SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

And I hope you get that oportunity, from someone who has stood in Massillon, The Shoe, and even the Akron Rubber Bowl watching the Fighting Tigers, there is not a better feeling in the world in High School Football.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Are you going to be able to make it back for the pep rally and the game?

I will be at the game. The Jackets have a game so I have to work Thursday night.

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Post by Atownfan2005 »

WELL, Logan is now, Ironton was then, all that matters is now!Yea Ironton dominated back in the day but nows it's all Chieftains!I take Logan in a HUGE one, to much emotion going into this game!From what I hear tomorrow night will just be a peak of whats to come Friday night for the final regular season game on Bill!I'd like to see what its gonna look like in Logan the following week if they get that home game!!!

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

its going to be a fun game.
Logan needs to put on a show for all the people that are going to show up.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

I know if there is no seats when i get there, i'll stand in front of the visitor section.Even if the Logan fans are in those seats.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here are some articles from today's Logan Daily News on Bill Sauer and the history of Bill Sauer Field:

A reprint of a 1975 article by former LDN Editor the late Jim Myers:
http://www.logandaily.com/main.asp?Sect ... eID=123741

Here is a history of Bill Sauer Field by Spencer Waugh:
http://www.logandaily.com/main.asp?Sect ... eID=123743

And here is Craig Dunn's article on Bill Sauer the man:
http://www.logandaily.com/main.asp?Sect ... eID=123742

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I knew Bill. Grew up not far from the H.S. and spent most summers at the City pool where Bill had a candy shop business. He was friends with my Dad and his brother , who both played for the Chiefs as well.

Bill was a great human being. The MD afflicted his body, but his mind was sharpe and Bill had good business sense . And Logan had no bigger sports fan.

Truly an icon in Logan sports.

Have gun, will travel
juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Where is Logans field, coming up 93?

Waiting to visualize the sight of TC 71 at an away TIGER game .
LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

coming from 93.
the easiest way...
once you come into town...(93 takes your right into town)
keep going straight(mulberry st), you will go threw 4 stop lights and turn left before the dead end on mulberry st. the field is then straight ahead.
another option.
When you get to the first light, which will be by speedway/kfc/wendys.
turn left and when you get to the first stop sign, turn right, stay on that st until you reach the h.s....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

HOLLY SNIKIES :shock: :shock:

ITS FIVE AM!!!! I'M THE ONLY IDIOT STILL ON HERE READ THIS DRIBBLE. :shock: :shock:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

HEY BAIT,
ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO HAVE A GOOD TURN OUT FRIDAY? I HOPE YOU GUYS DO. GALLIA IS ABOUT THE ONLY TEAM (THAT I CAN THINK OF) THAT HAS GOOD TRAVELING FANS. IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE A BOTH STANDS AND THE FENCE AROUND THE FIELD PACKED.

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

Those stands are gonna be packed no matter what!
It might just be a sea of purple on both sides :-D

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Rat,

I may trade a regional championship for a League title but I don't think i would a runner up. You can have it your way if you wish. But if you are in a league and don't play to win the championship what is the point?

Secondly at the level logan plays at Logan has to win the league to get invited to the playoffs. Ironton has historically made ther playoffs by getting huge play off points from out of state and out of country teams. Logan just plays in state teams.

Now about that 6-6 playoff record you mentioned. Who did you beat?

Toy Cannon,
Yes Logan beating Ironton two yearsd in a row is partially why Logan posters fel pretty good about beating the Tigers (heck plenty of posteres told us to beware). But it is also knowqing Logan is LOADED the next two years. This thing will not stop at two. And as I have said i have seen Ironton the last 4 years. This program has been on a steady decline. Tiger fans just choose to ignore it.

cptboogis
Waterboy

4 year decline lie

Post by cptboogis »

I have listened to all I can listen to and must clear up some facts. Four years ago Ironton ended up 9-1 and 1-1 in the playoffs all they did the next year was follow it up with another 9-1 record and 1-1 in the playoff, I am no math professor but I fail to see the fall off unless you are referencing the 8-2 record the next year but of course Ironton was 2-1 in the playoffs that year During these same three seasons logan's record was 6-4, 5-5, 8-2. Help me oh wise Orcalce of Dephi to understand your prophecy.
Oh by the way Ironton JV undefeated this year, freshmen lost 1 and 7th and 8th grade undefeated this year. So get your shots in now fellas it may be a bit before we have another year like this one

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Good God, what a worthless thread.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

frogger,

Ok first let me make it clear. Good JV and frosh DO NOT have much effect on me. Every school in this league brags about their JV and fosh. Heck Athens brags about their 8th grade team. All i know Logan wins at the varsity level where it counts.

Now you have just proved my point. Ironton has fallen into the trap that 1-1 is good renough in the playoffs. It may be admirable but the real Champion teams at Ironton did better than 1-1 in playoffs.

Secondly I am still waiting on someone to post who the playoff victories were over in this century.

As far as shots Ironton is the leader in giving and most of their posters have proven theyh can not take it.

I think it is a Chieftain Envy problem.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

2Old, Where did I say that we weren't playing to win the SEOAL? Just making things up as we go along huh? I would much rather be a contender in the playoffs than win the league. That is my opinion. Doing both is better. You have a chance to do that this year. Give your team some credit.

You obviously don't understand geography, let me see if I can type slow for you. Ironton is located on the Ohio River. There are some people in Ironton that can drive to Russell, KY quicker than they can get to Coal Grove, OH, which has the same zip code as Ironton. The Canada Game (singular) last year was for more than just Football. Considering you don't understand the simplest of ideas, explaining that would just be a waste of time.

As for wins, Rock Hill twice, Westfall twice, Portsmouth West once, Fairfiled Union once. FYI, in 2000 and 2001 we did beat Col. Desales.

It's good to see your interest in the Fighting Tigers.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

2 of those threads don't exist anymore.

Seems as if 10% of SEOPS continues to disappear overnight.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

Riverrat Tiger wrote:2Old, Where did I say that we weren't playing to win the SEOAL? Just making things up as we go along huh? I would much rather be a contender in the playoffs than win the league. That is my opinion. Doing both is better. You have a chance to do that this year. Give your team some credit.

You obviously don't understand geography, let me see if I can type slow for you. Ironton is located on the Ohio River. There are some people in Ironton that can drive to Russell, KY quicker than they can get to Coal Grove, OH, which has the same zip code as Ironton. The Canada Game (singular) last year was for more than just Football. Considering you don't understand the simplest of ideas, explaining that would just be a waste of time.

As for wins, Rock Hill twice, Westfall twice, Portsmouth West once, Fairfiled Union once. FYI, in 2000 and 2001 we did beat Col. Desales.

It's good to see your interest in the Fighting Tigers.

Your the smartest guy I know. Good post RRT..

NUFF SAID.................

cptboogis
Waterboy

2od

Post by cptboogis »

by pointing out the records of the underclassmen I am looking at the future. Many folks on this thread have acused Ironton as living the past, I am proud of the past and see a bright future based on the success of the lower grades

1-1 and 2-1 are not the ultimate goal but the state playoff have been around since 1972 and no school that I know of has made the state finals every year including Ironton. Back in the day when you do give Ironton credit for being great there were years when Ironton did not even make the playoffs so 1-1 or 2-1 would be pretty good

playoff victories over the last few years were against
Martins Ferry
Coshocton
Portsmouth West
Lancaster Fairfield Reunion
Ironton Rock Hill
Westfall

Return to “Football”