mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

eagles73,
Waverly's punter was doing what he was instructed do to, directional punting. He was keeping the ball away from Gust. That is also why many kickoffs went out of bounds. Don't judge the Tiger kicking game on that game Saturday night.

The status of Malone and Rowland will make a huge difference for the Tigers. Waverly must be able to run the ball. If the O-line steps up and Waverly is able to run the ball, the Tigers could be on their way to the Regional Title game. Waverly's D is very good at making adjustments (Burg, Union Local are great examples) so if the Tigers are ahead or close at halftime they should be in good shape.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

anyone else hear a rumor that Teays Valley may want the game time moved to earlier in the day on saturday?

Would Westfall and Waverly have to agree to that or is it an OHSAA decision?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Army, Chillicothe did tuck its tail and run. The SEOAL can't hold a candle to the OCC. If you're all for competition and everything like you blast Westfall for, you should've stayed in the OCC. There are some schools similiar to your size in that league overall. Now you're beating up on three smaller division schools and in a league that has had very limited postseason success in most sports. If you want to bash Westfall go ahead, but let's call a spade a spade. You perceive Westfall playing in a league of smaller schools. It's even easier to perceive that Chillicothe ran from the big boys to play in a league of smaller schools that has struggled to achieve much success in the postseason.

BTW...Learn how to do some math. The MSL Buckeye has EIGHT schools, not seven. So we're going to add a ninth school and play an unbalanced schedule? That ain't happening to bring in Westfall. The only opening was the Cardinal Division when Chilly came calling and its D5 and D6 schools mostly.

The SVC is an okay league most seasons but Westfall's talent the past two and especially this season has been an overmatch. I personally think Westfall would be better served with a move to the MSL in a few years when some of the schools start outgrowing the Buckeye Division, but that is their choice. Just like it was Chilly's to leave the OCC for the SEOAL. It made sense for them from a competition point of view and having more in common with their league rivals. I don't fault them for that but I laugh when a Chilly person has the you know what to blast someone else's league decision when they themselves made a move down.

On the SVC title questions, Westfall has 13 SVC titles in football I believe.
Last edited by bman618 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Mustangmom, I'm currently at OSU till Wednesday night so I don't have any access to that type of information at a library.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

sirwalterscott wrote:anyone else hear a rumor that Teays Valley may want the game time moved to earlier in the day on saturday?

Would Westfall and Waverly have to agree to that or is it an OHSAA decision?

I heard Waverly and Westfall both declined to have the game moved, and I don't blame them. If Teays Valley can't accomidate the game they need to contact the OHSAA. The only people that have a conflict problem is Teays Valley. See you all at 7 Saturday

GO TIGERS

GO TIGERS
Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I went to the waverly game last saterday, I dont think waverlys DB's have to worry about the speed they faced in number 7(Gust) but sometimes it looked like there offense stalled a little. And agianst Westfall, you cant do that they thrive on mistakes, but if Waverlys offense is clicking watch out. Walls has to have an out stading game for them to have a chance. I say Westfall 35 Waverly 28.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I like the game right where it is, but of course that is for selfish reasons. I can attend the first half of the OSU game and then drive down to Teays Valley for the Westfall-Waverly game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Why did TV want to change the time? If they can't accomodate the game, MOVE IT!
I thought I read they don't even have telephone lines for the radio broadcasts, NICE.

wavern
Waterboy

Post by wavern »

A little birdy told me that the tigers have been workng on a new offensive scheme for this game. Some radical changes!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

wavern, don't let the cat out of the bag - it's only Tuesday. The CATS come out roaring Saturday night!

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

Boy, that sounds smart. Make a number of radical changes, and go away from the things that got you this far. If this is true, which I have a hard time believing it is, Waverly will get behind the 8 ball real quick. No way a team can have success this far in the season with something they are practicing in one week, especially against a defense like Westfall's. No better way to sow the seeds of doubt in your players than by telling them you are making drastic changes to what they have been successful doing. It's like your telling them they can't win playing the way they have. No way does Waverly belive that or make any "drastic" changes whatsoever.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

1. Westfall isn't a big fish in a small pond. They are having a run of success in football,as has been enjoyed by other schools in the league in the past. Their success hasn't carried over into all of the other sports, although they are generally competitive.

2. I think this game will boil down to the Tiger offense against the Mustang defense. The tigers didn't look to good from a protection standpoint the first half against Union Local, but they were a different team in the second half. Westfall has not faced a quarterback as good as Walls. He has a major league arm, and receivers who can catch the ball. Support from the running game will definitely help.

3. Chillicothe had no business being in the OCC. Period. Moving to the SEOAL was a smart move. We all want to win, not just be competitive. In many instances in the OCC, Chillicothe was neither. If you want to be in a particular league just to say you are in that league, fine.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Is this a Waverly/Westfall thread, or is it about Chillicothe's league choice? I know it's easy to get sidetracked, especially when smack-talk is happenin', but back to the topic at hand...

I think this may be the best match-up around...I can't wait to see this football game. All the talk about O and D is great, but I really see special teams having a big impact in this game. We have to do a good job of winning the field position battle. We did a decent job of this Sat., but unfortunately it led to our defeat at Burg. Westfall is a disciplined football team, and we can't put them on a short field all night. Mason must have a great night kicking off, and Derek will have to be solid in the punting game (although I hope we don't use him much). We got a nice test last Sat. with our coverage teams...we didn't do a bad job, but I think we have to be better this week. I'm sure Coach Owens will have us ready to go. Waaaaaverly! Waaaaaaverly!

tiger_balla
Freshman Team

Post by tiger_balla »

wavern,

An inside source has assured me that Waverly will not be changing its offensive scheme for this week. We will make adjustments according to what is working and what is being stopped.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

chilltown wrote:
bman618 wrote:Army, kind of how Chillicothe tucked their tail from a good conference like the OCC to join the SEOAL? The SEOAL is a league with a few D2 but D3 and D4 schools in it for a mostly D2 school through its recent history (I know you're D3 right now but the new schools will help get that enrollment back up) . The SEOAL couldn't hold the OCC's jock.

BTW...Westfall plays Teays Valley, Circleville and Logan Elm all right now. I'm a proponent of Westfall going to the MSL (there isn't room right now) because I think it makes sense, but that's their decision, like it was Chilly's to run away from the big boys.

I'm not gonna fight Army's battle for him because I have nothing against Westfall ,whatever league they are in. I don't see them as dodging anyone . But I do take exception w/ the Chilly comment and the OCC.

The OCC was no longer feasible for us. The schools up there are just to large and getting larger .Actually we aren't projected to be D2 anytime soon in FBall. We are actually 2 years early on the D3. We were told in Freshman Orientation 2 years ago, that when the class graduated we would be D3 the following year. That class is now Juniors. I personally hope that Chilly could get in MSL . I dislike the travel in the SEOAL.

I second those comment chilltown. Everyone acts like CHS cowared and ran w/ a yellow stripe down it's back, but if anyone looks at it with some sense from a logistical view point, they'd make the same move. This year was a down year, and would have been worse if in the OCC. Even last year could'e easily been a bad year. I think I'll take the good memories of a winning season and a playoff berth, regardless of who and where the W's and L's came from. With the growing rate of the OCC and the shrinking enrollment at CHS, we would have been asked to leave this year when we dropped to D3 anyways. They have a clause in their by-laws that say the schools must maintain a certain size or leave. Maybe we should've just waited and got kicked out that way we would look tougher in the eyes of our critics. :shock:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

CAN WE STOP WITH ALL THE CHILLI RAN AND WESTFALL IS TO BIG FOR THE SVC CRAP.

I started a thread for the westfall crap start your own for the chilli stuff we are wanting to talk about the Westfall vs Waverly game in here.

19eightyfive
Waterboy

Post by 19eightyfive »

Gucci wrote:How exactly did Waverly get thrown under the bus? These posts were concerning Chillicothe and Westfall. They had nothing to do with Waverly.

hey, people who read this thread want to read about waverly and westfall. im pretty sure chillicothe has nothing to do with this game. anyways, dig deep tigers we got a tough game ahead, play with your heart and shut'em down on saturday!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Okay I'm going to play the numbers game this week too since nobody else has done it. Yes, I know it means nothing but with my lack of a life its something to do.

Waverly's defense allows 12.81 ppg
Westfall's defense allows 7.18 ppg

Waverly's offense scores 33 ppg
Westfall's offense scores 41.09 ppg

Waverly's opponents' record 56-46
Westfall's opponents' record 50-62

Waverly's record vs. playoff teams 2-1
Westfall's record vs. playoff teams 2-0

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Reading this stuff makes me laugh. First of all the kids playing on Saturday had nothing to do with what division or league they play in. The kids go out and play whatever team is put in front of them by an AD years in advance. The AD has no idea what school is going to be a powerhouse in a couple years.

As far as the location who cares as long as they are playing the game. Who cares if one team has to travel a little further? It would make no difference b/c people who wan to see the game will travel. If you want to get technical they are lucky they don’t just allow the higher seat to keep home field advantage. Both teams have won at home and on the road so no advantage.

I will be cheering on the Mustangs, but congratulations to both teams for having a great season and making high school football fun to watch

Return to “Football”