Playoffs: D5 #6 Ridgewood (9-1) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

Congrats Burg!

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

PIRATE_FAN wrote:Just wondering if anyone caught the sports show with JJ on ONN News? They announced that Burg got beat by Ridgewood 21-13. Tried to call them to correct it but couldn't get through to them. So we sent an email to let them know.

Yeah I seen this!
I thought anout an email but I honestly thought they would correct this!
They didnt though! I'm sure on th enext sports site show they will address the error!

GO BURG!

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

I was able to attend my third Burg game of the year. I made it to the Johnson Central game and the West game. I thought the Burg should have won the JC game, but just couldn't put the ball in the endzone when they got in the redzone. The West game I thought they came out flat and then once they turned it up a notch, they dominated West.

In last nights game I thought they went away from what got them where they are at way to much. No. 10 is a heck of an athlete, but I thought he touched the ball way more then he should have. Sure he looked good against West, but that was just it, that was West and not a playoff caliber team like Ridgewood. My buddy from the Burg was saying that they have been running No. 10 quite a bit the last few weeks. He said he is definetly going to be a hell of a QB the next two years, but for right now, they need to stick with No. 12. He is one of the main reasons they are in the playoffs and his adage was, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" and I have to agree 100% with him. He thought it was almost like the Burg coaching staff ouththinks itself sometimes. The Burg has some great receivers and No. 12 can get the ball to them. It doesn't matter if he is off just a little, those guys can readjust to the ball and then make some spectacular catches. The two back to back catches right before the half was two of the better catches I have ever seen. The first one by No. 5 was very nice, but then I think the catch No. 11 made was even better. It was over his shoulder, going down the middle with defenders bearing down on him and one right on top of him. Both very nice and should have teams take notice that this team can score from anywhere on the field with very little time left.

I was sitting in the stands down towards the main concession stand, to the left. In the area that I was in there was a fan that was cussing at the players and one time he even screamed at the QB, "throw the F****ing ball. Quit holding onto it." Very tasteless and very classless. Come on man, these are high school kids out there and plus there was all kinds of kids sitting around him. Very out of line and very uncalled for.

Good luck Burg next week and I hope to try and make it to the game. Just have to see how the cards fall. If I'm able, I will be there rooting for a local team to do good.

BLUTO
FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Congrats and good luck throughout the playoffs.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Nice picture Doc.

FaberGrad, I think the guy doing all the cussing and yelling in the stands needs to have someone say something to him or he needs to be reported to the AD. There is no excuse for acting like that and especially cussing at kids from the stands. He evidently has absolutely no class and needs to be removed from the stands. Do you know who this guy is?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Nice picture Doc.

FaberGrad, I think the guy doing all the cussing and yelling in the stands needs to have someone say something to him or he needs to be reported to the AD. There is no excuse for acting like that and especially cussing at kids from the stands. He evidently has absolutely no class and needs to be removed from the stands. Do you know who this guy is?

I think iI know who ur talkin about!
wont mention any names but he has a pepper color beard
do u happen to sit anywhere near the press box?
I think his last name rhymes with right? He may be a relative!
Very loud, VERY obnoxious!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

#10 scored 3tds against a playoff team in week 9 against waverly. I like the qb switch in the redzone. Its not as easy to throw the ball inside the 10 and lang runs the option better than drew. the burg has to be cute and run the option in the redzone because they are not going to line up and be able to pound it in against very many teams.

Just a Pup
Waterboy

Post by Just a Pup »

fbnut, no doubt the coaches are trying to find some way to run the football in the red zone. Difficult to throw down there, as we all know.
The issue I have with the tactic is that the offense is trying to execute without their playmakers in the game.

Jenkins is almost never in the wing package. Cook is only in at times and Spradlin is rarely in. I think we took Waverly completely by surprise, which is why it worked well. Against really strong, physical teams, like last week, I don't see it being very effective.

For me, I would rather see the playmakers trying to make plays when it matters most.

Congrats to Pirates ! Well prepared team that executed well.
Good luck this weekend.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Neutron Man wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Nice picture Doc.

I think iI know who ur talkin about!
wont mention any names but he has a pepper color beard
do u happen to sit anywhere near the press box?
I think his last name rhymes with right? He may be a relative!
Very loud, VERY obnoxious!

That's the guy alright. I don't sit in the stands and never have. I have stood on the hill on the end by the scoreboard for around 25+ years and that's where I will always be during home games. I have heard numerous people complain about this guy and I was told he was the older brother of a parent of a player. I think first and foremost his brother should say something to him because he is embarrassing the family, and if not that, then the AD should say something to him. I can't believe the people sitting around him haven't said something yet. His comments are inappropriate and totally uncalled for. I was told by a few people that he stood up and yelled "Throw the effin' ball" at the game on Friday against Ridgewood and that is ridiculous to let that type of behavior go unchecked in the stands of a high school football game.

Return to “Football”