Waverly 33 Unioto 13

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 3 Waverly (2-0) @ Unioto (2-0)

Post by greygoose »

Unioto 3 and out. On the punt return, Easton Wolfe takes it 72 yards for a touchdown. Waverly goes for 2, NO GOOD
12-7 Waverly

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Harris 68 yard touchdown run called back on block in the back penalty. Still 24 yard gain Waverly ball in Unioto territory at 28 yrd line. 1st down

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly throws an interception. Unioto takes over at their own 5

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Unioto throws an interception waverly ball deep in Unioto territory at the 20

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good game. Waverly is very talented and very fast at all positions. I was very impressed with the Tigers tonight, lots of big plays.

Unioto has to finish drives a bit better and eliminate big plays moving forward. Proud of the effort tonight

Outside of the one obvious play, I thought it was a very clean, hard hitting game. Kudos to the Tigers and good luck moving forward.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly 33 Unioto 13

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Never doubted that Waverly was going to post another win.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Unioto scored first on a very short field but this game was never really in question. Waverly much more physical than last year and overall team speed showed to be a difference. Tigers were without a key starter in DB/receiver Faheem Gilbert who has a sprained knee. That hurt the Tiger secondary a bit which is where Unioto scored their two TD's.
Tigers will enjoy this one another day and then start preparing for the Dragons of Fairland on Homecoming.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Thrashing Piketon had me wondering if Waverly was really good or Piketon was really bad, particularly after the NY scrimmage where the defense gave up a lot of rushing yards. Beating Zane Trace made me think it was more Waverly being good, although ZT lost some talent from last year's playoff team. And doing it again to Unioto makes be believe it even more. Exactly how good remains to be seen. Keep proving yourselves Tigers.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

Listened on the radio... sounds like a couple big plays were the difference here. Thats what good teams do...make plays when the opportunity presents itself.

Unioto should build from this heading into league play. It should be a fun ye in the league! Good luck too all teams and good luck to Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

After Unioto cut it to 26-13 Waverly put together a drive before hitting paydirt. Ate up clock and scored, Tigers can do that too.
I think this will go down as a nice quality road win for the Tigers.

Return to “Football”