Logan Football 2008

highonthehill
Waterboy

Post by highonthehill »

Morgan would have been a 3 year starter at any other school in the league or area!He's fast, strong, and a hard runner!He's a different type runner than Frye but I'd say that they are just as good as eachother overall!We cannot replace a Luke Wright!He is an athlete at that next level but what we can do is put people in position where a team has to worry about 5 players compared to 2 or 3!Thast what's going to help this team out the most!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Any news as to who will fill the void left by Athens?

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

i cant agree that morgan is better than frye.
there as good as each other and morgan is a heck of a back dont get me wrong but frye was as good as any back in logan

highonthehill
Waterboy

Post by highonthehill »

Here is my projected starters based on talking with coaches and IMO!

Offense
QB-Pat Angle
RB-Clay Morgan
FB-Jon Neff
SE-Mason Mays
FL-Jaush Huntsberger/Seth Sigler
TE-Zach Adams
T-Weston Andy
G-David Schneider
C-Bobby Russel
G-Derek Shirey/Cary Mac
T-Taylor Mcguire/Soph?

Defense
DE-Pat Angle or Zach Adams
T-Taylor Mcquire
NG-Cary Mac
T-Stephen Miller
DE-Jon Neff
LB-Clay Morgan
LB-Michael Snider
LB-Mason Mays
CB-Jaush Huntsberger
CB-Seth Sigler
S-Pat Angle

This is a general area of where I think people will be playing next year!They aren't going to let Pat play up at DE if someone can step up as Zach Adams who I think woudl be GREAT at that position because Pat could be a great help in the secondary!

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

LoganFootball63 wrote:yea but who cares about playoff history that happend before the legalilzed the forward pass, or even kept written history.. i heard about those team from those playoff games, is it true they all took steam cars to the game?????

I hear Noah gave that coach shotgun on the arch

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Wright can be replaced.
With Mays and Angle on the offense at the same time, will be more beneficial than just wright.
Logan hasnt had a qb like P, or not many players as athletic as mason mays.'
I think next years O will be the best logan has seen.
They just need more depth at the w.r spot.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Wright can be replaced.
With Mays and Angle on the offense at the same time, will be more beneficial than just wright.
Logan hasnt had a qb like P, or not many players as athletic as mason mays.'
I think next years O will be the best logan has seen.
They just need more depth at the w.r spot.

I would have to disagree. Joey Conrad was as if not more athletic than P. Angle. He was a big kid too. Physical. That whole era reminds me of this team the next few years. But that team went to the Regional Finals. Those are big shoes to fill. Saying that this is the best offense Logan has seen is a stretch. Did you see that team?? Thye could hurt you thru the run, or pass or special teams and the defense was as physical as any that I had seen in the last 10 years.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

I don't think a certain lineman has the work ethic needed to go both ways.
I still think a couple of the rising juniors will make their way into the starting rotation on the line.

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

jeff murphy i think is his name....has about exactly the same build as eggers and he could compete for a spot on the line.

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

Frye and Morgan...way 2 different styles of running...frye first and foremost can do both...he lowerd the shoulder alot this this year and all that weight he put on during the offseason made him soooo dangerous...he was not used as much as last year ...if he was there is no doubt that he coulda had 3700 career yards in 15 starts....but he also has unbelievable core balance and is TOUGH to bring down...and his ability to get as much yards after contact was ausome...Morgan prefers to just put the truck stick on and make the tackler regret getting in his way by just givin him a concussion...but i think clay will get a little shiftier for next year

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

If the guys coming up are better than last years players, you should have let them play this year, you might have won a playoff game, NOT :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

is the non-league schedule going to change any or will it stay the same?

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

sports junkie wrote:If the guys coming up are better than last years players, you should have let them play this year, you might have won a playoff game, NOT :lol:

You guys got a taste of them! :lol:

hill, IMO they are not going to put Adams on the line(with his knee), and also I think they will keep Pat at DE.
Also, we are forgetting upcoming juniors like Hoss, McDaniel, Rutter, people like them who helped out on special teams last season.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

top shelf wrote:Frye and Morgan...way 2 different styles of running...frye first and foremost can do both...he lowerd the shoulder alot this this year and all that weight he put on during the offseason made him soooo dangerous...he was not used as much as last year ...if he was there is no doubt that he coulda had 3700 career yards in 15 starts....but he also has unbelievable core balance and is TOUGH to bring down...and his ability to get as much yards after contact was ausome...Morgan prefers to just put the truck stick on and make the tackler regret getting in his way by just givin him a concussion...but i think clay will get a little shiftier for next year

clay morgan has the speed to bust out long ones. He is the type of back logan football wants. Someone whos the hammer not the nail.
but, hes not always laying the truck stick, he knows when to get shifty and not, hes smart with it, He is always falling forwords.
and, logan grad, I know joey conrad was a stud, but, i disagree.
Joey was a lot bigger, but patrick is a lot quicker and agile than what joey was. I can see patrick rushing for a 1000 yards next season.

highonthehill
Waterboy

Post by highonthehill »

RIP, I understand what you are saying but i disagree, Adams isn't fast enough to be split out anymore but is fast enough to be a TE!If he can make it through this football season plus basketball without his knee bothering him, he can do it!I doubt that they let Pat play DE, I've heard Amyx talking about him being at safety because we need a playmaker back there!He is the one that would be to do it, yes I am leaving out those people on special teams but I'm going with what I think the TEAM will look like next year!

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

LoganD14Life Posted:
I can see patrick rushing for a 1000 yards next season.

That would be HUGE!! I would love to see that, and he definitely can do it.

hill, good points, but I don't know..they really didn't want him long snapping last year because of the risk someone falling on it. Who would take his spot at WR then? And Pat WOULD be a playmaker at safety but I think he's too good at DE to be taken out of it. Are special teams not part of the team or something?
And I was referring to the people that played ST last season that will start this year, like on O or D, not on ST.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Coach amyx doesnt want pat at d.end.
D.end will go to hart, dougie will be outside backer.
Dougie would be a good tight end, but needs to put on some weight.
Mays may be split, bc you dont want to leave someone like him off the field.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Don't want to leave Pat off defense either.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan needs to stay away from having the QB and the main running back going both ways.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

noreply, yes, but you also need to play your 11 best players. I could see Morgan not playing defense, since we have some depth at LB, but I don't think it be that bad if Pat plays defense too.

Return to “Football”