SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

ironton kids put up a good fight in the first quarter. by the second half they were just wore out. tiger cannon, two words, sore loser. you should be congratulating your kids for a tough stand early on but no, you choose to still show disrespect. next year is next year. unlike you i prefer to still dwell in the present. what is it with you?

make a choice cannon. past-present-future which phase would you like to live in. i am assuming by your post that you have switched from past to future, totally ignoring the present. you have proven that reality doesn't exist in your world. good luck in the FUTURE. or is it the past, not sure.

great job to both bands.

wish a safe trip home to the ironton folks.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

I already said congrats to Logan on another topic but do want to wish you well in the play offs. I was one fan that stayed to the end to watch my Tigers and thought they did an awesome job the first half. The second half looked like a different ball game though. :( I am looking forward to next year though. ;-) Both bands were great tonight. I was really impressed with Logan's band. I loved the old songs, brought back a lot of memories.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Congrats to the Chieftians

Can't wait to see Ironton play next year on your new field.

Have a good playoff run.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Toy Cannon,

I guess your Chieftain is not going to get better. One warning LOGAN will be even STRONGER next year. Cannon find a new team or a new league quick. Oh and Cannon, have a good time on your porch next week.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

2trap_4ever wrote:I'm going with calpreps which has the score being

Ironton (OH) at Logan (OH) [projection: Logan (OH) 41-14]

Logan isn't going to run up the score even though they could, if they get out to a good lead they will start resting their players, they have bigger fish to fry than running up the score on Ironton, but I will say this, if Ironton has any chance they will need to come out big play everytime and throw in some trick plays as well, now I know they won't do it but Ironton may want to think about onside kick if the kickoff to start the game, catch them off guard, do everything you can to get Logan out of their gameplan.

About the resting the players...not so much. Their starters didn't come out of the game until about 3 and a half minutes on the clock. I just hope next year's team remembers that when they come back down to the tank.

"It's not the hours you put in, it's what you put into the hours."
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Kid,

I agree.Next year the Logan starters will be so far ahead the starters will come out at the end of the third. Will that make it better when you lose again?

BTW, Ironton comes to Logan again next year. Yeah the champions get home field advantage.

And for the uneducated, many logan starters left with 8 minutes to go. Just so much talent you do not see any drop off. In fact the other guys had fewer penalties.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Good luck Logan. I honestly believe you guys have a chance to make a run in the playoffs. Just looking at schedules, I think the no. 3(IMO) team in your region has to go to Logan. I would rank Logan right ahead of them.

As for the game, listening to the geat duo of Jason and Kevin, sounded as if the Tigers made too many mistakes and Logan's running game would have worked all night.

Thanks to all of the Fighting Tiger Seniors. You guys kept fighting thru all the stuff you could not control. Good luck in all you do!

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Well considering I was on the field I noticed when the starters left the field.....they kept almost every starter in the game until under 4 minutes to go.

"It's not the hours you put in, it's what you put into the hours."
tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

9 min to go up 32 points they were playing their starters and throwing to the end zone!! congrats logan you beat the crap out of the 2 smallest schools you played :shock:

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

tl- your wrong, we beat the crap out of just about everyone we played. :-D

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

Logan beat us, that's the bottom line. I wasn't at the game, but from the radio it sounded as if Ironton kinda beat themselves (so many turnovers). Was the officiating as bad as what they made it out to be on the radio? I'm just curious. Congrats to Logan because you all played well and you deserve the credit. That being stated, don't fool yourselves into thinking that these young Tigers aren't going to be dominant in the next few year's to come. Some of you Logan posters are acting very arrogant right now...be careful. If we had won tonight we would be bragging right about now just as you are, BUT, to take last night's win into next season and make future predictions from it, could be detrimental. Keep that in mind. Good luck in the playoff's.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

DAC10 -

Ironton will be very good. But Logan's best class is also the sophomore class. I'm sure Lutz would rather play seniors than the sophomores he is, but also wants to play the best 11.

Logan's JV team went 8-0 including wins over Lancaster and Pickerington North.

Both teams should be strong in the years to come.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

I think many of us arrogant Logan posters are making predictions for the next several years based on not so much what we have done so far this year (although that helps) but mostly based on the kids we have coming up.

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

So your arrogance is excused then? Not in my book, sorry. It's pointless to argue this, but we'll see next year who's right. Again congrats on your win.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

DAC10 -

So we're arrogant b/c we think we will win, but you're NOT b/c you think you will win?

Typical Ironton fan. They can say whatever they want and it's not trash talk or arragance, but anyone who doesn't bow down and worship the Fighting Tigers is a trash talker and arrogant.

LOL at that.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

What on earth do u think this thread would look like had the tiggers won? And yes we will see next year.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

LL, Good luck next week against Lake. No more Div. 4. Let's see how arrogant you look next week ;-)

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Junkie, at least we're playing next week, football I mean, not basketball.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Junkie -

Bring 'em on. But the Chiefs opponent isn't official yet.

"We'll show up."

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

LL, That's who it will be. And they'll show up to :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”