Waverly vs. Westfall is here

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

G&B from huddle all that tells us is these 2 teams are so evenly matched that they mirror each other

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Outsider wrote: If you want to get technical they are lucky they don’t just allow the higher seat to keep home field advantage. Both teams have won at home and on the road so no advantage.

that is so true:

1. Tournament Sites
1.1 Regional quarterfinal games will be played at the home site of the highest ranked teams in each
region. Quarterfinal games will be played at the time and on the date as adopted by the Board of
Control. If the site of the higher ranked team is not available at that time/date then the higher
ranked team shall obtain a neutral site. If a neutral site is not available the game will be played at
the opponent’s field. When the host site has an unlighted field the game will be played at 1:30
p.m. on November 3.
1.2 The Commissioner will select the sites for all regional semi, final and the state semifinal games.
The site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available and, when feasible, in
a general area between the two schools.
1.3 The Commissioner retains the authority to assign any tournament game to the home site of a
competing team, but primary consideration is given to a site not used as a home site by either
team during the regular season.

I looked that up it could be worse they could have had it at WESTFALL

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Just Read this on JJ

From today's Circleville Herald:
"Bise checked with the OHSAA Monday and found that neither Jackson nor Ohio University submitted applications to host, although they are listed as possible sites on the OHSAA website.
"Once you've hosted a game, you're listed on there," Bise said. "It hasn't
been updated."

For the full article, go to:
http://www.circlevilleherald.com/
Click on "View Electronic Edition" in the upper left corner and scroll down to page B 1.

Teays Valley has seating for 3,300 (2,100 home and 1,200 visitors). Parking will be $2.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The only reason why I brought up Chilly was because one of their fans was complaining about Westfall beating up on a bunch of little schools, which isn't true. When the next school figures come out, Westfall could be middle of the pack in the league. I just found it funny how Chilly actually did do what their poster was criticizing Westfall for and I pointed it out. Personally, I think it was the right move for Chilly but I wouldn't be criticizing Athens, Westfall or anyone else's league if I were a Chilly fan.

The end.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I heard about this Monday morning and posted it on one of the sites. Peden and Jackson didn't make themselves available so TV was the real only choice and a good one because they have a nice facility.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OH and I just checked the WKKJ website they are broadcasting the game
Airtime starts at 6:45pm

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

An ideal place would've been Ross County. But look at the stadiums down there. Unioto is the closest to hosting a playoff game in my opinion but they have seating and a few other issues. So that leaves Pickaway or Fairfield. Driving up 23 is the easiest thing for Waverly fans. I've been down to Waverly for sectional games with Westfall and it's an easy drive.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

mstangmom wrote:OH and I just checked the WKKJ website they are broadcasting the game
Airtime starts at 6:45pm

Hey, I 'll be able to listen on the radio and understand what is going on for a change, not just a bunch of screaming and hollering. :) :) :)

Army
S

Post by Army »

danicalifornia wrote:Logan Elm left in the Mid 70's
Bishop Flaget would still be in it...if it was still open.
Unioto actually did leave the SVC for the SCOL for 2 years in the mid 70's, but those are the only changes since the late 60's.

I thought Logan Elm left the SVC in the mid-60's?

Army
S

Post by Army »

mstangmom wrote:
Outsider wrote: If you want to get technical they are lucky they don’t just allow the higher seat to keep home field advantage. Both teams have won at home and on the road so no advantage.

that is so true:

1. Tournament Sites
1.1 Regional quarterfinal games will be played at the home site of the highest ranked teams in each
region. Quarterfinal games will be played at the time and on the date as adopted by the Board of
Control. If the site of the higher ranked team is not available at that time/date then the higher
ranked team shall obtain a neutral site. If a neutral site is not available the game will be played at
the opponent’s field. When the host site has an unlighted field the game will be played at 1:30
p.m. on November 3.
1.2 The Commissioner will select the sites for all regional semi, final and the state semifinal games.
The site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available and, when feasible, in
a general area between the two schools.
1.3 The Commissioner retains the authority to assign any tournament game to the home site of a
competing team, but primary consideration is given to a site not used as a home site by either
team during the regular season.

I looked that up it could be worse they could have had it at WESTFALL

He or She must be a Westfall Alum :-D

Go Tigers beat the Mustangs :!:

g_man75
Waterboy

Post by g_man75 »

bman618 wrote:An ideal place would've been Ross County. But look at the stadiums down there. Unioto is the closest to hosting a playoff game in my opinion but they have seating and a few other issues. So that leaves Pickaway or Fairfield. Driving up 23 is the easiest thing for Waverly fans. I've been down to Waverly for sectional games with Westfall and it's an easy drive.

I'm not concerned about it being an easy drive. I'm more concerned about seating for all the fans. That seems more important to me. Heck, If driving a little further makes that possible it would be a no brainer for me.
Oh Well, It won't stop me from being there because I'm a die hard Tiger Fan. Go Tigers!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

mstangmom wrote:Just Read this on JJ

From today's Circleville Herald:
"Bise checked with the OHSAA Monday and found that neither Jackson nor Ohio University submitted applications to host, although they are listed as possible sites on the OHSAA website.
"Once you've hosted a game, you're listed on there," Bise said. "It hasn't
been updated."

For the full article, go to:
http://www.circlevilleherald.com/
Click on "View Electronic Edition" in the upper left corner and scroll down to page B 1.

Teays Valley has seating for 3,300 (2,100 home and 1,200 visitors). Parking will be $2.

It's rigged, as stated, must be a Westfall Alum or know someone at Westfall. :-D

GO Waverly :!: :-D

Beat Westfall :!: :-D

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

So now Westfall runs the OHSAA HUH Army, can you find anything else to complain about?

First you flooded Logan with all your comments cause you can't stand them for winning so much, Now they are done with football so you need to go after westfall for having a winning program.

Shouldn't you be in the BASKETBALL FORUM

Army
S

Post by Army »

mstangmom wrote:So now Westfall runs the OHSAA HUH Army, can you find anything else to complain about?

First you flooded Logan with all your comments cause you can't stand them for winning so much, Now they are done with football so you need to go after westfall for having a winning program.

Shouldn't you be in the BASKETBALL FORUM

GO Tigers beat Westfall :!:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Again, no Peden or Jackson. Where do you play this game? The bigger facilities are in Columbus or Lancaster.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Let's stop whinning about venues and leagues and break down the matchups.

Obviously both of these teams are very talented. Looking forward to get a look at Waverly for the first time this year and Walls at QB.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

bman618 wrote:Let's stop whinning about venues and leagues and break down the matchups.

Obviously both of these teams are very talented. Looking forward to get a look at Waverly for the first time this year and Walls at QB.

Amen

GO TIGERS
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

How do the special teams shape up for both squads. In close matchups, this area of the ballgame can be huge.

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

best of luck T I G E R S from this WHEELERSBURG fan!!!

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

The Tigers have a very "Good" kicker and punter. However, their coverage seems to be lacking at times.

Return to “Football”