Chillicothe 2008 football schedule

Army
S

Post by Army »

beezee420 wrote:Army i to would like to see us play some teams a little closer to us for non league games. while i do like that we are playing some challenging teams at the beginning of the year, it would be nice to play someone a little closer. either way i think that chilli will be good next year. you are right that caleb and his receiving corp need to continue to grow together. but i think that will happen this year, it will help that they've had an entire season together and will have the entire off season to continue the maturation process.

if chilli can win 2 out of the first 3 games they will have a very successful year next year. and who knows if we will run the ball more next year or not. i know that there will be some good running backs available to use, but we also still have caleb and his ability to throw the football. so we'll see.

beezee420,

I agree about our receiver corps. Next year will be the tell-all who and when will become the leader that steps up and starts to catch the ball for big yardage. Once that begins then eveybody else should fall into place. I think Caleb can have a season better than his 2006 season, concerning the passing part of his duties. As for running backs we do have a host of them coming back don't we? That's for sure! I agree about winning 2-out of-3 will start a road down to success and even a opportunity to win the SEOAL next year.

chillout wrote:
Another question to ask locos, is, how many times has army, bronc 21, chillifan, cavfan 86cav, chilltwon, hilltop, Tank..etc, etc, etc from Chillicothe stay on Logans threads as they do ours all the time? I repeat not a few times, sometimes, but all the time.

You can add "chillout" to that list Army. I personally joined just to defend chillicothe people from all of the super awesome logan people who keep saying

"47-18"
It is pretty pathetic that people can't stay on their own threads, or that even the moderator of the website can't say classy things. JJhuddle is better and if this was on there the fourm would have been close a long time ago and some people would be banned from the site.

HOWEVER, week 10 will be fun :lol:

Thanks Chillout... :!:

Thanks for the support. Just ignore them when they come onto our thread if they are talking non-sense. If we all stick together, eventually they will have to go away. Now if they want to talk serious, especially what this thread is about, Chillicothe's 2008 schedule, then that's fine lets talk, but if they want to continue to spew there garbage, then they will not get a reply back from me and hoprefully any other CAV Supporters. It's not worth it. All they do when we respond to there non-sense is in the end, high-Jack our thread and ruin the topic. It becomes a Logan thread instead of a Chillicothe one. The same has happened to Ironton. My advice to the Ironton Posters is don't respond in kind when the Logan Posters come onto there site as well, just to beat there chest and talk garbage. If our CAV, Fighting Tigers and Gallia Blue Devils stick together we can stop there non-sense.

GO CAVS :!:

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

Army wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:army, hilltop, sorry you guys can't talk about your HOME TEAM, without these long eared galoots chiming in. i checked in really just to read , and see your schedule for next year. great schedule by the way. let the logan boys have their fun, the worm will soon turn, and they'll be eatin crow again. they really can't handle the expansion of this league. give it a couple years for teams to get acclimated to the changes. and you'll see. i love this league. we just came in , during a hard time in ironton football history. we ain't whinin, we'll be winnin, just like chilli. THE SOUTH'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN, YES IT IS. :lol: :lol:

Yeah it will be another tuff non-league schedule. I think the Logan folks forgot about the 2006 score of 31-21 at the Hernstein. I agree, Your Tiger Bait, it will be a different season next year and in a couple of years the tide will turn in the South Division and we won't have to put up with this nonsense on ours and your Tigers threads with uninvited guest.

Army, if next years season isnt different from this years season then it would be.......THIS YEARS SEASON! DUH its going to be a different season lol

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

Army wrote:
bronc21 wrote:i dont care what he or any others posted....to go back and forth with each other is completely idiotic. this is suppose to be a sports site. not a bumbling bickering site for a few. i get on here not to just read about my school, but other SEO schools i know very little about. some of you just need to find a boxing ring somewhere and just beat the hell out of each other. i dont care who started what, just stop it........PLEASE!!! i just want to read about the kids from ALL schools.... O K A Y ???

Bronc21,
As I talked to Gahs4ever last night, I stated to him it's almost impossible for any Chillicothe or Ironton posters to talk about there teams on here anymore without the continued non-sense from those that come on our sites and supposed to be mature adults but act like children. He said they stay on ours and Ironton's and also Gallia Academy's from time to time because we usually reply back to them. Thus they begin to (High-Jack) our Threads concerning the CAVS, Fighting Tigers and Blue Devils. He suggested just don't reply back to them and they will eventually have to go away.

Anyway, I think it will be a tuff schedule for our CAVS again next season but I think we have the players in place to win if they stick together and play to there potential. I believe we may run the ball more next year. What do you think? Our juniors this year will be seniors next year. I see a lot of them stepping up. I believe we will have to work on the passing lanes and hold on to the ball more. We had several dropped passes this season that could of went for large gains. I remember several touchdown passes dropped early in the season thae was in the zone this year. Some hit the players right between there numbers. So definitly they will have to work on that. So we will have to wait and see. I hope we can replace Brookhaven and Big Walnut in the next couple of years with some local teams like Waverly from the SOC II or Circleville from the MSL (Buckeye Division) or Hillsboro from the SCOL. I am happy to see us schedule Sherdian from the MVL this upcoming year for a non-league game.

Ohhhhhh cry me a river. The problem is is that Ironton, Gallia and Chillicothe cant beat Logan and when you cant beat Logan you cant run your mouth you can only make excuses. Im sure if Logan were to have a bad season next year ol'Mr. 4ever wouldnt be the priest that you all see him being, or anyone else for that matter (from Ironton, Chilli or Gallia)

Ironton for many many years enjoyed their success and ran their mouths for quiet some time (still doing so and havent been getting it done on the field) and that was all okay, but now that Logan is winning WE are the bad guys. No, we arent the "bad guys", we are just the best football program in the league.

Army
S

Post by Army »

beezee420 wrote:Army i to would like to see us play some teams a little closer to us for non league games. while i do like that we are playing some challenging teams at the beginning of the year, it would be nice to play someone a little closer. either way i think that chilli will be good next year. you are right that caleb and his receiving corp need to continue to grow together. but i think that will happen this year, it will help that they've had an entire season together and will have the entire off season to continue the maturation process.

if chilli can win 2 out of the first 3 games they will have a very successful year next year. and who knows if we will run the ball more next year or not. i know that there will be some good running backs available to use, but we also still have caleb and his ability to throw the football. so we'll see.

beezee420,

By the way, who will most likely be in the starting backfield next year :?:

Who will be all the starting receivers next season to include the TE :?:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

top shelf wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: now the cats got your toungue , bottom shelf. :razz:

lol...caught my tongue?...no i was, just like the message said, rolling my eyes....because ironton does this every year...but your right....ONE DAY THE SOUTH WILL DOMINATE...THEY WILL DOMINATE EVERYTHING...NOTHING WILL STOP THE SOUTH....NOT EVEN THE, "ALL MOST KNOWN AS IRONTON FOOTBALL HISTORY NFL :!: :!: :!:NO ONE WILL STAND A CHANCE...IT WILL BE A MIGHTY SOUTH DICTATORSHIP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TAKE SOME IMMODIUM, AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING, BUT ITS CALLED TIGER ENVY. :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Army wrote:

beezee420,

By the way, who will most likely be in the starting backfield next year :?:

Who will be all the starting receivers next season to include the TE :?:

i'm not sure who will be starting in the backfield next year. it could be a number of different people. it could be Dere, Smith, Netter, Oates, or who knows. it will be interesting to see who wants to be the starter and works hard enough to get it.

i see the receivers being the same as this years. remember we only lose 2 senior receivers in Juice, and Buskirk this year. everyone else is returning. so it would be Benson, Grow, Scott, VanVoorhis, Dunn. and who knows if someone will play football next year that didn't this year.

GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:army, hilltop, sorry you guys can't talk about your HOME TEAM, without these long eared galoots chiming in. i checked in really just to read , and see your schedule for next year. great schedule by the way. let the logan boys have their fun, the worm will soon turn, and they'll be eatin crow again. they really can't handle the expansion of this league. give it a couple years for teams to get acclimated to the changes. and you'll see. i love this league. we just came in , during a hard time in ironton football history. we ain't whinin, we'll be winnin, just like chilli. THE SOUTH'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN, YES IT IS. :lol: :lol:

Doesn't bother me. I've been associated with CHS for two years, so in my time playing them , we are 1-1.They say too, that the Logan-CHs matchups in the last 4-5 years have always been close, even during the 2-8 campaign. I also grew up with a lot of Lancaster players as friends back in the day, so I never had a picture in my mind of Logan being a good football school(hearing their 1 sided stories). I do know enough, however to realize they have had some excellent players and a few good teams through the years. Heck, to be honest, untill I started coaching at West Lib and recruiting this area, I thought of Logan as having 2 big things-Katie Smith and Lake Logan. A top-ranked football program was'nt one of them. So, I'm speaking ONLY for MYSELF and my experience.
I have the utmost respect for Logan football and a great HC in D. Amyx.I also respect that they have so many loyal fans. You can't blame them.I just don't get worked up about it like a lot of people do, b/c like I tried to explain, it seems kinda funny to me at times.
But, hey, they're good right now and yes they are 4 time champions of the SEOAL, and they have the right to talk smack and be proud.Like any of us would'nt be if it was us in their shoes?
I do have to admit that it does get kinda old seeing some posters do what they do, but I know it goes both ways. And yes, Army I would have to say if a study was done that the data would be in your favor when you claim that Logan posters are more prone to posting on a thread that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Logan HS. Thats their gig. But, ya know what.WHO REALLY CARES? Will it keep me from sleeping tonight. I doubt it. Will it keep our kids and our coaches from giving it their all?Surely not.
I have a lot of respect for Locos, whether he played or not. I even have alot for Paladin, 2old and Bird b/c I've talked to each one of them one on one and know that a lot of what they do is for the response. I'll admit that they've been on my last nerve at times too, but after taking a breath and realizing it's petty in the grand scheme of things, I laughed it off and jumped back into the ring.
the best thing anyone can do that is bothered by their remarks is to sit back and wait, until the day you have your chance to fire back. Sorta like when I was in college.Concord was really good for awhile.they beat West Lib 16 years in a row. They talked smack, etc... Finally, my senior year, they came in ranked in the top 10 NCAA and we shut them out 56-0. You may have to be patient, maybe even waiting 16 years, but no one stays on top every year--for several years.Heck, Concord can't buy a win these days.
As for the 2008 Cavs--I will talk no smack.I know what these boys are capable of, but there are way too many factors that can affect a team either way in the long off season.We will be prepared.
Last edited by hilltopkid on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

hilltop -

Good post. Good luck to the Cavs in 2008.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Thanks LOCOS.I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Evidently you got what I was trying to say.Good luck to you too.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

What is all this talk about transfers from surrounding SVC schools?
With 21 seniors and a talented soph class why do you need help from the SVC?

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

bengalfan76 wrote:What is all this talk about transfers from surrounding SVC schools?
With 21 seniors and a talented soph class why do you need help from the SVC?

That is a good point. But teams can always use talented players! :-D

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Totaled Cav, Tell someone who cares how good Logan is. They can't even win round one in the playoffs against schools in there own Division. Ask someone in Ohio who Logan is ;-) You can toot your own horn, because no one else knows who you are. Poerhouse I think not :lol: :lol:

Paladumb, still waiting on your record at Rosecrans ;-) Cat got your tongue?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

hilltop: great post.

chill:jj doesnt hold a candle to this site. way too much policing on jj.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Thanks q-101
I have an idea.If it's Army that ticks you off, than PM Army instead of the whole thread and Cavalier fan base.That way, we don't have to see he same old stuff over and over, especially the basketball crap. I for one will never throw that one around. I think it's great we have a great b-ball team, but personally I can't stand the game.heck, I can't even dribble a basketball. the only reason I go to the games is because I'm getting paid to be an usher or I'm there to support some of my FB kids that play.

Bengalfan76--Where is all this talk of SVC kids transferring? If it's true, then I think that is a reflection of the local reputation of the school. They certainly aren't transferring if they think it's a worse situation than the one they're in now. I just hate when people talk about the transfers and turn it into a negative thing. I believe in loyalty to the kids that are here, but if a kid moves in and works just as hard, he should get the same respect..
In all my years of coaching and playing theres one thing I'v e learned for sure...competition and fear of sitting the pine is a great, if not the greatest motivator. If it doesn't motivate you and you give in, then you probably weren't going to be much help anyhow.
The banquet last night was very nice and got me pretty excited for next year. Especially when Coach D had all of the rising Sr's stand up. Wow! if these kids lift hard and condition themselves, and stay eligible, we could have a very exciting year.I just hope the kids in other sports find a time to lift too. GO BLUE!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

hilltopkid wrote:Thanks q-101
I have an idea.If it's Army that ticks you off, than PM Army instead of the whole thread and Cavalier fan base.That way, we don't have to see he same old stuff over and over, especially the basketball crap. I for one will never throw that one around. I think it's great we have a great b-ball team, but personally I can't stand the game.heck, I can't even dribble a basketball. the only reason I go to the games is because I'm getting paid to be an usher or I'm there to support some of my FB kids that play.

Bengalfan76--Where is all this talk of SVC kids transferring? If it's true, then I think that is a reflection of the local reputation of the school. They certainly aren't transferring if they think it's a worse situation than the one they're in now. I just hate when people talk about the transfers and turn it into a negative thing. I believe in loyalty to the kids that are here, but if a kid moves in and works just as hard, he should get the same respect..
In all my years of coaching and playing theres one thing I'v e learned for sure...competition and fear of sitting the pine is a great, if not the greatest motivator. If it doesn't motivate you and you give in, then you probably weren't going to be much help anyhow.
The banquet last night was very nice and got me pretty excited for next year. Especially when Coach D had all of the rising Sr's stand up. Wow! if these kids lift hard and condition themselves, and stay eligible, we could have a very exciting year.I just hope the kids in other sports find a time to lift too. GO BLUE!!!

Hilltop,
The post is about our 2008 football schedule. As to the topic, our schedule looks to favor our CAVS this up-coming 2008 season. Especially with having Sherdian, Gallipolis, Ironton and that wonderful 10th game of the season at home....... with Logan. :-D

Hopefully we will rebound and make some noise in the SEOAL this year in football :!:

If we made someone angry because we highlighted the fact that Logan posters were continuing to highjack ours, Ironton's and Gallia Academy's threads, no remorse here. Gahs4ever an old warrior and former Ross Countian, Centralia Alumni, gave some great insight on how to respond. That is, not responding in kind at all, period :!:

Especially to the non-sense crap that they spew on our threads, thus when we respond, it just feeds there crap to instantly make the thread about Logan. If some feelings were hurt because of the statement of a lot of loud noise being made from folks who didn't even play the game, again, no remorse. Sure your school may have not had the sport and that's understandable. But for those that could of played, but chose not to...well what can you say :?: :-D :roll:

You don't have to play the game to know all about it, but don't try to be the expert on kids from other schools and go in to detail here, claiming there weakness and pointing out there faults on here. Especially to those that never played the game. Those kind of posters really have no clue what those kids are going through out there on the field. :-D

I believe I am not the only person that has pointed this out to those that come on our threads to highjack it and cause problems and also become the resident experts on our kids, there coaches and the program.

Hilltop,
If q-101 has a problem I invite him to PM me. :-D

Bengalfan76,

We were wondering the same in Chilli concerning the SVC transfers, don't know why, but they seem to take place almost ever year, with some coming to Chillicothe for one reason or another. Do you know why :?:

Because alot of us in Chillicothe don't understand why they continue to leave the school system they grew up in, there friends, and teachers, just to play Football for Chillicothe.

Why? Because Chillicothe is now in the SEOAL instead of the OCC :?:

Or are there other issues going on at there school that has a certain few keep coming to play for Chillicothe. Maybe the possibilty of getting a chance to be looked at for a College Football Scholarship :?:

Bigger League, more talent, more opportunties? We are still trying to figure it out ourselves, but it continues to happen. Doesn't it :?:

As for the B-Ball team, we should win the SEOAL hands down again if everything falls into place, the Sectional and District too, and possibly the Regional with a good shot at making the big dance this season in Columbus. :-D

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Army wrote:
hilltopkid wrote:Thanks q-101

Hilltop,
The post is about our 2008 football schedule. As to the topic, our schedule looks to favor our CAVS this up-coming 2008 season. Especially with having Sherdian, Gallipolis, Ironton and that wonderful 10th game of the season at home....... with Logan. :-D

Hopefully we will rebound and make some noise in the SEOAL this year in football :!:

If we made someone angry because we highlighted the fact that Logan posters were continuing to highjack ours, Ironton's and Gallia Academy's threads, no remorse here. Gahs4ever an old warrior and former Ross Countian, Centralia Alumni, gave some great insight on how to respond. That is, not responding in kind at all, period :!:

Especially to the non-sense crap that they spew on our threads, thus when we respond, it just feeds there crap to instantly make the thread about Logan. If some feelings were hurt because of the statement of a lot of loud noise being made from folks who didn't even play the game, again, no remorse. Sure your school may have not had the sport and that's understandable. But for those that could of played, but chose not to...well what can you say :?: :-D :roll:

You don't have to play the game to know all about it, but don't try to be the expert on kids from other schools and go in to detail here, claiming there weakness and pointing out there faults on here. Especially to those that never played the game. Those kind of posters really have no clue what those kids are going through out there on the field. :-D

I believe I am not the only person that has pointed this out to those that come on our threads to highjack it and cause problems and also become the resident experts on our kids, there coaches and the program.

Hilltop,
If q-101 has a problem I invite him to PM me. :-D

Bengalfan76,

We were wondering the same in Chilli concerning the SVC transfers, don't know why, but they seem to take place almost ever year, with some coming to Chillicothe for one reason or another. Do you know why :?:

Because alot of us in Chillicothe don't understand why they continue to leave the school system they grew up in, there friends, and teachers, just to play Football for Chillicothe.

Why? Because Chillicothe is now in the SEOAL instead of the OCC :?:

Or are there other issues going on at there school that has a certain few keep coming to play for Chillicothe. Maybe the possibilty of getting a chance to be looked at for a College Football Scholarship :?:

Bigger League, more talent, more opportunties? We are still trying to figure it out ourselves, but it continues to happen. Doesn't it :?:

As for the B-Ball team, we should win the SEOAL hands down again if everything falls into place, the Sectional and District too, and possibly the Regional with a good shot at making the big dance this season in Columbus. :-D

Army-I agree with you. My statement about PM'ng you was for exactly that reason.If someone has a problem w/ you, then they should PM you and discuss it, b/c battling back and forth on an open thread is simply a way to get under your skin while making sure others see it. It's just some peoples way of entertainment.They love getting you riled up and seeing your responses.I have to admit to, that you don't see this on their own threads.I joke with him now, but Brid78 used to drive me nuts. he would hi jack every CHS thread that was on here.But like I said, it's all good. Take it w/ a grain of salt.
As for the transfer thing.You and I are on the same page.Why would we ever take it as a negative when kids leave there school to come here. Evidently, they aren't happy at their current school. You don't see any Westfall kids coming here do you?Thats b/c they have a good school, good program and coaches.People act like we recruit, but I invite them to investigate our staff and/or program. We are as excited and surprised as anyone when we hear about a new kid transferring. And we hear it a lot.I can't believe the rumors I hear now about certain kids coming here.If it happens, like I said, we'll greet them with open arms, but if not, we've got the kids to get er done.no doubt in my mind.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

qualified101 wrote:hilltop: great post.

chill:jj doesnt hold a candle to this site. way too much policing on jj.

He knows how to run a website though...

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

alright!!!all you logan bozos listen up!!!!

0-3? YOU WISH!!!

im sick and tired of you thinking your better than everyone.

last time i saw logan was losing to tri-valley.finaly...you can tear down that
pice of junk stadium of yours.

as a former cavalier player i can say that i beat logan in that 62-28 thumping at your house.

you have to come to chillitown and play us and will see who is the true kings of the SEOAL.

but 0-3 not a chance the cavs will have at least an 9-1 or do i dare say it 10-0.

anyway im ready for basketball how about you?

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

^^^^^my my Chieftain Envy continues to live.

And seriously no one cares about when you played. Save it for your grandkids.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cavalierfan95 wrote:alright!!!all you logan bozos listen up!!!!

0-3? YOU WISH!!!

im sick and tired of you thinking your better than everyone.

last time i saw logan was losing to tri-valley.finaly...you can tear down that
pice of junk stadium of yours.

as a former cavalier player i can say that i beat logan in that 62-28 thumping at your house.

you have to come to chillitown and play us and will see who is the true kings of the SEOAL.

but 0-3 not a chance the cavs will have at least an 9-1 or do i dare say it 10-0.

anyway im ready for basketball how about you?

Well, you told them.

:roll:

Return to “Football”