Coal Grove 14 West 9

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Week 3 (1-0) Coal Grove @ (1-1) West

Post by Westfan »

CG has a talented team.
West played hard. Just couldn't punch it in when they needed to.

What calls are you saying were bad?

CGSports
Waterboy

Post by CGSports »

How about when Coal Grove recovers a fumble (3rd quarter I believe) but they give it to West.

Both teams played a great game, just hate seeing the lack of discipline for Coal Grove. The boys need to just play ball and keep their mouths shut while on the field, if you need to complain or say something negative about the officials wait until you get on the sidelines away from earshot of the refs.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Cgdude wrote:Even though coal grove won, the white hat in that game has always had it out for the grove. So they beat him also
. Should of been a lot worse.
I'm gonna have to disagree. West wins the game if an interception isn't thrown in the end zone with 4 minutes left. CG looked good, but West also looked really good, minus the turnovers.

There were some bad calls, but there weren't a whole lot of penalty flags thrown, and West had their fair share. After witnessing the atrocious officiating in the West/Portsmouth game last week, these guys looked like pros.

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

Lack of discipline? Come on pal. This team is the most disciplined team we've had in a long time. 16,17,18 year old guys are going to talk. It's just part of it. No need for you to try to start trouble for this team.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Hey I've got 2 cents here! I'm a burg guy, went to this game cause I thought it would be more fun to watch than ours lol, was right about that! Anyway, I'm in no way biased towards either team, just wanted to see a smash mouth game, wasn't disappointed. First half Coal grove was the better team, came out a little flat the 2nd half and west was fired up! But grove recovered quickly. Then came some of the worst calls I've ever seen in a football game, thrown flags mysteriously picked up, etc..... West has a good team, they should of won last week but killed themselves with 6 turnovers and a couple bad calls. Very impressed with their hustle, hard hitting and never quit attitude. IMO Grove had the better team today and they earned that win. Both teams will definitely be better the rest of the season because of this game, good luck to both teams the rest of the season and thx for a fun game obviously!

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Coal Grove 14 West 9

Post by Westfan »

On the fumble recovery, the official in the middle must've seen a Coal Grove player fly in to recover the ball and assumed they had it. It was changed because #26 for West had the ball.

The ruffing the kicker was changed because the ball was clearly tipped.

I was impressed with the skill and speed of CG.

West has a good young team. Easily could be 3-0. Players have shown alot of grit hanging in there and coming back. You just get the feeling that it's gonna click and their gonna take off. They're close. Someone has to step up on offense and be "the guy".

dontreply
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 (1-0) Coal Grove @ (1-1) Portsmouth West

Post by dontreply »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
dontreply wrote:West has to stop beating their self , and hopefully finally get a good officiating crew that's not out to get them
Well I'm at the grove/west game lol, you got your wish Obviously! Horrible calls against grove, laughable.
:lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”