and after around 3 hours on a bus and coming out that strong and focused was very impressive
we are aware that logan fans travel pretty well...but our team traveled even better last night
The secondary played great and made it tough for porter to find any recievers to throw to
the rest of the defense played very solid as well and put great pressure on porter and the trojans' backfield wasn't able to find any running room

this week--
IRONTON AT LOGAN................FINALLY
a lot of hype throughout the season but...
i think everybody knows that the outcome is self-explanatory
logan won't be stopped and will score multiple times on 'D'
Logan------82
Ironton-------7

P.S.-------------yes i said 82 pts...not a typing error ;-)
Last edited by JMoney on Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Football”