SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

2old, Not many people in Div.2, even knows who Logan is. I think Desales envy's Logan. See you at sour field on Friday ;-)

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

2old, Not many people in Div.2, even knows who Logan is

Well when you have been in D1 for every year since the playoffs began, and seeing how this is our first year in D2, I guess I could see why. If Ironton doesnt covet the SEOAL league title so much as their top priority, then get out of the darn league. Any coach worth anything would tell you thier first goal is to win the respective league they compete in. You have enough problems in Ironton to worry about what we may or may not do this year in the post season. Will Ironton even be in the post season?? Or will they be lacing up the hightops come the 29th? I assure you DeSales knows who were are and felt they needed to drive to Portsmouth to take a look. I will say Avon Lake isnt worried about us or has any clue who we are, but they reside 10 miles West of Cleveland. Do I think Logan will beat them? Anything can happen. It would take a lot but again, anything can happen. You need to stop worring about us so much and worry more about your own lacking. I would rather get to the dance and be shot down for making a move rather than not getting a date at all. Most SEOAL fans root for other teams in the postseason, but again I guess MOST fans have some form of common sense.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

LoganLocos wrote:On the contrary, I know exactly what Paladin, 2old and bird post. I've NEVER said they don't "bash" the Tigers and Coach Lutz. They DO!

You are an SEOP staff member and you acknowledge that these guys bash a team and its coach? What a shame that you've not only acknowledged it but allowed it to continue. I'd expect more out of staff.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Paladin wrote:I see my prediction for the tiggers will end up on the money ........5-5. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be sure to stretch your arms out really good before patting yourself on the back. You could hurt yourself.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Logan Grad, Ironton has made the BIG DANCE more this Century, Than Logan has made in there lifetime. :lol: :lol: As far as winning it all you are funny.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:On the contrary, I know exactly what Paladin, 2old and bird post. I've NEVER said they don't "bash" the Tigers and Coach Lutz. They DO!

You are an SEOP staff member and you acknowledge that these guys bash a team and its coach? What a shame that you've not only acknowledged it but allowed it to continue. I'd expect more out of staff.

Blind White Hat -

Notice the QUOTATION marks. That's what the Ironton folks refer to it as. I have a WHOLE LIST of Ironton posters "bashing" Logan.

It's funny that the only posters who get "suspended" are from Logan.

I'd expect more out of someone who is supposed to be "impartial."

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now theres the truth !! :lol:

Have gun, will travel
sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Palabumb, You wouln't know the truth if it hit you in the head :oops: :oops:

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan Grad, Ironton has made the BIG DANCE more this Century, Than Logan has made in there lifetime. As far as winning it all you are funny.

And when I was 12 I played with GI Joes. So what?? How's all the history working out for you this year?? My point is great for those teams and great for the tradition, but who really cares NOW!?!? You keep preaching about what they did years past. Its like me yelling "WELL NOTRE DAME HAS 11 NATIONAL TITLES AND 7 HEISMANS!!" So what? We are 1-7. Those guys arent coming back to play. Get off the dusty old wooden soapbox that has titles carved in it. Unless youcan somehow turn back time, who cares at this point?? I was around when Ironton dominated the SEOAL in EVERY SPORT ALMOST. But again; I used to have an Atari too.

And where did I say Logan would win it all, anywhere at all, in my other post?? Show me?!?! You cant. You're as credible as the relic nonsense you keep spewing.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

LG -

No offense to your Irish, but Ironton fans and Notre Dame fans are about the same. (Michigan fans too!)

Living on their past laurels because they have nothing else to talk about. Let them talk. It actually helps me sleep at night.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

LL, well maybe, but with the current #1 ranked recruiting class on the way, help is coming! ;-) Hats off to a guy who can get beat 38-0 and get a verbal from one of the best WR's in high school football!! 8)

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

LG, your waisting your time trying to make them stop talking about their past. That's all they will come back with no matter what you say.

Are you going to be able to make it back for the pep rally and the game?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

LoganLocos wrote:
sports junkie wrote:Cav, I have never posted Ironton is as good as Logan this year. I don't. Last year I think they were. Logan has a very good team playing a mediocre schedule, and by no means no more than a league Champion in a league where they are the largest team. 2old, and D1, and others who continue to blast Ironton's history, and coach can do that because Logan has no past ecxept a bad one. And yes 2old you are 1-0 against Ironton this Century, maybe 2-0 after Friday, but that's where your success begins and ends this Century. ;-)

Where has ANYONE bashed Ironton's history? I don't think you'll find that. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Everyone has said Ironton's history is GREAT.

But the 20th century belonged to the Tigers, the 21st belongs to Logan. Enjoy the ride.

Logan has no past, Ironton has no future (besides maybe an occasional league title), so I guess we're both in the same boat.

Thats pretty good stuff right there. Heres the funny thing though. Teams beat Ironton once or twice and they start to run off about how Ironton's time has come and its time for a change, but within a year or so that team has went nowhere and Ironton just continues winning and making the playoffs while that new team is just a blip on the radar screen and all the accomplishments they can claim is the beat Ironton a couple of times.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

junkie wrote
Enjoy your little SEOAL Trophy, because it's the only one you'll ever have. Like I said before, beside the league trophy, the rest of the trophy case is as always empty.

2old, you hve Fighting Tiger envy along with your buddy Palabumb.

Keep polishing your league trophy . Never beens

isn't it better to have something then nothing?? isn't why i-town re-joined the seoal? to dominant? :shock: :shock:

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

2Old, you're a hoot. Since you want to know so much about the past, here's what I know. Since '01, Ironton is 6-6 in the playoffs, playing for a Regional Championship in '05(one of your 4 years of going downhill) getting beat in 3OT's. No Championships yet, but to be honest, I'd trade the Regional Runner-up for 2 League Championships (that's all the longer we have been back in the SEOAL) anyday. I am not trying to say that Logan hasn't done well, they have. The true test, IMO, is the playoffs. If and when the Cheiftains get to play for a Regional Championship, and I truely believe that could be this year, maybe you will understand.

As far as getting over myself, well lets just say, my leap will be much easy than yours.

As for talking about the past, it is what it is. Talking about a 4-peat is talking about the past. Should the Logan posters not brag on their teams of the past? I think your teams earned you the right to talk about the past and you should.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Riverrat Tiger -

Logan played for a Regional Championship in 2000 when they lost to eventual State Champion Upper Arlington.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

So how much better would it have been if you won that game? Ironton also played in the Regional Championship that year.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

ummm, speaking of 4 peats, I think in Ironton's last stint in the Seoal, from 68 to 84, they had a 6 peat and a 7-peat 71 to 76, and 78 to 84.
or a 13 outta 14 peat. As for the present, they are still recovering from the whole Lutz retiring thing. Last year, the talent was better than average(from what i hear) but no Bob, this year, the talent is supposed to be as thin as it has been in 30 years, even with Bob, thats tough. But it will get back to normal. and, if you wanna just for fun take a guess how many league titles they woulda won from '85 till now if they had stayed, look at the results of the Seoal teams they played over that period and their overall record. My guess, at the low end 14 titles in those 22 years, and as high as 18. Logan is definately very, very good. and I hope they and any other league team does well in the playoffs. But all this talk of Logan or Zanesville being so much bigger in enrollment and Ironton not being able to compete like they once did, It hasn't mattered before, (when Ironton is going halfway decent) and shouldn't in the future when things really get back on track.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Riverrat Tiger wrote:So how much better would it have been if you won that game? Ironton also played in the Regional Championship that year.

It would have been great to win that game. But I don't like the hypotheticals of "trading championships."

Sure, I'd trade 5 or 6 league titles right now for a state title, but that's an impossibility as it stands. It can't happen.

All we can do is keep getting better. This fall and next fall the purple and white will have opportunities to advance deep in the playoffs. Will they do it? The history of ALL SE Ohio says no.

I think they'll have the opportunity.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

i would like to see ironton win but i ll have to go with logan theyre pretty good this year

Return to “Football”