Waverly 33 Unioto 13

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK3 Waverly (2-0) @ Unioto (2-0)

Post by smurray »

Has Beard been sitting because of transfer rules?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

He never suited up for Chillicothe, so it's due to joining the team late. I'm not sure if it's the state or Coach has rules on how many practices a player must have before being able to play in any games. He might be able to play this week, but I really have no idea.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the waverly tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

lisa has to work late. so no way I can make ironton/fairland alone. I would love to drive up there with someone from waverly. smurray you listlin''. never been to unioto.if you can shoot me a pm.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Funny what 0 & 2 will do to a guy

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Waverly could be undefeated rolling into Burg game, I think they win this week against Shermans.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

One at a time Abe.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

My sources back home tell me that Waverly is the real deal. Lots of speed in all areas! The ZT score is a bit up a surprise. But Piketon is terrible...

As for Unioto, the offense is putting up a lot of points as well but giving up that many points to McClain is an eye opener. They also have speed... special teams could be important this game.

Waverly 38
Unioto 34

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Unioto beat Vinton 34-7 in week one.
Piketon beat Vinton 36-26 in week two after the Waverly spanking.
Vinton gave up basically the same amount of points to both.
Waverly shut out Piketon, as well as a much, much better ZT team.
Does any of this mean anything? Maybe not, we'll see Friday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dontreply wrote:Funny what 0 & 2 will do to a guy

if that was directed at me about going to a local game as opposed to ironton/fairland. I've had 3 cornea transplants. and can't make trips like that by myself at night. without an extra driver.it's my cross to bear not yours.================ nuff said.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I can't help but wonder when was the last time both of these teams started 2-0 in the same season. Big game for both teams. The place will be packed.

Both teams will bring a lot of energy in to this game. Sure hope Waverly brings a good following. A fans dream come true. :)

Looks like the Tigers defensive secondary will face it's stiffest test yet.

mikepike
All State

Re: Week 3 Waverly (2-0) @ Unioto (2-0)

Post by mikepike »

Waverly is a well rounded team. I can't see Unioto being able to stop them-too many weapons. The Tiger defense has 2 shutouts in 2 games. Unioto might score, but I don't see it being too close.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

With both of these teams being in same division and same region, this is a huge game for these 2. The winner is going to walk away not only 3-0 but will be looking at quality level 2 points as both of these teams should be sporting quality records by seasons end.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Waverly destroys Unioto.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This could very well be the best game in the area Friday night.

Good luck Tigers and go SOC!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

With basically a final "walk through" tomorrow hopefully the Tigers had a great week of preparation and everyone is healthy going into this week three showdown.
One of granddaughters (who lived with us for 2 years) is in kindergarten at Unioto and has been in cheer camp this week. She will be cheering against my Tigers Friday night. What is a grandfather, who happens to be the voice of the Tigers, to do? Won't be wearing purple but may sit on the home side during the first half to watch her cheer. Save us seats on the visitors side for the second half.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote:With basically a final "walk through" tomorrow hopefully the Tigers had a great week of preparation and everyone is healthy going into this week three showdown.
One of granddaughters (who lived with us for 2 years) is in kindergarten at Unioto and has been in cheer camp this week. She will be cheering against my Tigers Friday night. What is a grandfather, who happens to be the voice of the Tigers, to do? Won't be wearing purple but may sit on the home side during the first half to watch her cheer. Save us seats on the visitors side for the second half.
That'll be a proud moment for you for sure! Congrats and I hope you're able to enjoy the game.

This was a good game last year and it turned around the Shermans season due to Hosley's injury. Which is actually a reason why they'll have some success this season when all is said and done, because it gave Clay Edler much more experience and he's played outstanding so far. This is a huge test for the Shermans before heading into league play next week with ZT. I hope to see us continue to improve and stay healthy.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly 3 and out forced to punt. Unioto takes over the ball at Waverly 38 after short punt

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Unioto 4th and 3 from Waverly 15. Unioto 15 yard touchdown pass
7-0 Unioto

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly 34 yard touchdown pass, extra point no good 7-6

Return to “Football”