WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote:Thanks for the concern but I posted what I was asked to post. You people need to get a life. It's $2.00 for goodness sakes.
I love how Burg upped their tickets to $6.00 so a family of 4 will pay $24.00 while at Waverly that same family of 4 will pay $22.00. PAY LESS OVERALL BUT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PARKING FEE - MAKES SENSE HUH?
Understand you want to get upset at what ppl post, but at the same time you are representing your school. Getting on here and telling people they need to get a life probably isn't the direction you need to take it. Think you spoke out of frustration but represent your school to a higher standard then things that are posted on a website. Hindsight is always 20/20 but probably a post that should've never been started and Waverly should've posted signs going into the parking lot, less questions and frustrations that way.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

smurray wrote:Thanks for the concern but I posted what I was asked to post. You people need to get a life. It's $2.00 for goodness sakes.
I love how Burg upped their tickets to $6.00 so a family of 4 will pay $24.00 while at Waverly that same family of 4 will pay $22.00. PAY LESS OVERALL BUT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PARKING FEE - MAKES SENSE HUH?
I was sure that I paid $5.00 at the Burg-Ironton game. Was it actually $6.00?

$5.00

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Someone from Burg said $6.00

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

smurray wrote:bman,
Where did you get they were paying $10,000 a year to take care of the grass field? They spent $50,000-$60,000 per year, if not more, to play football and soccer on a dangerous mud field - it really was pathetic. The two years prior to the installation of the turf was a disaster and with the site the way it was, they would never get grass to grow there. One end of the field was three feet lower than the other and there was NO drainage. After about week 5 it was a pathetic mud bowl.

People, the $2.00 parking is not to pay for what has already "been down". It is to offset transportation to and from ALL sporting events and for future athletic facility improvements and upgrades.
$15k tops gives quality care to a field in a given year. $10k can get the job done with a good field. I've seen studies from different schools considering turf, and these are the figures they cite to take care of a grass game field, which is used for football and soccer.
Last edited by bman on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

How long does turf last? I can understand the playoff game stuff, but if it's $500,000 to replace in 15 years it doesn't make sense.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

For everyone that don't like Waverly or Jackson's $2 parking, hope your team isn't playing Chillicothe, because it is $3 at the field there lol.

State7
Waterboy

Post by State7 »

You people are amazing. 2 dollars. 2. To help out the school and to make it best for everyone. Lose lose for Waverly obviously. We don't have enough seats people complain. We get more seats and pave the lot for a better experience for all fans and people still complain. If you don't want to pay the 2 dollars park your a.. at krogers and walk.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Waverly's release said it is also being used for transportation. If it was all going to improved facilities - I'm sure some is - it would ruffle fewer feathers.

I always find it amusing that our tax dollars pave these school lots and then we are charged again to park on them. That's not a knock on Waverly, but whole pay-to-park scheme. I understand athletics are expensive. An interesting way to help fund it.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfan wrote:How long does turf last? I can understand the playoff game stuff, but if it's $500,000 to replace in 15 years it doesn't make sense.
Field turf typically lasts 12-15 years. Replacement is about $400,000.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Waverly's release did not say transportation. Steve Murray is not a school employee.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Pay to park at Chillicothe is 3 dollars I guess because they just put in restrooms and more parking space....hmmm sound familiar? Let's start a 6 page rant about Chillicothe. (Joking please let's not). Btw can't wait to go see Waverly upgrades when the Burg plays there and yes I'm gonna pay them the 2 bucks and enjoy the game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

hbk2016,
No I am not a School employee but posted exactly what I was asked to post by the Administration.
Maintenance, future upgrades and transportation. The Newswatchman even listed to avoid "pay to play", which could be true.
It doesn't really matter, it's $2.00 and what if it does go to all of the above.

WAVERLY CAN BE PROUD OF THIS FACILITY AND IF PEOPLE DONT WANT TO PARK ON THE PARKING LOT THAN DONT - ITS YOUR CHOICE!

Return to “Football”