Waverly vs. Westfall is here

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

What makes everyone think that it's easy to score on Waverly's defense? When did they become so horrible? They only gave up 14 points to a superfast Union Local team.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Maybe it's that 31 Burg hung up on Waverly. Or 21 to a 5-5 South Point team.

Look, Waverly is a good football team. It's going to be a good game. These are just predictions. But all things being equal, if Westfall plays their game, they win in my book.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Evidently you didn't see the South Point game and are strictly looking at the outcome. South Point returned one interception for a touchdown and never had a scoring drive over 35 yards due to turnovers. As far as Wheelersburg, they came out ready to play and played a flawless game. They outplayed Waverly and would have scored multiple points on ANY team that night. Look deeper than just a final score to dissect a game.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

That's almost homefield advantage for Westfall, how pathetic OHSAA!

Go Waverly Tigers knock the Mustangs out! That's another team that needs to leave the SVC and try to get into the MSL (Buckeye Division)! But they won't, there to scared past TV, LE and Circleville. Sounds like Logan, talk big and tuff but afraid to move up. The Mustangs must be afraid to play Amanda Clearcreek, Columbus Hamliton Twp, Canal Winchester and Bremen Fairfield Union. They like running over the little Ross County D5 and D6 Teams, except ZT, Unioto who are D4 along with Piketon D4 in the SVC. :-D

I am pulling for Waverly :!:

GO Tigers :!: :-D

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

I've seen Waverly once and Westfall twice. People can talk about their offenses all they want, the defense of these two teams are why they are so good. Their offenses are great, but both of those defenses are big, fast, can move, and are the best part of their teams. Neither team is going to score more than 21. Not going to happen. In fact, I'll say the first one to 21 wins.

I think the most fun prediction for this game will be total in attendance, because seriously, SVC folk are going to pick Westfall and SOC folk are going to pick Waverly, and anyone who hasn't seen both teams shouldn't be allowed to pick a score. Take into account the location (enough of that nonsense, it doesn't matter where this game is played), hype, talent and coaching level of both teams, ramifications, this game is everything that high school sports are about. I'm going to say 6,000 in attendance. 8,000 had it been played somewhere bigger.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

That's a great post hogfarmer.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Army, kind of how Chillicothe tucked their tail from a good conference like the OCC to join the SEOAL? The SEOAL is a league with a few D2 but D3 and D4 schools in it for a mostly D2 school through its recent history (I know you're D3 right now but the new schools will help get that enrollment back up) . The SEOAL couldn't hold the OCC's jock.

BTW...Westfall plays Teays Valley, Circleville and Logan Elm all right now. I'm a proponent of Westfall going to the MSL (there isn't room right now) because I think it makes sense, but that's their decision, like it was Chilly's to run away from the big boys.

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

Army,

Are you serious? Because that is just childish. I love how some people are blaming Westfall for this. I do recall with the last post even their coach said he disagreed with it. And Westfall is scared of the MSL? Teays Valley and Circleville have both finished in the top two of the MSL the last few years and they have beaten them handily. That team would have dominated the MSL this season and last just like they did the SVC. And not sure how you can talk any trash on Logan seeing as how the Cavs beat them last year. You lost to them this year so now they should leave? And do your homework, the SVC is made up of 4 DIV schools and 4 DV schools.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Good point hogfarmer. But these are just predictions and really don't hurt anything. SVC and MSL folks will go with Westfall and SOC and prob most of the SEOAL will go with Waverly. Both are fine football teams and you have to do something right to make it to the Sweet 16 of high school football.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Ya know when DIV Zane Trace won the league 2 years in a row, there was nothing said about them beating up on smaller weaker schools. and BTW Westfall does play the in the Bidddy MSL buckeye, there is no room for them at the high school level. If there were we would be better off and like hog farmer said we would have won it the last 2 years. and the two years before that probaly had 2nd in the MSLbuckeye. and Up Until a few years ago Westfall scrimmaged hamilton twp and always won that so they were not helping us so we switched to clinton massie.

And lets look at waverly then army their league consists of what ALL DIV and DV schools just like the SVC HMMMMMMMMMMM. Oh and let us not forget they were DII the last 2 years beating up on those weaker smaller schools.

Sounds to me like the 2 schools are beating up on the same size schools.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

bman618 wrote:Army, kind of how Chillicothe tucked their tail from a good conference like the OCC to join the SEOAL? The SEOAL is a league with a few D2 but D3 and D4 schools in it for a mostly D2 school through its recent history (I know you're D3 right now but the new schools will help get that enrollment back up) . The SEOAL couldn't hold the OCC's jock.

BTW...Westfall plays Teays Valley, Circleville and Logan Elm all right now. I'm a proponent of Westfall going to the MSL (there isn't room right now) because I think it makes sense, but that's their decision, like it was Chilly's to run away from the big boys.

I'm not gonna fight Army's battle for him because I have nothing against Westfall ,whatever league they are in. I don't see them as dodging anyone . But I do take exception w/ the Chilly comment and the OCC. The OCC was no longer feasible for us. The schools up there are just to large and getting larger .Actually we aren't projected to be D2 anytime soon in FBall. We are actually 2 years early on the D3. We were told in Freshman Orientation 2 years ago, that when the class graduated we would be D3 the following year. That class is now Juniors. I personally hope that Chilly could get in MSL . I dislike the travel in the SEOAL.
Last edited by chilltown on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

g_man75
Waterboy

Post by g_man75 »

I've heard several try to predict how their team is superior to the team they're facing by using certain games and the final scores to show that their team is superior or better than the other and that just can't be done. Waverly beat Minford 33 to 2, Miinford lost to the Burg by only 5, the Burg beat Waverly 31 to 7, St. Clairsville beat Burg 21 to 7 and barely got by Union Local in double overtime. Then Waverly beat Union Local. I dare you to make sense of that and predict the outcome of this one. I'm going to predict a Tiger Victory because I'm a Tiger Fan. LOVE THEM TIGERS! It"s as good a reason as anything else I've heard. Looking forward to a Great game between two very good teams.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

How exactly did Waverly get thrown under the bus? These posts were concerning Chillicothe and Westfall. They had nothing to do with Waverly.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

This is gonna be a great Game , I wish it would have been here in Chilly . I'll take Westfall by a count of 23-18 ,mainly because I'm pals w/ Keller. LOL...should be a barnburner of 2 evenly matched teams.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

BACK TO THE GAME

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I don't think anyone has said anything about on team or the other having to much speed as when it come to that I would say we may be about even.
but it sure seems westfalls O and D are really being underestimated in this match-up. which is fine keep on underestimating this team and you will regret it come Sat. night.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

And lets look at waverly then army their league consists of what ALL DIV and DV schools just like the SVC HMMMMMMMMMMM. Oh and let us not forget they were DII the last 2 years beating up on those weaker smaller schools.

TIME OUT:

Don't really want to get in between this mstangmom/Army spat....just two (minor) points of correction:
Waverly was D-III last year not D-II
and not all the SOC-2 schools are D4-5, as I believe Northwest is still D-III.

Ding! Fight on....

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

NW is DIV I checked joe eitel to be sure and I was thinking DIII when I typed it and just didn't push the (I) enough times.

19eightyfive
Waterboy

Post by 19eightyfive »

g_man75 wrote:I've heard several try to predict how their team is superior to the team they're facing by using certain games and the final scores to show that their team is superior or better than the other and that just can't be done. Waverly beat Minford 33 to 2, Miinford lost to the Burg by only 5, the Burg beat Waverly 31 to 7, St. Clairsville beat Burg 21 to 7 and barely got by Union Local in double overtime. Then Waverly beat Union Local. I dare you to make sense of that and predict the outcome of this one. I'm going to predict a Tiger Victory because I'm a Tiger Fan. LOVE THEM TIGERS! It"s as good a reason as anything else I've heard. Looking forward to a Great game between two very good teams.

NO DOUBT!!! if anyone can make sense of that mess of games you must be talkin to God. no matter what, I'll be cheerin my butt of for the tigers and hopefully they will rock my face off! i haven't seen westfall but i respect them, you've got to be good to make it this far, so no predictions here. GO TIGERS!!!

waverly tiger and southern ohio pride

Return to “Football”