Logan Football 2008

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Its funny to me how when guys get put in thier place, thier only response is to say something not even relevent to this forum.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoganLocos wrote:
Army wrote:
GAHS7462 wrote:
.500 at best and no playoffs.

I second that

Still better than Chillicothe's 4-6 mark from this year.

47-18. Enjoy the summer.

Why don't you go see if your round ball team can even play b-ball this season. They will need all the help thy can get when they play Chilli at the CAVS Gym this year. Just like your chieftian football team will need some help come week 10 in 2008

Why

Because they will be up against Caleb and a experienced bunch of seniors at home and the game will finally count as a SEOAL League game.

Look to lose, we have the advanntage at home. The series has proven that.

See you all next year at the Hernstein

Its sad that your only comeback is to speculate what may or may not happen during basketball season on a football forum. So if we beat Chillicothe in hoops, then I guess I will have to read "Well, our baseball team will demolish yours!!!"

You're a hack. Reading your nonsense makes me want to jab a pen in my eyes. I am slightly dumber for having to look at and take in what you write. Get back to the fries and make sure there are no pickles on my double cheeseburger.

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

Army wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:
Army wrote:
GAHS7462 wrote:.500 at best and no playoffs.

I second that :!: :-D

Still better than Chillicothe's 4-6 mark from this year.

47-18. Enjoy the summer.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why don't you go see if your round ball team can even play b-ball this season. They will need all the help thy can get when they play Chilli at the CAVS Gym this year. Just like your chieftian football team will need some help come week 10 in 2008 :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why :?:

Because they will be up against Caleb and a experienced bunch of seniors at home and the game will finally count as a SEOAL League game.

Look to lose, we have the advanntage at home. The series has proven that. :-D

See you all next year at the Hernstein :!:

lol....wasnt ur team supposed to contend last year??:lol:... do know that our team next year will be just as good if not better than it was this year?....the offense might even be better with little angle under center, who has both ability to run and pass very very effectively...and i know that wolfe will utilize every athlete we have on the offensive side of the ball which is quite a few....o and i forgot about the all but one veteran offensive line that will be back.....now ur are correct in saying that caleb knights is experienced and very dangerous and he will give teams fits next year but i dont see him getting past/around our defensive ends :(

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

On the projected starters list, I don't see all those guys going both ways. Several of this years soph's will win some of those spots. Many of the soph's that didn't get much jv playing time, would have started varsity at most other schools. Logan will have so much depth next year, that Coach could put in fresh legs every series and not hurt us too much. It's going to be another great year for the Chiefs.

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

We will just have to wait and see

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Top shelf, Shouldn't you be in class right now?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Sorry I'll take back what I said.

It should be:

.300 an no playoffs.

John 3:16
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here's my outlook, position by position:

Offense
QB - Pat Angle will be the man here after getting SOME experience last year. He has shown to be a good passer and more mobile than his brother. Obviously, Mike left some big shoes to fill in terms of wins and his experience will be missed. But Pat is "special" and I think he will make a lot of things happen for the Purple and White. Jon Neff, Jordan Rutter, and sophomore Jordan Jurgensmier provide depth. Neff will only get reps if Pat goes down, he hasn't played QB for 2 years. Rutter and Jurgensmier will probably pilot the JVs.

TB - Clay Morgan, with 5 starts in his career already, will step in and provide ability and experience to help replace Justin Frye. Clay has gotten bigger and stronger since his sophomore year and showed better vision in his playing time as a junior at FB and TB. Mason Mays, Zack McDaniel, and sophomore Kyle Guess are candidates to provide depth. McDaniel showed flashes of being very good in mop-up duty. I imagine Mays will be a receiver first, but will have the size to play in the backfield if needed. Kyle Guess is a special athlete who can be utilized in a lot of roles.

FB - Junior Michael Snider will be the top candidate to replace Potter/Kissling. I also think Zach Adams may be moved back to fullback from receiver due to depth reasons. If Austin McCann returns to the team, he also could be a candidate to block and run from the fullback spot.

WR - Mason Mays and Zach Adams bring experience to the position, and Huntsy and Seth Sigler were a big part of the unbeaten JV team and have good size/ability to play the position. Caleb Valkinburg, Ryan Sigler, and Korey Swaim provide some depth. Sophomore Kyle Guess could also see time at receiver.

TE - Jon Neff returns after being the second tight end last year. Derek Hart and Gavin Doyle are players who can contribute, and I won't be surprised if Ralph Robinson gets a look back at TE either. Showed good hands as a frosh and is a reliable blocker.

OT - Weston Andy is a returning starter but there will competition for his and the other spot. Taylor MaGuire is maybe an early leader for the other tackle spot, but maybe he'll be playing defense instead? Sophomore Jesse Arnold will get a look with his frame, and Kenny Sigler and Brock Thompson are juniors who will be ready to step up to play on Friday nights.

OG - David Schneider, Derek Shirey, and Cary MacLaughlin are all returning starters at one of the deepest positions on the roster. Look for Mac to play defense in '08. Kevin Smith and Jeff Murphy could also push for playing time providing big bodies and experience from last year's JV team.

C - Bobby Russell is back after a fine sophomore season. He has tons of heart and I'm sure he will be working to make himself better. Robinson and Murphy provide depth at another position of strength.

Defense
DE - Neff and Angle are returning starters. Angle will probably see less time at end b/c he'll be calling the signals. Hart has a lot of experience while Robinson, Doyle, and possibly Austin McCann add depth.

DT - Stephen Miller and MacLaughlin are returning starters, and Taylor Maguire saw increased playing time late in '07. Junior Jake Pogemoeller is aggressive and brings a "nasty streak" and will fight for time as well. Murphy has a great build for being a tackle in the Logan defense.

NG - MacLaughlin can play here as well as tackle. Zack McDaniel is also able to play at noseguard and be a disruptive force.

OLB - Morgan is a returning starter as is Adams who missed the first half of '07 due to a basketball injury. Adams started all 11 games in '06. Potter's leadership and experience will be missed, but Adams and Morgan will make the transition easier. Guess will compete for time as well, especially with Morgan and Adams playing both ways.

MLB - Michael Snider will move into replace the big shoes left by Kissling. Snider is athletic and moves well from sideline to sideline and is a big hitter.

CB - Mays is a returning starter and senior Seth Sigler will finally get a chance to play on Friday nights. Rutter, Swaim, and Valkinburg will provide depth.

S - Look for Huntsy to get the first look at safety after doing a great job as the Chief's 5th DB last year. Ruff, Rutter, and Swaim will all add depth.

Future looks very bright. Tons of kids who are ABLE to play and lot's of versatility. I'm sure the coaches will find the right spots for all the kids. It's been a long time since Logan could rely so LITTLE on sophomores going into a season.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GAHS7462 wrote:Sorry I'll take back what I said.

It should be:

.300 an no playoffs.

The thread says "Logan Football 2008" not "GAHS Football 2008."

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

Logan grad wrote:
DE- Debatable. Will Amyx allow Angle to play QB and DE? Will someone like Derek Hart step up and take his job.

If history is any indication, yes he will. Joey Conrad did both for a season and was quite effective.

And I dont know if Mays is anywhere close to being a "shut down" corner just yet. He is a solid player and a great athlete, but he needs to work on not giving up the deep ball to be a shut down corner.

didnt they only play him on defense when they needed him?

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

ole chief wrote:Top shelf, Shouldn't you be in class right now?

lol...i was when i posted that.

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

GAHS7462 wrote:.500 at best and no playoffs.

LOGAN VS. GALLIA SINCE 1997

1997-LOGAN
1998-LOGAN
1999-LOGAN
2000-LOGAN
2001-LOGAN
2002-GALLIA
2003-GALLIA
2004-LOGAN
2005-LOGAN
2006-LOGAN
2007-LOGAN

Thats......9/11 for the past 11 meetings. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Well, based on recent history i'll go with Gallia being one of those losses you mention. :-D

Hows that 4 pete treatin ya?

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I hate that the lowly teams of the SEOAL (besides Logan, of course) find it necessary to bash Logan. WE OWN YOU!!!!!!!!!

It will be a while before Logan is not atop the SEOAL leader board. There will always be a lot of talent at Logan. And what we lack in talent will always be made up by hard work and excellent coaching.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

I'd say that until someone beats them, and unseats them as league champion, the Chieftains deserve to be considered front-runners again in '08. I don't care who graduates.

I would say, however, that "undefeated" is going to be difficult to pull off overall, but not necessarily so in the league.

Proof is in the pudding, folks. Beat 'em first, then squawk.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Ole Chief, check the Ironton post and see who has the most :roll:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

top shelf wrote:we are so envious of ironton...i mean they have SOOOO many trophys...i wish we could go 6-4, 5-5 and still make playoffs.....oooo....i so wish i was a part of ironton right now

i remember just a few years back. i can't remember who but i seen a team finish 4-6 and made the playoffs

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

vegas-the sound system that was used week 9 at logan, will it surround the field in all four corners or will it be from one primary source like the portable system that was on display. inquiring minds would like to know.

thanks

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I am from WV and I can assure you that nobody from Ohio thinks of Logan, WV unless they actually play Logan, WV. And not many Ohio teams would venture down to play them. It is a town in extreme southern WV that has only been recently been easily accessible in the last 10 yrs. by Corridor G and before that it was EXTREMELY difficult to get there.

highonthehill
Waterboy

Post by highonthehill »

Yea, well I-Town just is mad because Logan slacked them!Yes they have tradition and a past but nothing right now, Logan will take care of you week 6 again!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

top shelf wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
top shelf wrote:we are so envious of ironton...i mean they have SOOOO many trophys...i wish we could go 6-4, 5-5 and still make playoffs.....oooo....i so wish i was a part of ironton right now

i remember just a few years back. i can't remember who but i seen a team finish 4-6 and made the playoffs

probably Ironton
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- no, bottom shelf, that was probably like columbus saint francis desales, you're worst nightmare in d2. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

^^^^^^^ Sure sign of Chieftain Envy.

Return to “Football”