SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

cptboogis
Waterboy

Post by cptboogis »

so you honestly believe that all the teams that make the di playoff could beat all of the teams in the d4 playoffs. If so I have some beachfront property to sell you in Arizona. You keep practicing ok

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

frogtowner -

Here's my take:

There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between SE Ohio teams and non-SE Ohio teams come playoff time. Want proof? Look at the number of state titles for the entire area. Nothing compared to the rest of Ohio.

Ironton, Logan, 'Burg, Nelsonville-York, and anyone else has problems beating anyone outside of SE Ohio in the playoffs.

Does that mean SE teams CAN'T win these games? Of course not. But it's a much easier task to "feast on our own" than to win outside the area come playoff time.

That's not a knock on any school, just an easy observation to make by looking back at the history.

cptboogis
Waterboy

Post by cptboogis »

I would tend to agree with you loco however 2old was preposing that Ironton beat up on their neighbors while logan was playing this monsterous schedule

cptboogis
Waterboy

reason for the problem

Post by cptboogis »

one reason for the problem
se ohio does not have too man quality big schools for anyone to better themselves on. Logan Ironton or anyone else is not going to prepare themselves for a long playoff run by beating up on the Athens' of the world. Ironton gets criticised not necessarily but you but others for playing KY and WV schools but many of those teams are far and away better than the teams in se ohio outside of the last few years Ashland Ky would be strong force in the seoal as would Belfry

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbusfrogtowner -

You're going to have a hard time convincing me a team Ironton has beaten EVERY YEAR (except last year since they didn't play) since 1990 would be a "force" in the SEOAL.

That includes the 3-7 and 5-5 Ironton teams of the mid-90s. Would Ashland compete, no doubt. But be a "force?" I think not.

cptboogis
Waterboy

Post by cptboogis »

logan is a force now and Ironton beat them nearly every year prior to 1990- teams go through changes. Ashland and Belfryhave had some very good teams state champs in fact. Lets be honest here over the last few year Logan and Galia have really been the only teams in the league that you could truly call good teams maybe Jackson and once in blue moon marietta. It should not take much to convince you that there are some better KY teams out there

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Frogger,

Focus!! Some times teams in the MAC beat big ten schools.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

frogtowner -

All I know is that 3 years ago a 3-7 Marietta team was the ONLY team to beat Parkersburg South who went on to win the WV Big School State Championship.

Are there good teams in Kentucky? Sure. But there is a reason teams from Ohio look forward to scheduling those teams come playoff time.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Locos, is that #55 on Logans Oline being looked at by anyone?

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

Cannon,
Yes he is. Im not sure what schools though. If i find out more ill let you know, or im sure LL will have some better info than what i would be able to give you.

But I do know that he is thinking about skipping Bball season to keep healthy for where ever he goes in football.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ok thanks

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Its my understanding Cincinnati is very high on him.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ok heres my score prediction. It comes from man who is slightly crazy, but amazingly is usually right about these things.

Ironton 24
Logan 17

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

I definitely lean to IHS plus the generous points.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Impressive - the current page of this thread has been mostly game/player analysis!

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

Logan- 48
Ironton-14

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

logan 56-7

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Toy,

That score is funny.When is the last time you were right about anything???

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

i hope this rain stops.
Wallace is getting looked at by a number of schools.
Mainly cinci, hes been to 2 w.v.u games, and invited to rutgers games also.
He was going to attend the dayton game this weekend, but....ACT..

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

2old wrote:Toy,

That score is funny.When is the last time you were right about anything???

Im right 97% of the time. It will definitly be funny when Ironton has the most ponts at the end of the night.

Return to “Football”