Waverly vs. Westfall is here

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bugii,
I didn't say anything about wanting to sit on the home side. Where did that come from? Don't get on here and say you'd be happy to play us anywhere. If it was at Piketon or Valley, Westfall folks would be irate, don't kid yourself. I DID SAY THIS VENUE IS A SLAP IN FACE TO BOTH TEAMS, BOTH SCHOOLS AND THEIR FANS, not just to Waverly.

They didn't pick Jackson because Westfall hadn't played on turf? Yet they pick a place where Westfall had already played this year.

If playing at Jackson would have given Waverly an advantage it only makes sense that playing at Teays Valley gives Westfall the advantage.
Peden would have been the perfect choice with both D4 games being played in a double header. WHAT A DAY OF FOOTBALL IN A GREAT VENUE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Facy is folks it is a football field, it is the same length at every stadium. the game is about the kids on the field not the fans in the stand, or in this case the fans standing around the field.

Who know TV may go out and get extra seating for the visitor side. Like I said earlier it could be worse ST.C/LH is playing at Z-ville.

NOW BACK TO THE GAME

If westfall Offense connects like they did last week, and the Defense continues to stop the scoring as they have all year Westfall should win this game.

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Will someone be posting the play by play on here Saturday night??? It would be much appreciated by those of us out of the listening area......

Any chance that 99.3 out of Portsmouth would be covering this game??? I actually might be able to pick that station up.

I truly feel the winner of this one will make it to the State Semifinals! Good luck to both schools.

"The Greatest Show on Turf"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree mstangmom, both teams will be playing on the same field, I just think everyone involved deserved better. This is a huge D4 game (billed all year long), not a small D6 game.

Waverly will prepare hard this week and will show up Saturday night ready to play football. Everyone keeps saying how Waverly has not seen this kind of speed and has not played against this good of a defense and so on. I don't think Westfall has played a team as good as Waverly yet this season so it will be interesting.

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

tiger2010, in a previous post you DID say it was a concern for the waverly fans to sit on the visitors side because of the seating. Did jackson even put in for a Saturday game? I know they did for Friday, but I don't think they did for Saturday. The MUSTANGS would come and play in YOUR backyard if that is where they scheduled the game and not complain as you have. I am not saying that they got this right, but what are we going to do about it, you can continue to complain or we can talk football. I don't think your turf issue comes into play until next week in the regional finals and they like to play those games on turf. GO MUSTANGS!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I think that the Tigers will pull out a close win ............. don't get why Westfall is basically get two homes games in the first two rounds of the playoffs but anywho............. Waverly 34 Westfall 28

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Bug Turf may not even com into play then, Remember last year the put the regional final at zanesville, and Bellaire played there the week prior to that agiainst us. If st. clairville wins against licking heights I almost bet that they will play at zanesvile again for the final.
(I think Z-ville is in good with the OHSAA, crappy seating for visitors but they get some big games for playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Hey bug, with all that smack-talking, you might forget to look where you're going and run smack dab into a windshield...SPLAT!!! Come on man, you guys are going to come in our back yard and play...give me a break! Yeah, we're whining quite a bit on here, but I think it's justified. It's only Monday. Give us a couple of days to digest this location and we'll get over it. Heck, even your coach thought it was a travesty, and Scott definitely is a classy fellow. The bottom line is it will be a great football game, but make no mistake, this location blows!

osellstickets
Waterboy

Post by osellstickets »

Waverly in a dominant fashion....can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your toes are getting stepped on, you aren't moving them fast enough
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bug,
Did you read the article in the Gazette that I linked for you and the statements by coach Keller? Here's one for you:
"Teays Valley wasn't even discussed," Keller admitted. "If I were Waverly, I'd be upset about it."
That leads me to think Westfall would be upset if the shoe was on the other foot so don't come on here saying something else. Do you speak for the coach?
He also said it was a clear advantage to them.
Talk smack all you want, you would be upset if the tables were turned.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

If Cain and Goes go out there and connect like they did last week and the defense continue to play like they did all year, Westfall will win it. we got to play mistake free and control the ball.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

bug ii wrote: Second, tigers2010, if you wanted to sit on the home side, you should have beaten the burg, then you would have.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town, so I won't get to go. However, if I went and the home side (Westfall in this case) had the only available seating remaining, I would sit there myself. Can't stand for 2 1/2 hours. Might make some new friends in the process.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

It's starting to rain up this way right now.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

just for comparison issues:

Waverly's opponents have combined record of 56-57

Westfalls opponents have combined record of 50-62

I just have one questions after looking at this...exactly how much has Westfalls starting lineup been in the game? Their average margin of victory is almost 34 points per game. Obviously as much of a class act as coach keller is, he's not going to leave most of his starters in for the second halves. Just curious to see what would happen and how they would react if they actually have a barn-burner and have to play the whole game......

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfall starters will be ready for the ENTIRE game that will not be a problem

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Mustangmom, how many seniors are on the Westfall team? How many kids play both ways?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

we returned like 16 seniors this year, many of which has been playing varsity since they were Frosh and soph. who plays both ways depends on who we are playing and what type of offense we are facing. every player has a back-up who is equal to them in that position. by that I mean for example B. gibson a JR was injured on the second play of the c-ville game and went to the hospital, keller put in his back-up and you never knew gibson was not there cause his replacement was doing everything that he would have done.

wavern
Waterboy

Post by wavern »

Waverly will win this game. Waverly has too much on both sides of the ball. Waverly 28 Westfall 24

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

I look for this to be a great match-up. These two teams deserve to be here and will be prepared for the game on Saturday. It'll be interesting to see what defense Waverly plays against Westfall's talented offense and vice versa. Let's go Waverly!!!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

1. Westfall has to keep its foot on the gas. They got a bit sloppy against New Lex in the second half.
2. No turnovers.
3. Good special teams
4. Waverly will not score 24 or 31 points on this defense. It ain't going to happen folks. If Waverly is as banged up in the running game as everyone said, Westfall should be able to defend against the pass. We'll see.
5. The Westfall offense will score. I look for 28 points and maybe a few more. If you kick to Cline, add a few more points.
6. Westfall 28 Waverly 14.
Last edited by bman618 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”